Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yes, I see them a lot. Already got two letters from blizz "thanks for the cooperation" for reporting them.
    They deystroing the herb market for simple pick along the way players.
    Yesterday i vent to AH post some hers and there were 16k and 12k stacks of widowsbloom posted by 5 players!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup. It started to be crazy in BFA in my opinion. Since then I have seen a lot of bots and market prices went down like crazy. At least you can report them now if they seem to be casting stuff at the exact same time, but they will just create more accounts as there's so much profit coming from it.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

It's quite simple, they removed the "5 players only per node" restriction on ressources (as this was highly annoying for legit players) they introduced in early Legion, but made multiboxing illegal. So now everyone can loot a node in the 30s after the first player gets on it.

But since this change made multiboxing even more lucrative (I've seen a ten druid train with one player sitting on each druid) it's currently exploited as hell, easily earning the money for the subscriptions by the gold they sell to goldsellers. There will be a ban wave coming soon that identifies those players via technical means (in-game player reports don't matter at all), banning them, but they won't be able to take the gold out of the economy because there is no way to track it once it get spent into the common economy by the gold buyers.

So we can either expect they are going to reintroduce a player cap on ressource nodes, or they can rely on detecting multiboxers (those using software against the EULA). I fear it's going to be the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It's quite simple, they removed the "5 players only per node" restriction on ressources (as this was highly annoying for legit players) they introduced in early Legion, but made multiboxing illegal. So now everyone can loot a node in the 30s after the first player gets on it.

But since this change made multiboxing even more lucrative (I've seen a ten druid train with one player sitting on each druid) it's currently exploited as hell, easily earning the money for the subscriptions by the gold they sell to goldsellers. There will be a ban wave coming soon that identifies those players via technical means (in-game player reports don't matter at all), banning them, but they won't be able to take the gold out of the economy because there is no way to track it once it get spent into the common economy by the gold buyers.

So we can either expect they are going to reintroduce a player cap on ressource nodes, or they can rely on detecting multiboxers (those using software against the EULA). I fear it's going to be the first.
    The herb gatherers which most multiboxers are, inflate the herb market. The gold that they sell to others already existed in the market. It's mostly botters who add excessive gold to the economy by farming stuff that they sell to vendors. Herb gatherers are not necessarily a bad thing because they make herbs/crafts cheaper for other players who don't rely on this market to make gold, of course everything is connected so if herb farmers have less spending power then the other markets will be affected by it and all the prices will drop which will make it even harder to compete with gold buyers. Gold inflation can raise the prices on some ah markets but I don't think herb gatherers are responsible for it, they take your gold and give it to someone else. The token is way too cheap which is an indication that gold is not inflated at this point or it could also mean that people buy gametime from other cheaper sources so it has a lot of competition.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2021-01-29 at 12:38 PM.

I don't think I've seen a single multi-boxer since the start of SL. Certainly not to the extent that I did in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Not really. I occasionally do see 5 druids when I harvest a node...but it is in no way excessive or different to any other x-pac.
    okay its just me then. maybe the server sharing etc. because i can not play a single hour without seeing atleast 1 or 2 druid trains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    If by Multiboxing you mean 5-10 toons all following and repeating actions I'd say I see very very little of it. Our server cluster had one guy doing it, but after the ban I haven't seen him around

If you are calling the 2-3 toons botting "multiboxers", ie the leather farming spots, I see tons of it daily. But I'm 99% sure they are not software multiboxing, but software botting. I report all that I see and get Blizzard replies claiming I made a difference.
    Must be server sharing.
    And nope, 2 to 3 i do not care about. they can not farm stuff empty etc. I am talking about 6, 8+ type of groups. Groups that are with hardware only very hard to do ( not impossible etc).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    tbh you cannot know if someone was banned or not unless you get a mail from blizz
    Unless a random person whispers me that i caused a "friend" ( or his main account) banned. Because in his words: i was the only targeting him.

So would be weird if a random person ingame whisped me that i caused a ban of a specific account he knows. Who knew the name of the hero i reported and the time :S.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Your experiences are, well, your own. Some might share your experiences, others it appears do not.

- - - Updated - - -

1) They aren't going to know it was you, and 2) bans dont happen that fast. So I'm going to call BS on this.
    Yes, that is why i am asking this on the forum. Because i wanted to know if its just me. And by the responses so far. It seems that my server and severs it is connected with. Have a higher amount of multiboxxers.

1.) if i was the only one following that account and target all the accounts/hero's in that train . He could argue it was me. But yeah i might not be the reporter that caused his ban. But i did report him ( or his "friend" acount).

2.) was the 2nd time i reported him him. Like i said. Some of them i reported. Sorry if i did not make that clear in that post. ( have said it in other responses). Right now for instance there is a druid who is most likely ( not sure ) doing software multiboxxing with same name on the same account of someone i reported 2 weeks ago.

But like i said to a other person in this thread. It might be that i was the 3th or 11th person to report him. But i was so stupid to follow him and report each of his alts. ( was pissed at him. needed rarer mats and he keept nipping them away from me)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Then report them and move on.. you dont really need a pat on the back and an attaboy from us do you?
    Nope,

And you clearly did not read my thread starting post. I was just wondering if i am being silly/seeing things. And several people have already said its not that bad on their severs. Meaning the anwser to my question is: Nope, it has to do with the server you are on and other severs it is connected with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This....why are people reporting Multiboxers. Stop.

I've always hated Multiboxers, but it's not against the rules. It's best that the report system isn't filled with shit reports.

Blizzard can already detect when a user is doing this. A report isn't necessary.
    Nope, there is also a new piece of software etc they use that might change it. They just took down/took action against a whole new group of sites.

And you are also wrong. Multiboxxing is okay if you use hardware only things. If you use software its still against the rules. And seeing they just took down some sites. The software is still used.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...cing-toolkits/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sefer View Post
    Seriously, rarely seen on BFA to this extend. I don't really understand the increase in multiboxers due to hardware costs. But I guess there is a VM solution for it to perfectly imitate hardware inputs without noticing...

Yup their must be a trick to not overload their systems. But i am not going completly crazy to see a increase. thank god :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Multiboxing isn't against the rules, so I'm not really sure why you're reporting them except out of spite.
    because they nip herbs etc away i want to mine.

And when you use software it is against the rules....

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...cing-toolkits/

We need more multiboxers. Prices for herbs and other mats are still high AF!

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    You can play exactly the same with hardware as you could with software but it takes more to setup.
    I know. but certain things give it away ( with bad software).

I don't, but unless it's really obvious I don't look for it. I got shit I want to get done, following some dude around to see if they are cheating isn't a priority.
    I do not look for it.For some reason everyone thinks i want a pat on the back or something. Or that i am hunting them. Nope i just come across a shit ton of them. But like someone said. It might have to do with my server and the other server its connected to. And you do not need to follow them around if they run past you with a train of druids instant mining a herb/ore .

If you drop something that "messes with them" it's probably a bot and not a multiboxer. A multiboxer isn't going to click on something just because it's on the node, it's a player, he hopefully has functioning eyeballs and a brain.
    If the person is using software it will mess with them. And its still a multiboxxer then. it uses multiple accounts?!?
    A player indeed will not click it. But most of the time those are not whole trains. And i just ignore them.

Because i keep missing nodes of herbs. They have become a thing i can live with. To a thing i think needs to be banned/acted on more.
    Yeah, or they need to change the node system. But it ruinds the AH market, but for me the most annoying thing is that i miss out of a lot of herbs/ores and need to spent way more time farming.
    Like if multiboxxers do this in old content raids etc i would not care 1 bit.

lol rip
    Yup and the fact he got banned means he was doing something against ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    didnt blizzard recently(within the last few months) ban multiboxing using a bot like program?
    As I said, the software used to automate actions across x other accounts by means of 1 keystroke, is against the rules.

They didn't ban multiboxing.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    If the person is using software it will mess with them. And its still a multiboxxer then. it uses multiple accounts?!?
    A player indeed will not click it.
    A person running bot software on multiple accounts isn't a multiboxxer because he isn't playing his accounts, he's a botter.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

And you are also wrong. Multiboxxing is okay if you use hardware only things. If you use software its still against the rules. And seeing they just took down some sites. The software is still used.
    Incorrect. Multiboxing is never against the rules. Only the software. There's a big difference between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only come across one so far the whole expansion that I reported and got mail about action taken a few days later so Blizzard is actively trying to combat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Only come across one so far the whole expansion that I reported and got mail about action taken a few days later so Blizzard is actively trying to combat them.
    Then they were doing something alongside multiboxing that wasn't within the rules, they didn't get actioned for multiboxing since Blizz's own support article says they are fine with it.

source: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

No one has ever been actioned for multiboxing, they might get actioned for shit they do while multiboxing but not specifically for multiboxing.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    It was awful today, I was at the beginning of Bastion. All I can see was MB / bots. EVERYWHERE

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    As I said, the software used to automate actions across x other accounts by means of 1 keystroke, is against the rules.

They didn't ban multiboxing.
    They banned a form of it
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

multiboxers? not really. i've seen the occasional former multiboxer have a druid carrying another guy with another druid and guy on follow. i've seen a ton more bots than multiboxers.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Incorrect. Multiboxing is never against the rules. Only the software. There's a big difference between the two.
    multiboxxing using software is. A sum of its parts.

You are saying multiboxing is never against the rules even with external software.

And did you not read what i wrote...i think you did not
    Multiboxxing is okay if you use hardware only things.
    i said this in the text you wrote.

- - - Updated - - -

A person running bot software on multiple accounts isn't a multiboxxer because he isn't playing his accounts, he's a botter.
    Yeah and we can all see who is behind the wheel a bot or player. Sometimes the behavior is very close. So hench the term multixboxxer.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Multiboxing

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Multiboxin...le%20character.

did not make the rules. those are the terms use for the practice.

did not make the rules. those are the terms use for the practice.
    Gotcha, I don't make the rules either but Blizz does.

Multiboxing, in regards to World of Warcraft, as defined by Blizzard is playing multiple accounts at once. If you aren't playing those accounts and they are performing actions then you aren't multiboxing you're botting.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    They banned a form of it
    ... What exactly are you arguing here?
    Multiboxing is not against the rules. Using software to automate the process of keystrokes and of course, botting, is. I'm not sure what it is you people are trying to prove here.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotcha, I don't make the rules either but Blizz does.

Multiboxing, in regards to World of Warcraft, as defined by Blizzard is playing multiple accounts at once. If you aren't playing those accounts and they are performing actions then you aren't multiboxing you're botting.
    Exactly.

They didn't "ban a form of multiboxing", they banned the use of certain tools in relation with multiboxing.
    Multiboxing is a factual phenomenon, nothing subjective about it.

Gonna save this thread to link quickly whenever people fail to be informed on what multiboxing is and what it is not in the future.

multiboxxing using software is. A sum of its parts.
    Wrong. WoW is software. Multiboxing without software is functionally impossible.

They banned certain programs that were previously commonly used by multiboxers. They did not ban multiboxing.

You are saying multiboxing is never against the rules even with external software.
    No, i didn't. I said multiboxing is never against the rules. Using certain external software may be against the rules, but using external software is not multiboxing.

Multiboxing exclusively refers to the practice of playing the game with multiple characters concurrently. It does not refer to any tools used to do this.

Playing, in this context, also refers specificially to a person controlling the characters. Botting isn't playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They didn't "ban a form of multiboxing", they banned the use of certain tools in relation with multiboxing.
    Multiboxing is a factual phenomenon, nothing subjective about it.
    Even that is somewhat incorrect. They banned those tools regardless of context. They did not change the rules on multiboxing in particular.