Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    There is a difference between simplifying something and an addon that "optimize" the thing you're supposed to take care of yourself, which is also an addon that will calculate success chances and stuff. Simplifying is e.g. selling all greys to vendor at once instead of spam clicking (as colleague mentioned under you). But this is borderline bot-y, yes.
    You are also supposed to sell grays yourself. What kind of nonsense is this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    The problem with the Maldraxxus slime pool thing is that they made a weekly quest and a world quest tied to doing it. The people doing those quests are going to want to do the fastest thing to finish it, which is reds. They should've had the quest pool and the slime-spawning pool be two different things, so it wouldn't mess up the mixture for the people wanting to farm the rares. I say this as someone who has only ever done the fastest thing to finish the quest and never cared about farming the rare there. I feel for them, but at the same time I'm not going to go out of my way for it.
    The problem is that people are assholes who don't give one shit about other people. I've tried many times to get some of the rarer rares for the achievements, and if I ever ask someone not to throw in more red the typical response is "F*** you I have a WQ to do!" If I respond that there's stuff besides red they could throw in instead I just get more profanity. I've even had people deliberately mess up potions and call people in general to come and mess up potions and they'd stay around for HOURS no joking. Eventually ended up with a bigger raid of trolls than raid of people actually trying to do the rares. And the astonishing thing is these people claim to have the moral high ground, that we don't have the right to ask them to inconvenience themselves because we're trying to accomplish something.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The problem is that people are assholes who don't give one shit about other people. I've tried many times to get some of the rarer rares for the achievements, and if I ever ask someone not to throw in more red the typical response is "F*** you I have a WQ to do!" If I respond that there's stuff besides red they could throw in instead I just get more profanity. I've even had people deliberately mess up potions and call people in general to come and mess up potions and they'd stay around for HOURS no joking. Eventually ended up with a bigger raid of trolls than raid of people actually trying to do the rares. And the astonishing thing is these people claim to have the moral high ground, that we don't have the right to ask them to inconvenience themselves because we're trying to accomplish something.
    yea ppls are dicks but you can just look for group that is doing it on other shard its not as we have one server to play around :P
    How stupid they have to be to spent time on something like this in current times

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Oh.. is that the one where there's always an exclamation point on my mini map that I ignore? Well I'm glad the quest sounds like a disaster so I'm not missing much.
    weird flex, but ok.

Not talking about the dicks who do it on purpose, but I found that people actually act like dicks after being abused by rare farmers there "Omg, wtf noob don't put it in ffs" which can really happen by accident because you know... doing world quests is not the most interesting activity and you can loose focus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    What reduction of bots are they talking about? I see druid bot trains farming herbs in circles in a group all the time. Just yesterday saw (and reported whoever I could click first before they disappear) 2 bot trains within a minute apart.
    But it dropped the prices for pots and flasks! Can we keep them?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Are we really comparing botting to autovendor greys?

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Not talking about the dicks who do it on purpose, but I found that people actually act like dicks after being abused by rare farmers there "Omg, wtf noob don't put it in ffs" which can really happen by accident because you know... doing world quests is not the most interesting activity and you can loose focus.

- - - Updated - - -

But it dropped the prices for pots and flasks! Can we keep them?
    So your response to being cussed out is not "Sorry, bro, I wasn't paying attention. My bad. Sorry for wasting your time and the time of the 15-20 other people who were working on that rare." It's to lash out with more hostility while claiming moral high ground? It's normal to be embarrassed when you fuck up cause you're not paying attention. But lashing out doesn't help. Besides, this far into the expansion you should know what the pool is for, and check what the setup is before you even kill a single mob. Being a mindless drone is never good.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

So your response to being cussed out is not "Sorry, bro, I wasn't paying attention. My bad. Sorry for wasting your time and the time of the 15-20 other people who were working on that rare." It's to lash out with more hostility while claiming moral high ground? It's normal to be embarrassed when you fuck up cause you're not paying attention. But lashing out doesn't help. Besides, this far into the expansion you should know what the pool is for, and check what the setup is before you even kill a single mob. Being a mindless drone is never good.
    What I said that if I don't pay attention and someone instead of being reasonable starts talking shit to me, I won't give a crap on what his goals are. If someone is considerate and just asks not to take some of slimes in - that's cool, but what usually happens is that someone from the rare farmer group starts calling people idiots, what do you expect after that?
    Being phased out while doing WQs is perfectly fine, I might be talking to my friends on DC or watching something and it has nothing to do with knowing or not knowing about something "at this point of expansion", which is by the way perfectly fine not to know about the slime pool either

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    What I said that if I don't pay attention and someone instead of being reasonable starts talking shit to me, I won't give a crap on what his goals are. If someone is considerate and just asks not to take some of slimes in - that's cool, but what usually happens is that someone from the rare farmer group starts calling people idiots, what do you expect after that?
    Being phased out while doing WQs is perfectly fine, I might be talking to my friends on DC or watching something and it has nothing to do with knowing or not knowing about something "at this point of expansion", which is by the way perfectly fine not to know about the slime pool either
    Then you still apologize for messing them up and ignore the vitriol. Hurling abuse back cause you're angry and embarrassed doesn't help. And I disagree. You shouldn't be phased out while doing this particular WQ, because you know that it has actual implications for other people. Imagine phasing out on your raid team while they're trying to do a glory of the raider achievement. Common courtesy, man. If you have people spamming /says at you as you're running to the pot and you don't bother to see what the other human being at the other computer is trying to tell you, that's on you.

Then you still apologize for messing them up and ignore the vitriol. Hurling abuse back cause you're angry and embarrassed doesn't help. And I disagree. You shouldn't be phased out while doing this particular WQ, because you know that it has actual implications for other people. Imagine phasing out on your raid team while they're trying to do a glory of the raider achievement. Common courtesy, man. If you have people spamming /says at you as you're running to the pot and you don't bother to see what the other human being at the other computer is trying to tell you, that's on you.
    I won't apologize to anyone who is abusive over some minor stuff. If they were reasonable - sure, and I might even help them and I have done that. Embarrassed? What for? Primary objective for solo player - get 3 slimes into the puddle, secondary - get 30 of them, lvl3 - get specific combination in.

You can't compare solo WQ with a raid TEAM. Team has a goal, by phasing our you would be missing primary objective of YOUR team. Phasing out during that quest would only work if you accidentally put wrong slime in WHILE IN A TEAM formed for that particular rare camp. While you are on WQ alone, your goal is not to put particular slimes in, but any of them and get out.

Should such an addon be removed from the game ? It completely trivializes the mission table.

Instead of hesitating on harder missions, where you know it's gonna be a close call, now you'll just never think about anything.

WT allowed the development of many other tools that infringe Blizzard's terms of use
    that one was funny i mean, after all this thing was called ... er... easy independent platform toolbox, right? ^^

Kinda shocking they still don’t have an addon that fully automizes the missions for you like in Legion and BFA. I get they made the table more complex, but still.

It's great they want to make these interesting systems, but they really need to stop making it so if you know about and want to deal with addons the game is SIGNIFICANTLY easier. Meters are fine (a good tool to improve yourself) buff watchers too (just a larger version of what's already given to you) QoL like more action bars and moveable ones aren't that bad and almost pushing it (why can't they just add this to the baseline game!!) but the ones that just do things for you need to be gotten rid of.(Like automating the table, telling you when boss events are going to happen, auto selling trash, auto chatting boss events) They pretty much ruin this game for me, that and blizzard is just way too slow to fix glaring bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You can sell several greys at the same time with a macro, no need to click on every item if you don't want to.

Code:
    /run for bag=0,4 do for slot=1,GetContainerNumSlots(bag) do local texture,itemCount,locked,quality=GetContainerItemInfo(bag,slot) if (quality==0) then UseContainerItem(bag,slot) end end end

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You can sell several greys at the same time with a macro, no need to click on every item if you don't want to.

Code:
    /run for bag=0,4 do for slot=1,GetContainerNumSlots(bag) do local texture,itemCount,locked,quality=GetContainerItemInfo(bag,slot) if (quality==0) then UseContainerItem(bag,slot) end end end
    Bot scripts!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Are we really comparing botting to autovendor greys?
    Are we really comparing botting to an addon using API that Blizz themselves wrote?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Never had anyone complain about wrong slimes there (maybe because I did that quest only couple times), but if someone started calling me names, I might just donate bit of my time to them and fuck it couple of times out of spite.

I can't even do a single compain anymore

The question is: is this new addon better than Venture Plan? Did someone test or compared?

Guys guys guys, this addon doesn't work in mobile devices, where you should be playing table missions. So it's fine.