Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I agree. Covenants aren't as bad as I think. They are much worse than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    Are you for real? The difference in many cases is much more than 2%, especially when it comes to AoE VS. Single Target. Also, are you forgetting PvP?
    LOl PvP. THat is a side game. THe only difference is the outliers which Blizzard is trying to fox. ANd it was already simmed and showd only a ~2% difference. All covenants are viable for all specs.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    LOl PvP. THat is a side game. THe only difference is the outliers which Blizzard is trying to fox. ANd it was already simmed and showd only a ~2% difference. All covenants are viable for all specs.
    I wont speak for mythic raiders so maybe someone could chime in now that we are far beyond the sweaty race at the beginning of the tier, so i would be interested in people being declined guild invites for being the "wrong" covenant or similar. Personally, at the level of content i am doing, it is a complete non issue. People are encouraged to play w/e they enjoy the most, and thats the end of the discussion - we might say "oh shit this pull would be so much easier with [Slappy Hands] but we wouldnt say "thats it DK, you need to swap Cov because we need [Slappy Hands].

Again, if someone progressing through mythic at the moment wants to clarify their stance on it, i would appreciate it.

You keep proving that you've got no idea of what you're talking about. If you think that covenants really are that close and that utility & synergy is of no concern -- then I'm really done here. Also, PvP is not a side game, but I won't try to change your mind, like I said, done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    You keep proving that you've got no idea of what you're talking about. If you think that covenants really are that close and that utility & synergy is of no concern -- then I'm really done here. Also, PvP is not a side game, but I won't try to change your mind, like I said, done here.
    I know exactly what I am talking about and documentation was provided that back my assertions up. You just ignore that and insist you are right.

PvP is a side game. It's population of players vs PVE's population proves it.

Covenants are allright enough, but you would be stupid to pick a shit covenant for your class & preferred spec. Even at lower levels you will feel the difference. Trust me, I know. I picked covenant(s) wrong a few times and oh boy it was a difference when I made the "right" choice.

With that said. I've just decided on four classes, one in each covenant. I wont level any other class up and once i've experience the campaigns once, im done with them. THats not something I want to drag alts through, never.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Seems more like there is a best one and rest are trash now.
    This. Night fae is so insane on feral druid there is no choice imo. Maybe Kyrian for PvP idk.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    This. Night fae is so insane on feral druid there is no choice imo. Maybe Kyrian for PvP idk.
    Dont play feral, so is this true for M+ AND raids?

Cosmetic is the ultimate and only true endgame of wow.

Players farm sets and mounts because they look good. Gear stats and power will be replaced every patch, but cosmetic appearance stays forever.

Covenant abilities will be buffed and nerfed, but Cov set appearance will never be changed. Cov abilities only work in SL, but set appearance and transmog will last forever.

Not choosing covenant for cosmetic is stupid. Cosmetic is the only thing matters in the end.

You in no way had to switch. Being a necrolord doesn't prevent you from completing content. That is a you problem and not a game problem and you were not forced to do anything.
    I play an affliction warlock. The necrolord ability for us is dead content. It is absolutely a design problem. Also, affliction is shit in PvP without the night fae ability for mobility with the current burst and warlock survivability. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Dont play feral, so is this true for M+ AND raids?
    Yea man, I dont know any feral DPS that dont have nightfae. We even use a counduit to give it more dmg...Well many choose to.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    I play an affliction warlock. The necrolord ability for us is dead content. It is absolutely a design problem. Also, affliction is shit in PvP without the night fae ability for mobility with the current burst and warlock survivability. Try again.
    LOL PvP. There are plenty of affliction warklock who would do fine with Necrolords. But that doesn't top the DPS meters, so it is instantly bad. Sadly, min/maxing has infested the game so badly that people now have the mindset that they cannot play the game unless they are topping the meters. b=

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Covenants are allright enough, but you would be stupid to pick a shit covenant for your class & preferred spec. Even at lower levels you will feel the difference. Trust me, I know. I picked covenant(s) wrong a few times and oh boy it was a difference when I made the "right" choice.

With that said. I've just decided on four classes, one in each covenant. I wont level any other class up and once i've experience the campaigns once, im done with them. THats not something I want to drag alts through, never.
    Whoa re you to call people stupid for not picking what the sites tell you is the best covenant. YOu can play the game perfectly fine not choosing hte spec that the sim sites tell you to. There are plenty of people who do just fine with their covenant choice even if it isn't the "best" choice and they aren't stupid for doing so.

Covenants are a complete joke, some are gamebreaking overpowered, others are worthless. I don't know how any of that shit made it past any testing, jk the player base are the testers.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Covenants are a complete joke, some are gamebreaking overpowered, others are worthless. I don't know how any of that shit made it past any testing, jk the player base are the testers.
    Did they break the race to world first and highe nd mythic raiding, as well as high ranked pvp? or is it more the casual players being impacted?