Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will include tears, rivers and rivers of tears from those that didn't get what they want in the patch.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    and most important thing...flying
    Um for alts cool but in general i dun need it that much :P But yes that good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    I wasn't trying to diminish quality, Kara was amazing and I loved every minute of it. But quantity-wise, it was only 1, albeit mega, but still A dungeon. And I'm not expecting more from 9.1 (like I said, I'd be happy if it brought 1 mega-dungeon as the patch'es main feature). But reading the previous posts, people expected raid, new zone and so on. So I was trying to emphasize that a .1 patch in Legion didn't bring any of that, but just a dungeon (quantity-wise).
    7.1 did however have a new raid open that was not available in 7.0 even if it was part of launch.
    Similarly all previous expansions have had a second raid open in the X.1 or X.1.5 patch. Expecting a new raid to be available in 9.1 does make perfect sense even if BfA is the only expansion to add a new raid in a X.1 patch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

It needs:

- Dungeon(s)
    - more campaign
    - Flying
    - New BG (a dream, not gonna happen)
    - Expand on stuff that happens in the world.

A catch-up mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    BFA had 6 zones, we have 5 right now... what are you going on about?
    Well to be fair this layout sucks. We still gonna have to use a flight path to get to a zone to fly. There no reason it couldn't have had a northrend layout. Once we do get flying it's gonna feel like ffarr.

But I doubt we will see anything major for classes and balancing. The 5% brigade has been hard at it... Lol hopefully they just work on the systems in place. Legendary system is already obsolete. What we gonna get more ilvs and maybe a 3rd secondary stat? Oooo exciting... And there is no way they will balance those. Some specs have and option or two. Some you pick one or your bad. I guess more story stuff would be good.

I don't see how they can make the maw or the tower relevant for the entire expansion.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Something with Torghast please. As of now it's in an even worse spot than BFA islands were in terms of replay value

Balanced PvPahahahaahahahaahahhaHAHAHAHAHAAHA! Imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    My guess is the following.

Covenant campaign 4-6 new chapters.
    Probably

The Maw updated with new faction. The Maw Walkers. Alliance and Horde come and set up a permanent base.
    The Brokers/Cartel, maybe.

New daily quests added to the maw like Argent tournament.
    What would this game be without more Dailies and WQ's??

Torghast megadungeon the rescue Anduin. But were we too late?
    Please, no!!

Torghast raid with Sylvanas and Nathanos. Can we stop the Jailers escape from the Maw?
    This is a bit early...

Eye of the jailer mechanic removed after completing the covenant campaign. We find an ancient artifact that lets us avoid detection. Mounts will now also head your call.
    After all the trouble I went through and time spent to get a mount that functions in the Maw, that better not happen!!!

We will be exploring and in 2 cases, assaulting 4 new in-between realms. Valhalla, the Emerald Dream's core, Thros and Helheim. These 4 realms are essentially the elemental planes linking Azeroth to the Shadowlands, with 4 entrance points into the realm of Azeroth. (Drustvar, Shaladrassil Stormheim; the Naglfar, and Stormheim; the Halls of Valor). In the Emerald Dream, we will be assisting Malfurion, Cenarius and Malorne in the repairing of the Rift of Aln, in order to reestablish the link to the Shadowlands realm of Ardenweald. In the Golden Halls of Valhalla, we will train and recruit reinforcements for an Assault on Torghast, and try to figure out how to return the Arbiter to her main function. In Helheim, we will attempt to thwart Helya once more in her plan to create a link to the mortal world, where she can begin dispatching her Mawsworn into Azeroth en masse, and in Thros, we will assault the leaders of the Drust head on in their own home plane of existence, and banish them once and for all. These new realms will be essentially like Argus in terms of scale, except one additional land mass of similar size.

New chapters of the Covenants:
    1. Kyrian - We explore Uther's path of redemption, which ends with him going to the Maw on a personal quest.
    2. Ardenweald - We rescue Tyrande from the Maw and attempt to save her from the Night Warrior fate.
    3. Maldraxxus - We begin the campaign to assault the House of the Chosen. This leads to a mini-raid Where we battle through the forces of Vyraz, and end up learning something from Kel'thuzad as he retreats that changes the story around for the victors.
    4. Revendreth - We continue helping Kael'thas achieve penitence for his sins, and discover Garrosh. We end up using Renathal's crown to sever the anima link leading to the Maw. Remornia comes up missing. Renathal and Draven do not recognize the thief.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I expect flying of some sort. Or at least the start of Pathfinder part 1.

Actually I forget if they removed Pathfinder this expac and returned to purchasing flying.
    You will unlock flying through renown. It will still be a pathfinder style thing.

- - - Updated - - -

New in 9.1:

-Guild Halls
    -Player housing
    -NEW CLASS - Tinkers!
    -NEW CLASS - Necromancers
    -NEW RACE - High Elves

More steps to the campaign which end with you reaching out and proving your worth to the other 3 Covenants.
    Your main campaign is your soulbinds and abilities (but can then freely change between them).

You simply access the the sanctums and can do the story of the rest.

Ultimatly ending with a campaign that has you, as a member of all 4, doing something that requires everyone together.

Hope flying gets unlocked. Bonus points for Blizzard dealing with the idiotic In-Between in some way, so players wont have to flightmaster to the zone only to be able to fly there.

Other than that, looking forward to a new raid, and perhaps some loot system updates (the current one is, well, slightly lacking).

I wonder whether 9.1 will introduce some covenant specific world quests. I guess we have the dailies and single world quest but I really do feel like we are missing out on more world quests that take advantage of the player being in a specific covenant.

Specifically I still wonder why Necrolord have so little content aimed around actually being in a war. Ideally there should be more content where you get to direct an army.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want them to fix recent legacy dungeons/raids like Legion. It remains hard to solo Legion Mythic content. It should not by now. Even Mechagon is impossible to solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I want them to fix recent legacy dungeons/raids like Legion. It remains hard to solo Legion Mythic content. It should not by now. Even Mechagon is impossible to solo.
    Good luck with that.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Selfie Smell-o-vision
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing that will satisfy the MMO-Champion forum userbase.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nothing that will satisfy the MMO-Champion forum userbase.
    I cant disagree with this assessment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I really hope we don't get flying in 9.1.
    We have loads of focus on outdoor movement with covenant teleports and such. Seems like such a waste to throw that all away for flying when the content is still relevant. Keep that for much later for when the content is outdated in 9.2.
    If you ask me... they should just not have flying ^^

PS: that is my hope

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    My point still stands.
    I am allowed to hope that it isn't true or that the interview got it wrong when I see something I assume to be a definite misstep in development.

Flying is a cancer on the world design of WoW, and the game would be much better off without allowing players to escape from anywhere with no tradeoff.
    Couldn't agree more!

1st,
    if they are gonna keep flying they really need to rework it and make it 2021 system... since has flying is now... its just Hover in the air Hackmode... its not even flying...

2nd,
    if they go for removing it... they should make it posssible for us to Climb up mechanic or a side down mechanic... since its really 2005... when you see a spot that you can go up... but cant because blizzard did not smooth out the place.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!