Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    Esports is made worse by a fast meta. Casual observers will have even less clue whats going on.
    LoL is viewer friendly because even your grandpa can understand teams taking objectives. You dont need to understand the characters and skills to get the basic gameplay. WoW Arena has no objectives beyond kill someone on other team.
    I agree blizzard has no idea what they're doing, esports is a mess
    They are not committed fully to esports because pvp is a minigame within a pve game
    They should have separated wow arena into a standalone game long ago but they're stubborn

Sounds like you're just unwilling/unable to learn and adapt, so you're happy to come and complain.

I main Disc, there's a 0% chance a Warrior is one shotting you through Pain Suppression, unless you're like 150 ilvl. Like that just doesn't happen. I'll agree that Pain Supp is a pretty trash CD, especially compared to the other Disc CDs, it's more than enough to stop a single DPS from killing you every time.

Same with Hunters, for that matter, they really can't one shot people unless you're super undergeared. Sure they can get you to like 20-30%, but you have more than enough time to react with Rapture or just a radiance cast.

Yes the game has a lot of burst right now, but especially as Disc it isn't that bad.

But I'm sure you're either straight trolling or you're 150 ilvl and think that the problem is the game and not your gear.

op logged in dinged 60 and tried to queue some games because his guild wont gear him or level his CR, got declined for his sub vendor/quest gear and is now salty.

the same person who is 2400exp but only warlord title...
    same person who has seen a 230ilvl player unicorn...

get good or go play hello kitty.

My main tactic as a Havoc DH is using the Night Fae 'The Hunt' ability (with +32.5% damage soulbind) on people with 26K HP or less, and just watching them die before my stun finishes. Even in cases where they have about 32K, I can generally finish them off by flying up into the air and spamming out the ranged fel fireball ability.

In the same way, Boomkins spamming out 7K Starsurges, or rogues killing you before you can get out of stuns, or Warriors convoking you after they've Bladestormed away 60% of your HP.

I can generally withstand most onslaughts, but there's some killer combo's where even popping all my defensives doesn't help.

I don't like the current way PVP is playing out, but seeing healers stand against 3-4 players when the damage players covenant abilities are on cooldown, that window of burst is the only option sometimes. Balancing is a fine act, but this feels like early-mid Wrath again, except it's not Chaos bolt 1-shots this time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out, OP.

Nobody wants the dampening meta back. BFA was a snoozefest, a healer's game only, super frustrating and boring for dps and any viewer. Nobody enjoys watching health bars not moving for 15 minutes, because of how overpowered healing was compared to damage.

The only good game is one in which healers have to be scared shitless. At all times. Fast paced, energetic, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out, OP.

Nobody wants the dampening meta back. BFA was a snoozefest, a healer's game only, super frustrating and boring for dps and any viewer. Nobody enjoys watching health bars not moving for 15 minutes, because of how overpowered healing was compared to damage.
    There's middle ground between BfA and Shadowlands, we had it in MoP which is arguably the peak of wow arena, dmg was high but not that high that people die in 1 stormbolt on healer

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Well reading this thread and seeing veteran pvpers acknowledge the Zergfest does make me feel better. I was thinking I was crazy with how bursty and faster paced arenas are these days.

RBGs are at least in a decent place, no?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    Well reading this thread and seeing veteran pvpers acknowledge the Zergfest does make me feel better. I was thinking I was crazy with how bursty and faster paced arenas are these days.

RBGs are at least in a decent place, no?
    It honestly isn't that bad, you just need vers gear. If you die in a minute you're doing it wrong. Most arena games go into dampening.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    But now he knows; they oneshot you. That's how they work. (the outliers)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I'd rather have the good old "drain the other team's hp and mana slowly down" than this oneshot-fiesta.
    Lmao. Talking about mana in PvP. What a boomer thing to say.

Squish everyones ilvl in instanced PvP so you can pick your stats but everyone is on the same playing field. Then for every ilvl over a threshold give an extra small % of stats. That way the gap between someone at 150ilvl and 230 ilvl is massively diminished but the 230 ilvl player still has a stat advantage, and skill becomes far more important.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Squish everyones ilvl in instanced PvP so you can pick your stats but everyone is on the same playing field. Then for every ilvl over a threshold give an extra small % of stats. That way the gap between someone at 150ilvl and 230 ilvl is massively diminished but the 230 ilvl player still has a stat advantage, and skill becomes far more important.
    You mean scaling, like we've had and was total fucking dogshit?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

RBG hero struggling to play a priest in a mindgames meta is pretty self explanatory as to why you're doing bad

try getting carried by a rogue/mage like you obviously were doing the last time you got glad, the only problem with priests rn is they are on a mana timer harder than other healers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yeah I'd rather have the good old "drain the other team's hp and mana slowly down" than this oneshot-fiesta.
    I prefer what we have now to that, personally... But I'd rather have neither... We went from one extreme to the other, there's a good, balanced middle ground between these two things, and that's where we should be... I really don't want to go back to the days of 15+ minute arena matches where you're just burning time waiting for dampening to stack up because it's impossible to kill anyone.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2021-01-25 at 07:17 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    I've been High Warlord for several seaons and maintain 2.2k to 2.4k in arena through Legion and BFA.

I just came back to this expansion and I'm being one shot by hunters through LoS and other classes.

I've had warrior charge me and one shot me before Pain Suppression or Guardian Spirit can even be activated (depending on spec)

Wtf happened.

This is not the same game.

If I wanted to play a game where one/two shots were the norm I'd be playing an FPS.

-------------------------------------------
    Update, straight from the horse's mouth:

https://ibb.co/LQ8mnth

For lulz, I'm screen shotted this before I went to bed.

https://ibb.co/bHcC1Wq
    You have 173ilvl, this is very low for PvP. You need at the very least 190 to even think about not being one shoted. Everyone has so much more vers and stats than you. Stamina is a big factor as well. From what I can tell, it's mostly gear.

I can see in your achievement that you have 2k rating highest, not 2.4 or 2.2. On that account, could be on another account.

I would say, just be patient you just need to farm a lot more honor and a lot more gear.

And btw, they removed the PvP scaling thing that allowed new players to not be one shot.

Now, anyone has over 200ilvl, and it's a big difference from 171, trust me. You will see big improvements once you reach 201.

I would suggest you playing disc more than holy with low ilvl.

Also, get your weapon enchant. Ascended vigor is very nice as a buff, +12% self healing can help you a lot and it's quite cheap to get.

Doing rated pvp right after hitting level 60 with no gear of course you are going to get destroyed. Yeah, there is some broken stuff in pvp right now but a 170ilvl going vs 210ilvl ppl is not something that needs tuning. Do random bgs and get a set of honor gear. Gearing fresh level 60 toons is in a really great place right now.

Negative.

I've seen 230 geared players nearly one shot by hunters around 180 ilevel.

I have too much experience in PvP over the the past six years to think it's still the same game.

The flow and pace has changed radically.
    If this 230 ilvl geared player was an affliction lock, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Sadly, ilvl and "high versatility" will not do much for them, if they don't got 3 healers in their back spamming defensive cds and spam heals, so in any normal, non rbg situation they are toast and there is nothing to prevent that, any other class could use either very strong defensives or 1 shot first. Some also called "S Tier" classes could do both.(Hence, S Tier)

I was just burst down in 3 seconds by a single feral through an active dispersion. How in the world is it okay to kill someone with over 200 ilvl with a 75% damage reduction buff in 3 seconds? I don't even want to PvP anymore, this is just ridiculous.

Negative.

I've seen 230 geared players nearly one shot by hunters around 180 ilevel.
    This is false. I'm 222 ilvl hunter and my aimed shot crits around 20k max with every CD possible with double tap that would be 25k in PvP if both Aimeds would crit (20k aimed + 5k crit (second aimed -50% in PvP and not affected by Careful aim). Noway 180 ilvl hunter does even close to 38k+ dmg with one global. No matter how skilled the hunter is Aimed Shot max dmg isn't affected by skill level.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2021-01-26 at 10:54 AM.

Anyone who doesn't think the game has always had balance problems is being disingenuous. Same goes for thinking that this iteration of pvp is not the worst it has been since Inf. Stars. pre nurf.

If people were actually honest about how they achieve things we could actually get solid feedback on pvp.

Just get more gear, nothing else than to grind it out. Random & epic bgs, arena skirmish, rated arena & Bgs. Spend honor on upgrading complete honor gear and supply with conquest gear as you get it. Honor is fairly easy and quick to farm and you should get max upgraded basic pvp gear in a decent pace.

Conquest can be more of a hassle depending on your class, gear & who you get to play with. Relying on total randoms can be a pain in the ass(Trust me, I know).

BTW - I have NEVER understood why Arenas is the big Esports thing that Blizzard pushes for so hard. I would think RBGs would be more popular and fun to watch. With CTF, Domination++ its much easier to follow and much easier to understand whats going on without having in depth knowledge of all the classes, spells and so on.

And since Blizzard got a boner for pushing esports into everything - If they pushed more on RBGs, maybe we could get new big pvp maps, new objectives etc.

Arena now is *blow everything you got in the enemys face* and see if they die or not. If non of you die after that initial 10-15 seconds, you might have a interesting fight. Most fights is just NUKE!11!!!!!!! GG end.