Poll: Would you allow A.I Hologram Dr to be your primary?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Would you agree to perfect internal Doctor?

Would you agree to perfect internal Doctor but it’s a A.I Hologram?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course, a superior health outcome is a superior outcome regardless of whether it came from humans or an AI. Thinking that there's a difference is basically just racism or "speciesism".

As of right now AI can't do anything like that. All AI can do is super-human pattern recognition.

idk how it could be perfect. but like hypothetically if it was like the doctor from star trek voyager vs commander crusher, I think I'd still prefer a real doctor.

Straight up if I get Robert Picardo for a holodoctor I'm more than happy.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Conceptually yes, but realistically it'll take a long while till AI is at that level. Compare to autonomous cars; perfect chauffeurs in the making, but for the moment they're prone to random dumb moves. If I suffer because of an error I want that error to be accountable to a human. World somehow makes more sense that way.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    is this english
    I could use a translation aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Would you agree to perfect internal Doctor but it’s a A.I Hologram?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you stroke out while posting this

10+ Year Old Account
    If its good enough for Martin Short its good enough for me.
    /s

What's an "internal doctor"? A doctor who practices internal medicine? Or a doctor that would live inside me?

Unless your rich and have the greatest doctor, most doctors are just going to prescribe treatments to you based on statistics on how they treat other patients with the same health problem. I think a computer could do a good job of that. They trying similar things with that Watson IBM ai aren't they?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why would I object to a perfect doctor?
    It's irrational to not want a perfect doctor but I think many people have grown up thinking of "AI" as a soul-less computer that inevitably turns evil like in most of the Hollywood movies. Pop culture and even popular figures in the field of AI say that we should be extremely skeptical and mistrusting of AI. There's a whole field called "AI risk" which does nothing but make overly dramatic predictions of how AI will ultimately harm us and be a force for bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    So basically, The Doctor from Star Trek: Voyager? If we're talking about something at that level, I wouldn't be opposed at all.
    I recall when there eas some sort of big problem that had them considering abandoning Voyager. The doc requested that if should that ever be necessary, that she destroy his capacity to form and his memories, in effect, kill him.
    A small poignant moment of the doc's obvious humanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why would I object to a perfect doctor?
    Because it doesn't exist?
    The knowledge so programmed comes from humans, not gods. And we should know by now that humans aren't perfect.