Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it does give bonus stygia aswell which is why i keep it on (also since im a warlcok so as long as i play right i dont lose stygia)
    but most turn it off cause even dying to them once risks 20% of your current stygia.
    It seems that if you die from a player attack, you do not lose that much stygma. BUT since the Maw is very mob populated, you tend to get last hit by mobs so you lose 20% each time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aranis View Post
    Its simple, people are like me.

We hate which way the horde story is going (every major character ruined, gone or dead) and switched to the alliance side
    I switched Horde because there is so much more people than in the Alliance making pug, guild and so on much easier.

My NB mage just works with the Alliance and the Horde and is neutral in their conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No they aren't rofl
    Yeah, they are.

Its like.. you could go check yourself. That the info is freely available. Datamineable from Blizzards own servers.

But hey, you can just state "nuh uh!" and look like an ass.

Up to you.

The population split between the two sides has never been wide. The population split between different servers was always bonkers, but that no longer matters thanks to cross-realm zones and warmode.

People saying WM is useless makes me cry. I enjoy the odd world pvp, and the pvp talents are fucking insane...Especially for outdoor/grinding/WQ's they can be very good. Also pvp world quest achievement zzzz.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Zone into the maw and see piles of dead horde everywhere. Nope out of that real quick like.

Quote Originally Posted by wink- View Post
    According to Ion, there was a 4:1 Horde to Alliance ratio as of Nov 2020.
    Which makes the dead Alliance raiding scene all the funnier
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    People saying WM is useless makes me cry. I enjoy the odd world pvp, and the pvp talents are fucking insane...Especially for outdoor/grinding/WQ's they can be very good. Also pvp world quest achievement zzzz.
    Many people don't care about the PvP aspect of WM. they care about the bonus resources back when it was directly giving player power by giving 10% more AP.

This is why there is a bonus attached in the first place, if WM was purely about the PvP there would have been no bonus and almost no one would have turned WM on to start with.
    (note the world "almost". not just "no one").
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    No they aren't. Its almost like you can datamine populations via the armory API and realm stats addons.

Popuations are within 3% of each other and have been pretty much always, since the game launched.

indiidual servers can have wildly varying populations and bad splits, but this is utterly irrelevant now, so.... yeah.
    Alts that can’t even reach level cap or haven’t even been able to get a high enough ilvl for several expansions to queue for lfr are not real characters.

It’s about quality not quantity. And quality has been leaking out the alliance container (because of blizzard ineptitude) toward a more favorable operating state on horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    There are just too many Alliance players in this game compared to Horde so it's impossible to play with WM on as Horde. If you watched MDI every team was Alliance.
    If you paid attention you would know all of those people playing ally in the mdi are horde characters on live realms. This copium going on is hilarious. And it is why there is no reason for diehard horde players to switch.

Cause blizzard allows for tournament characters to be created out of nothing. No investment needed or lock-in to make them. So why would horde leave on live realms for ally racials when they can take advantage of the ally racials with no cost on tournament servers? So then that makes the only area that racials that would matter would be the RWF. And we all know how that happened with this tier with big blizz nixing the reason to leave until one guild did the jump prematurely. Also said horde guilds can benefit from horde players to facilitate better splits. Horde players that likely used to be on ally during WoD through BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Alts that can’t even reach level cap or haven’t even been able to get a high enough ilvl for several expansions to queue for lfr are not real characters.
    K.

Not sure what that particularly piece of arbitrary drivel has to do with anything, but sure.

Narrow your results to max level characters with sufficient iLevel for your arbitrary "because i said so to try to tilt the argument in my favor" bullshit.

Youll still find that the populations aren't super imbalanced.

They literally never have been, service-wide in any particular region.

Its always been with ~6% at worst.

But hey, i know that damages your narrative and makes you look like a fool, so, whatever.

K.

Not sure what that particularly piece of arbitrary drivel has to do with anything, but sure.

Narrow your results to max level characters with sufficient iLevel for your arbitrary "because i said so to try to tilt the argument in my favor" bullshit.

Youll still find that the populations aren't super imbalanced.

They literally never have been, service-wide in any particular region.

Its always been with ~6% at worst.

But hey, i know that damages your narrative and makes you look like a fool, so, whatever.
    Realmpop hasn’t been a thing for over a year. And raider io doesn’t sort populations based upon ilvl. And are you really that person to go through all realms to find ilvl breakdown for all realms with wowprogress?

Quit with the copium. You have no data refute what I state. When I can easily bring up raid progression and % breakdown per region for m+ breakdowns based upon faction.

You strike me as someone who gets too fixated on an example to understand its usage as a metaphor.
    Last edited by Couchpotato2013; 2021-01-28 at 09:00 PM.

AOO just popped on ally side

Yeah, they are.

Its like.. you could go check yourself. That the info is freely available. Datamineable from Blizzards own servers.

But hey, you can just state "nuh uh!" and look like an ass.

Up to you.

The population split between the two sides has never been wide. The population split between different servers was always bonkers, but that no longer matters thanks to cross-realm zones and warmode.
    There are 70ish horde side guilds in hall of fame 10 alliance. There are over double the number of horde keys at any given time vs number of alliance. Basically every region except oceanic is massively horde dominated. The only people looking likes asses are those ignoring these very simple statistical facts.

thats one of the world quests, you pick up seeds and deposit them

that is not one of the events, they were things that happened every hour like the battle of nazjatar.

- - - Updated - - -

i pretty often would just afk at the very south flight point in kutlrias and it would spawn right ontop of you with no one to compete with.
    How weird. I haven't turned WM on this xpac. No WQ was popping up. Just the random flagging and extra action button.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Just curious as I rarely use warmode myself, but most of last Xpac The ally side warmode was at 25-30% for that seemed like the whole Xpac. At the start of Sl, it was 25% and then shortly after the Ally started farming people at Torghast entrance area for the weekly quest, I noticed the buff dropped from 15% and now down to 10%.

I don't know if there are any means to measure it, other than to take Blizzard word for it. But did a large number of horde turn off Warmode now that the content has everyone together again, or did a large number of Ally turn it on? (Which seems weird after having it off for so long) Anyways just something I noticed and was curious what made the sudden change

This is why. That is all alliance camping the exit/entrance to the maw...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    This also happened at one point in BFA. Horde realize that there is no reason to have WM on. They all turn it off and the bonus for Alliance drops. Then Alliance start to turn it off and Horde turn it on again. And the bonus increases again. Just wait a few weeks and the Alliance bonus will most likely be back to 25-30 %.
    Well looks like you might have called it. Ally side is back to 20% and the against all odds quest is back. Seems like an odd time to make a comeback, but hey I don't have my finger on the pulse these days.

This is why. That is all alliance camping the exit/entrance to the maw...
    Yeah, I remember this being a thing that got complaints and Ion mentioned some protections and then I noticed the % number started dropping. My Tin foil hat, made me think Blizzard lowered the bonus, just to stop offering the AOO quest and maybe Ally would stop flagging for warmode.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2021-02-01 at 12:01 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Well looks like you might have called it. Ally side is back to 20% and the against all odds quest is back. Seems like an odd time to make a comeback, but hey I don't have my finger on the pulse these days.

Yeah, I remember this being a thing that got complaints and Ion mentioned some protections and then I noticed the % number started dropping. My Tin foil hat, made me think Blizzard lowered the bonus, just to stop offering the AOO quest and maybe Ally would stop flagging for warmode.
    They added the protections.

THe % dropped cause horde kept turning it off and alliance turning it on because they were finally starting to be the bigger warmode.

they arnt touching it, it got changed cause horde turned off cause they were getting farmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I hate PvP, however I've played with WM on in Shadowlands for the entirety.