Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    No, what I did notice was the decrease in Multiboxing due to Blizzard reacting by banning key broadcasting.

My server cluster is small and it's usually full of bots and farmers from other servers due to the timezone differences, but comparing Shadowlands to Nazjatar I see way less multiboxers. Hell I even reported some and got that automated letter
    damm so its just me :P. For me nazjatar was a bit less insane as shadowlands. maybe the time i played back then/sever sharing etc was different for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still see clusters of druids herbing periodically but no where near the frequency I used to.

Keep in mind multiboxing in and of itself isn't forbidden, just the key broadcasting software people used to use for it. Although it's unlikely all are, you may be seeing legitimate multiple boxers, too.

It's also worth noting that Blizzard has never instantly banned botting accounts (nor communicated with the reporters). They always wait and do them in big waves. Now that they've redefined what they consider botting to include key cloning, I imagine these will be treated similarly.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I see tons only in Warmode ON though for some reason. Makes it easy to kill them. You can tell the bots vs the players as the bots auto release res and start doing exactly what they were before. Killed the same druid pack for an hour as they would just res and start farming again.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    But using software to do it is. And when you see several accounts doing the same thing with little to no effort its kinda clear something more then x amount of mice is in play.

You can play several accounts at once.

But when you use software to automate it , it is ban worthy. And if you and 8 other druids with the same name farm 1 note ( herb/mine) at the same time without any delay . while 1 account is leading them and the rest is following them. Its a ban .
    If you're using software, you can do the same thing with hardware
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    If you're using software, you can do the same thing with hardware
    yes, but to the extend i have seen multi boxxers and how they interact with the world/mats...half of them are easy to spot software users.
    Like all acounts on follow and all instant mine a node.
    And some other small things.

And yes blizz is nope on software, but yup on hardware.

But my question was , do you all see a increase?
    For its gotten to a point i start to drop that ocean trinket to mess with them, or other toys. ( do not follow them or something).
    And report them.
    Because i keep missing nodes of herbs. They have become a thing i can live with. To a thing i think needs to be banned/acted on more.

* sidenote.
    1 of the person i reported was banned. He was looking at me when i reported him. And went offline a shortwhile later. ( 4 days ago).
    2 day his "friend" or maybe the person on a different account whisped me very angry. :S
    So atleast 1 of them i was cheating for real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    I see them mostly in packs of 5 and mostly being druids picking herbs. I just kill them. Super easy targets. When I see them being my own faction I just hate them a little and move on.
    same for me.

Just was wondering if i was being silly and or seeing things ( the increase of them etc)

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I hardly ever see any. Can't remember the last time I saw a MBer. In BFA, I saw them ALL the damn time.

I've seen them in SL, and when I do I report them. I wish I didn't have to, but here we are.

To be honest, I haven't seen any multiboxers at all this expansion. And also a reminder that technically multiboxing itself isn't a bannable offense. You can still effectively multibox for gathering to a certain extent using by having the other accounts /follow your main and then alt-tabbing between windows when all characters are within clickable range of the node.

But yeah, it was all over the place in BFA but I have yet to see it myself this expansion. I don't spend a whole lot of time out in the world, but I didn't in BFA either and still saw it all the time then.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is a WoW head article on how to mess with them with toys.

I’m sure if we all work to together we can annoying them into oblivion.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=320493/...-break-botters

same for me.

Just was wondering if i was being silly and or seeing things ( the increase of them etc)
    If by Multiboxing you mean 5-10 toons all following and repeating actions I'd say I see very very little of it. Our server cluster had one guy doing it, but after the ban I haven't seen him around

If you are calling the 2-3 toons botting "multiboxers", ie the leather farming spots, I see tons of it daily. But I'm 99% sure they are not software multiboxing, but software botting. I report all that I see and get Blizzard replies claiming I made a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

How does this actually work? Are the bots just drawn something to click without realizing what it is? I assume their programing was smarter than that.

*Sigh*

Multiboxing is not against the rules. Using software that allows 1 keystroke to control several other accounts, is. The "Blizz dun care!"-line is inane especially so soon after they changed their stance on this matter.

I see a lot of players in the world as I spend a lot of time farming/leveling on my single characters, and I make damned sure to inspect multiboxers as I see them. I've only seen 1 using said software so far, and I got a mail in-game for reporting that user.

One reason for there being so many multiboxers, is that there's a ton of gold to be made and likely more players in total than there were during this same period of BfA.

Considering that I've been called a botter and reported as such more times than I can count throughout my days of farming in this game, I sincerely doubt the ability of rando's to spot actual bot behaviour/behaviour that's too smooth and sequenced to be manual. Most players can't even spot differences in mount animations.

Report and if you get a message in-game thanking you, you found one out.

Multiboxing might become against the rules eventually, but as long as they do not utilize keystroke software, it's kosher for now.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-01-28 at 11:42 PM.

yes, but to the extend i have seen multi boxxers and how they interact with the world/mats...half of them are easy to spot software users.

And yes blizz is nope on software, but yup on hardware.

For its gotten to a point i start to drop that ocean trinket to mess with them, or other toys. ( do not follow them or something).
    And report them.
    Because i keep missing nodes of herbs. They have become a thing i can live with. To a thing i think needs to be banned/acted on more.

* sidenote.
    1 of the person i reported was banned. He was looking at me when i reported him. And went offline a shortwhile later. ( 4 days ago).
    2 day his "friend" or maybe the person on a different account whisped me very angry. :S

- - - Updated - - -

same for me.

tbh you cannot know if someone was banned or not unless you get a mail from blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen loads of both multiboxers and bots. Their thing is herbs.

I've seen one guy multi-accounting like 15 Druids at once in Bastion, all on different realms. You can see them all herbing one at a time, so he's just tabbing through each, herbing, & moving on. While it isn't against the rules & I'm definitely glad these people exist (because screw paying 1k for potions like in early Legion), it definitely is a bit mad to see

You can still have other accounts on at the same time. You just can't have automated programs moving them all from one character command.

Meaning... macros. A lot of them.

Follow, target, etc macros

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

I’m sure if we all work to together we can annoying them into oblivion.

Sounds like your engaging in an actionable activity. I think the kids call it griefing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

You can play exactly the same with hardware as you could with software but it takes more to setup.

I don't, but unless it's really obvious I don't look for it. I got shit I want to get done, following some dude around to see if they are cheating isn't a priority.

For its gotten to a point i start to drop that ocean trinket to mess with them,
    If you drop something that "messes with them" it's probably a bot and not a multiboxer. A multiboxer isn't going to click on something just because it's on the node, it's a player, he hopefully has functioning eyeballs and a brain.

* sidenote.
    lol rip
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Multiboxing isn't against the rules, so I'm not really sure why you're reporting them except out of spite.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Meaning... macros. A lot of them.

Follow, target, etc macros
    You can handle follow with this addon https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...o-follow-addon it will also let you send the command to them to mount various mounts.

You can also do follow with this addon https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/ema

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm not really sure why you're reporting them except out of spite.
    Some people don't understand the difference, like they legit just don't understand. Not everyone that plays wow is tech savvy, some people can barely get the game installed lol.
    My Collection

Anyone else noticed this increase of Multiboxing and almost no reaction of blizzard?
    Seriously, rarely seen on BFA to this extend. I don't really understand the increase in multiboxers due to hardware costs. But I guess there is a VM solution for it to perfectly imitate hardware inputs without noticing...

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Multiboxing isn't against the rules, so I'm not really sure why you're reporting them except out of spite.
    It is in terms of software. And hardware should be included, too! Tried farming widowbloom and I shit you not there were 3 groups of multiboxers (5+ chars each). No way to get herbs on my route. This shouldn't be allowed.