Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Multiboxing in shadowlands ( and its increase)

Hi you all,

I have a observation/question/remark.

Has anyone noticed that in shadowlands the amount of Multiboxers has gone up to the extreme. Yes you saw them in BFA and Legion. But i can not play a hour in the openworld right now without bumbing into 1 or 2 of them. Is it me or are there more and more of them? And they have become very blasant. I just saw 1 in the portal room in SW. Like standing on the spot you get teleported to when you take the portal to SW. like 8 accounts with the almost same name, same type of boosted gear and all moved at the same time :S.

Most of the time i used to ignore them. But i have lost out on so much mats that i have started to report them.
    But that seems to not really work. I have seen a guy i reported 2 or maybe 3 times already and still playing.
    I have without exageration....reported around 10 to 15 off them. in the last week, week and a half. So far i have gotten 3 mails from blizzard saying thanks for the info of the cheating etc etc.
    I even comment in the report that i have screenshots etc of it all.

Yet it seems blizzard does not care about it?!?

Anyone else noticed this increase of Multiboxing and almost no reaction of blizzard?

I barely see any of them in SL. On top of my head, I have seen one, three druids. I guess moving 10 manually is tedious

I can't say that I really see many anymore, and with the reduction in flight points, and no flight whistle, I'm riding around zones a lot more than I used to, but only see single players, or maybe a pair using the vial mount.

are you sure its not bots?

i believe multiboxing is now banned if you use a program to do it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I see them occasionally, but no where near as prevalent as BFA. I also have yet to come across more than a pair, no five druid trains moving across the landscape.

I spent some time farming widowbloom, there were always 4-6 pack of druid running up and down all the time. Most of them were obviosly bots too.

I don't know how to feel about them. On one hand i don't have to farm anymore, widowbloom price went from 80g to 15g and i can afford to spam agi potions. On the other hand i can't farm gold anymore

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Anyone else noticed this increase of Multiboxing and almost no reaction of blizzard?
    No, what I did notice was the decrease in Multiboxing due to Blizzard reacting by banning key broadcasting.

My server cluster is small and it's usually full of bots and farmers from other servers due to the timezone differences, but comparing Shadowlands to Nazjatar I see way less multiboxers. Hell I even reported some and got that automated letter

They're all over the place, farming herbs in packs of druids.

I've reported loads of them. Absolutely no response from Blizzard. They don't care.

Edit: Finally got a message saying they'd taken action against one of them. Woo!
    Last edited by Blackmist; 2021-01-28 at 09:36 PM.

I've seen skinning bots, but I haven't seen any multiboxers in SL. Furthermore, multiboxing is fine (according to the TOS) as long as they're not programmatically sending the same input to different clients. If they're mechanically doing it (e.g. have six numpads next to each other with a ruler setup to all hit the same key at the same time), then it's technically permitted. Most of the people I know who multibox (usually with only two accounts) just alt+tab and have one of them put the other on follow, but even then I've never come across them doing it in the world; I've only heard them describe how they operate now.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Most of the time i used to ignore them. But i have lost out on so much mats that i have started to report them. But that seems to not really work. I have seen a guy i reported 2 or maybe 3 times already and still playing.
    I have without exageration....reported around 10 to 15 off them. in the last week, week and a half. So far i have gotten 3 mails from blizzard saying thanks for the info of the cheating etc etc.
    I even comment in the report that i have screenshots etc of it all.

Yet it seems blizzard does not care about it?!?

If Blizz doesn't do anything they may not be doing anything wrong, you realize Multiboxing isn't against the rules right?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I haven't seen any and that was definitely NOT the case in Legion or BFA. I don't do a lot of farming, so maybe I just wouldn't run into them. But I didn't do a lot of farming in previous expansions and I saw them then.

I've seen far less, and the one I saw and reported for blatantly using key duplication software I got the "thanks for reporting, we took some action" mail in game and never saw him again. I didn't report the others because I didn't actually see them do anything but follow each other around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

3+ Year Old Account
    I've seen far less, especially comparing to Nazjatar.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

I see an absolute ton of MBs and bots in the Burning Thicket area in Maldraxxus (bottom left corner of zone)... least 50+ druids there skinning and herding in my current shard.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience, I've seen worse multiboxing and botting in Battle For Azeroth than Shadowlands. Though, we still see them around but less. Just report and hope they'll go in the ban-wave pile.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I see a ton more obvious bots. Especially skinning bots. All of them obviously foolkin druids that just stand around near yellow mobs and kill them instantly, but only skin the ones landing right next to them.

I see some multibox scum every now and then, but most seem to have ceased their operation.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I've seen far less, and the one I saw and reported for blatantly using key duplication software I got the "thanks for reporting, we took some action" mail in game and never saw him again. I didn't report the others because I didn't actually see them do anything but follow each other around.
    I think a lot of people haven't gotten the memo that Multiboxing is still perfectly legal, just key duplication being actionable.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you shouldn't have seen any decrease in botting. Botters are botters they don't care if they get banned, the only people bunished by the multiboxing rule change were legit players that had been playing within the rules for years.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

You are allowed to play more then one character at once, you will be able to tell if they are key cloning because they will zip around performing their tasks with inhuman speed.

If someone has 5 windows of wow running and is clicking between each one, then that is allowed.

Hardware boxing is also allowed but I doubt people would want to invest based on the risk of Blizz pouring petrol on it

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    If Blizz doesn't do anything they may not be doing anything wrong, you realize Multiboxing isn't against the rules right?
    But using software to do it is. And when you see several accounts doing the same thing with little to no effort its kinda clear something more then x amount of mice is in play.

You can play several accounts at once.

But when you use software to automate it , it is ban worthy. And if you and 8 other druids with the same name farm 1 note ( herb/mine) at the same time without any delay . while 1 account is leading them and the rest is following them. Its a ban .