Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Torghast "I win" anima power combinations.

So, not going to lie, kinda disappointed with Torghast's twisting corridors. The higher layers are hard, yes, but the moment you get the "wombo combo" of anima powers, it instantly becomes a joke. So I decided to ask you guys: what is your favorite "wombo combo" of anima powers for your class and spec?

For my Arms warrior, I have a set of four powers that are "must have":
    Voracious Cunning Blade: Execute/Condemn damage is increased by 100% and after casting it 30 times, removes the health % requirement.
    Pridebreaker's Anvil: Execute/Condemn knocks down your target for 0.5 seconds.
    Brawler's Brass Knuckles: Increases rage generation by 20%.
    Unbound Fortitude: Increases Die By The Sword's duration by 20% for each stack of Soul Remnant Blessing.

Having those four powers, Torghast becomes easy mode. Die By The Sword becomes permanent the moment I get enough Soul Remnant Blessing stacks. All I have to do is focus the casters/ranged mobs, usually with Sweeping Strikes active to knock down two mobs at the same time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh really. I wonder what best combinations are for mage to solo all layers in this case, and if you have more gear does it actually count or it’s scaled to your item level?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Oh really. I wonder what best combinations are for mage to solo all layers in this case, and if you have more gear does it actually count or it’s scaled to your item level?
    I only now started playing as a fire mage, but I haven't seen all the anima powers to know there is a "wombo combo" for them. The damage bonus during invisible one I know was heavily nerfed because it was one-shotting bosses, or something like that.

Sub Rogue
    First Steps+Last Blade=6-7 digit eviserates add 3 slippery wrath coils and your set
    3x chain link

For shaman.. It's basically 2x Deep Earth which gives you permanent greater earth elemental (1 min cd on a summon that last 1 min). Then just stack lots of health if you are in TC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So, not going to lie, kinda disappointed with Torghast's twisting corridors. The higher layers are hard, yes, but the moment you get the "wombo combo" of anima powers, it instantly becomes a joke. So I decided to ask you guys: what is your favorite "wombo combo" of anima powers for your class and spec?

Voracious Cunning Blade: Execute/Condemn damage is increased by 100% and after casting it 30 times, removes the health % requirement.
    Unbound Fortitude: Increases Die By The Sword's duration by 20% for each stack of Soul Remnant Blessing.

Having those four powers, Torghast becomes easy mode. Die By The Sword becomes permanent the moment I get enough Soul Remnant Blessing stacks. All I have to do is focus the casters/ranged mobs, usually with Sweeping Strikes active to knock down two mobs at the same time.
    As an arms warrior i fully support this list this is the best powers i always hope to get ^^

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

What about ignore pain proccing dbts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only now started playing as a fire mage, but I haven't seen all the anima powers to know there is a "wombo combo" for them. The damage bonus during invisible one I know was heavily nerfed because it was one-shotting bosses, or something like that.
    Fire juggling is pretty hilarious. You can bounce enemies around and they can't do anything.

For priests, puppet master's strings is pretty great when you stack it. You basically get a minion that runs around killing everything for him.

Warlock if you can get Infernal Intimacy and it not bug out is basically faceroll. Your pet does all the damage and wont die. BUT your run can be destroyed by your pet unsummoning itself at random.....

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.

I don't know about other DKs, but I think it's the mindfreeze that procs ibf, and then when you do ibf you summon the Drake that does an aoe stun and damage, and then you stack the power that reduces the CD of mind freeze. Basically an endless stunning aoe damage ability. Off the gcd.

Night fae druid, power than increases damage for 5sec after leaving stealth. Couple of those and you literally one button kill bosses.

I don’t know the names, but for monks once you get the one where vivify does damage and immunity every time you roll for the first 30 seconds it game over.

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    What about ignore pain proccing dbts?
    Ignore pain requires fury to use, and I'm constantly using it to spam Execute/Condemn. It's not exactly a great anima power IMO. With 2 Unbound Fortitude I basically get permanent Die by the Sword.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    As an arms warrior i fully support this list this is the best powers i always hope to get ^^
    I am FULLY expecting Blizzard to nerf or otherwise remove some anima powers to "balance" the place, with the one I described in the OP being, IMO, near the top of the list. :/

BTW, can you believe Icy-Veins lists Pridebreaker's Anvil as a C-tier anima power? That thing is OP as hell!!

Ignore pain requires fury to use, and I'm constantly using it to spam Execute/Condemn. It's not exactly a great anima power IMO. With 2 Unbound Fortitude I basically get permanent Die by the Sword.

- - - Updated - - -

I am FULLY expecting Blizzard to nerf or otherwise remove some anima powers to "balance" the place, with the one I described in the OP being, IMO, near the top of the list. :/

BTW, can you believe Icy-Veins lists Pridebreaker's Anvil as a C-tier anima power? That thing is OP as hell!!
    They had the perma stun as a C tier? well lol !

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    I don't know about other DKs, but I think it's the mindfreeze that procs ibf, and then when you do ibf you summon the Drake that does an aoe stun and damage, and then you stack the power that reduces the CD of mind freeze. Basically an endless stunning aoe damage ability. Off the gcd.
    Oh, I know that one: Ancient Drake Breath + Boundless Fortitude + Tome of Swordplay.

Another good one that works as both offensive and defensive is doing Undertaker's Crown + Monstrous Concoction for powerful immortality. Having some Lich Robes to hasten the cooldown of Lichborne is not bad, either.

One I like to do with my DK too, but it harder to do, is to use 1-2 Chains of Anguish +3-5 Unbreakable Cuffs and I can basically demolish huge packs of adds.

Avenging wrath 60% better (ideally 2 or 3 times)
    Hammer of wrath extends avenging wrath
    Extra final tier talent, extra second tier talent, then whatever gives haste and procs damage. Especially the arcane damage on crit.

There’s also a rare that gives you a power that prevents taking more than some percentage of your health in damage, which is basically auto win on its own.

7+ Year Old Account

for demonolgy warlock infernal pact

what?
    yeah, infernal pact, thats it, what else do ya want?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    For mage it's not so much combinations of specific anima powers but more general ones. For fire the most important one is probably the fireblast power that knocks stuff back. Otherwise you just want all the percentage based powers you can get, like the urn smashing power for your primary attack and the stupid-dance every floor for 5% power. Arcane is pretty much the same, but runecloth wrappings will be your I-win button against bosses in combination with the scaling powers. The mirror image build with epic power and a ton of small ones is always nice to have as well and so is obviously having better shields.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    They had the perma stun as a C tier? well lol !
    They also had the runecloth wrappings for arcane as c tier previously as well... they have no clue. One-shotting elites on a <2 minute timer is definitely not c tier. Edit: Seems they realized by now and have it as A tier.

Btw, this weeks chorus of he damned stuff is quite lame. Turned my weekly run into a crawl, not gonna pick that up again.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-02-13 at 06:04 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

For a fire mage, it's anything that adds a mirror image, mirror image gets more powers, frost/fire/arcane shields at once, the puzzle at the beginning of the level, gaining power with each ashen phylactery you break, plus anything that buffs the shields or heals me. Fire Juggler is probably, the biggest though. It just seems so OP.

I stopped picking Runecloth wrappings (damage while invisible) after the nerf. I picked it once after the nerf, and it just seemed useless.

All levels/floors of Torghast/Twisting Corridors is easy breezy with all of this. I never die, I rarely even go below 75% health. Everything dies so fast. My Torghast experience never seems to change with item level, because all the power is in the anima powers. I'm 195 ilvl now.
    Last edited by ablib; 2021-02-13 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In any spec for Death Knights, if you take multiple stacks (like 5 or more) of the Anima Power of "Chains of Ice strikes 1 additional target and lasts an additional 3 seconds" and a couple stacks of "Chains of Ice binds enemies' health together, causing them to share 50% of damage taken" then literally nothing stays alive. You can do huge pulls even at the upper levels of TC and everything will melt.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-02-13 at 12:45 PM.