Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    If you lose some bgs its not always your fault

If you lose every bg, its you

It’s time to hang up the mantle of ‘god pvper’ and move to a game that revolves around it such as LoL, or Overwatch

I would have more to agree with if merc mode didnt exist but it does so..?

If you really think a faction is better than the other: swap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The racials problem is a historic one. Horde USED to have the better racials in the past, and that prompted a migration towards Horde for top-end players that eventually spiraled out of control. When Blizzard reacted, it was too late.
    When Blizzard gave humans Every Man For Himself the swing for both PvE and PvP went vastly to the Alliance side. The number of humans and Night Elves (resto druids mainly for Shadowmeld since only NEs could be druids at that point and even when Worgen were added NEs were chosen for Shadowmeld instead) in high ranks in PvP was astonishing. Those two races were splattered all over the top 100 boards during WOTLK when EMFH was added to the game all the way through WOD. Your "reacted too late" comment was on nerfing EMFH not adding it to the game.

Now what's keeping people on Horde is practically exclusively the community, which includes all the advantages of a highly concentrated player pool and economy.
    Yeah this statement right here proves you started playing WoW pretty late because both highly ranked PvP players and PvE guilds did switch to Alliance even though Horde had higher number of players. What followed after these high ranked players faction changed was the community followed suit and faction changed to Alliance too. On the Horde side it was nearly impossible to find groups for arena or rated BGs or anything PvP related because a good portion of the players went to the Alliance.

The reason why top raiding guilds are NOT transferring to Alliance despite the better racials is purely the community problem
    Again your ignorance of high ranked players switching factions to Alliance is showing. Guilds have done exactly what you are saying they won't do. Guilds and high ranked PvP players HAVE faction changed to Alliance because they knew other players would do the same soon after they decided to. And sure enough, that's exactly what happened. A good portion of the players followed their "heroes" and faction changed to Alliance.

it has the better economy with more available consumables/materials/BoEs
    OK your ignorance is really shining bright there at the end. You do know that the economy is completely server wide right? The entire AH puts both Horde posts and Alliance posts for anyone to buy. It has been that way for many many years now. That's why you can see Horde-only items and Alliance-only items on the opposing faction in the AH. The only things sold that are faction restricted are direct player trades via opening the trade window or mailing something COD to another player. If you want to see proof for yourself, look at the AH on a Horde player for the Jellies (Thin Jelly, Rich Jelly, and Royal Jelly) which are items that only drop for Alliance players because its an item used as currency for an Alliance only NPC which leads to obtaining the Honeyback Harvester's Harness. Another way you can do it is putting some item that's not a stackable item (ie armor, weapon, mount, recipe of some sort) on the AH for max price and then going on the opposite faction and searching for that one item you placed for max price and you'll see not only the item but the name of the person who listed it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Again your ignorance of high ranked players switching factions to Alliance is showing. Guilds have done exactly what you are saying they won't do. Guilds and high ranked PvP players HAVE faction changed to Alliance because they knew other players would do the same soon after they decided to.
    The top guilds haven't. And this is not "my ignorance", this is what the people from those guilds have said, repeatedly, on video, both during the previous race and the most recent one.

Yeah this statement right here proves you started playing WoW pretty late because both highly ranked PvP players and PvE guilds did switch to Alliance even though Horde had higher number of players.
    Could you name a top-ranked guild that did? With the exception of Exorsus, as the Russian realms have a different faction ratio. No? Didn't think so.

I'm not even sure if I'm not being trolled here.

15+ Year Old Account
    The top guilds haven't. And this is not "my ignorance", this is what the people from those guilds have said, repeatedly, on video, both during the previous race and the most recent one.

Could you name a top-ranked guild that did? With the exception of Exorsus, as the Russian realms have a different faction ratio. No? Didn't think so.

I'm not even sure if I'm not being trolled here.
    "Did" as in past tense when the racial was OP....

"Did" as in past tense when the racial was OP....
    I'm not sure what the distant past has to do with it.

I literally said top guilds aren't transferring; that community is what's keeping guilds on Horde. How you can construe my consistent use of present tense to mean I'm talking about several years ago when everything was different I honestly cannot say.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what the distant past has to do with it.

I literally said top guilds aren't transferring; that community is what's keeping guilds on Horde. How you can construe my consistent use of present tense to mean I'm talking about several years ago when everything was different I honestly cannot say.
    I'm guessing you completely missed the point of nearly every comment I've made about how IN THE PAST when the human racial EMFH was completely OP that the player base went Alliance but since it was nerfed the Alliance can no longer rely on a single racial for holding their whole faction together.....as in PAST TENSE

I dunno, I usually carry the bg group so I never struggle

I'm guessing you completely missed the point of nearly every comment I've made about how IN THE PAST when the human racial EMFH was completely OP that the player base went Alliance but since it was nerfed the Alliance can no longer rely on a single racial for holding their whole faction together.....as in PAST TENSE
    That wasn't what I replied to, though.
    OK I get it that everyone says how Horde's racials are so OP for both PvE and PvP
    ^ That's what I replied to, the first sentence in your OP. And I explained how/why this isn't true. Nothing else. I don't care if there were some periods in the past where maybe some guilds transferred to Alliance or not; it stopped quite some time ago, and it's not the present situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    That wasn't what I replied to, though.

^ That's what I replied to, the first sentence in your OP. And I explained how/why this isn't true. Nothing else. I don't care if there were some periods in the past where maybe some guilds transferred to Alliance or not; it stopped quite some time ago, and it's not the present situation.
    Literally the last part of my first post.............

Something I noticed is that when EMFH got nerfed and is not as OP as it was for the two expansions, Alliance can't seem to win in battlegrounds. It is as if ONE single racial carried an entire faction in PvP and when the Alliance lost it, they couldn't win in PvP for anything.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes there have been countless posts about how OP the Horde's CURRENT racials are for both PvE and PvP and that its the reason why all the top arena/battleground players switched to Horde along with why nearly all of the top raiding guilds are now Horde as well. There's never been any debate on people's views of the CURRENT racials preferring the Horde. The point I was making is how bad the Alliance are with EMFH not being the I-win racial anymore that literally carried an entire faction for several expansions. The point I was making is the lack of intelligence with your average Alliance player when it comes to PvP situations like unrated PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    never seen WSG been used before, specialy bc Warsong Gulch was released with Classic and wintergrasp was released only in wotlk, doesn't make any sense that the older version has an extra letter it's like the kids that say DM is Dire Maul when it was always Deadmines
    Lol WSG was WSG in Vanilla and VC was Deadmines for most of Vanilla. Stop making things up.

To OP your anecdotal evidence isnt really quantifiable beyond being anecdotal.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2021-01-30 at 01:11 AM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Lol WSG was WSG in Vanilla and VC was Deadmines for most of Vanilla. Stop making things up.

To OP your anecdotal evidence isnt really quantifiable beyond being anecdotal.
    yikes man, not only are you wrong but saying VC is deadmines is even more cringe. Litearlly NO ONE calls a dungeon the name of the last boss, but for some reason now Deadmines (that came out BEFORE Dire Maul) is called Van Cleef? Stop being cringe bro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Wrong. DM is Dire Mail, Deadlines is VC and no one called Warsong Gulch WG. It is WSG. This comes from a player who doesn't lie about being there during Vanilla. I bet you call Vanilla Classic as well. /Smh

- - - Updated - - -

Uhhhh...
    The Disney faction is Horde. Most if their movies have the ugly peron turn beautiful. That's exactly what horde is. The ugly people who get blood elves and become beautiful.
    hehehe I knew someone would bring that up. Sorry to spoil your bubble mate, but I only used the word "classic" bc thats the "official" version of the oldest instalment of WoW, "vanilla" was what the community referred to it, now that the word "Classic" is around there's no sense in keeping using the term vanilla.
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

It heavily depends on time of the day
    if you Q when a lot of actual alliance players are playing (aka casuals and RPers) you mostly lose
    if you Q during off-hours like late at night when its mostly horde x horde, its 50-50 sometimes slightly favored towards alliance
    Epics is another story tho, it seems to always be 50-50

btw, alliance racials are still OP for PvP, just that people that pvp on alliance now mostly only do so on their alts since horde has more ppl to play with on at all times

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    yikes man, not only are you wrong but saying VC is deadmines is even more cringe. Litearlly NO ONE calls a dungeon the name of the last boss, but for some reason now Deadmines (that came out BEFORE Dire Maul) is called Van Cleef? Stop being cringe bro .
    Thats just the way it was. I started vanilla after DM came out and everyone called deadmines, VC when I was leveling

You dont even know warsong gultch has been know as wsg since its inception. Maybe you should chill lol

Honestly, mercs were the worst addition to the game in regards to fsction balance. It removed the only punishment you got from choosing the dominant side.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-01-30 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Honestly, mercs were the worst addition to the game. It removed the only punishment you got from choosing the dominant side.
    Tbh by now they can remove alliance from the game and there wouldn't be any difference, normal bgs are HvH, arenas are HvH, rbg are HvH, pve is all horde, only place where people play "alliance for the racials" is tournament realms like MDI or arena tournament where they can pick w/e race detached from their real characters, which are all Horde, unless they're Australian or Chinese. Alliance Hall of Fame is vast majority Australians and Chinese patch after patch, raid after raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Tbh by now they can remove alliance from the game and there wouldn't be any difference, normal bgs are HvH, arenas are HvH, rbg are HvH, pve is all horde, only place where people play "alliance for the racials" is tournament realms like MDI or arena tournament where they can pick w/e race detached from their real characters, which are all Horde, unless they're Australian or Chinese. Alliance Hall of Fame is vast majority Australians and Chinese patch after patch, raid after raid.
    Yeah. Especially since the only reason Horde and Alliance are different factions is PvP. And merc mode makes that concept obsolete.

People join random battegrounds and fight in middle/ignore objectives since the dawn of WoW...

Some stuff never changes and it will never change and it has nothing to do with factions. People just want to smash their buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I farmed over 100k honor in the last weeks across my toons (only queueing epic BGs) and cannot confirm that. Usually I queue as mercenary (actually I play horde, but 1 minute waiting times against 10 are obviously worth it), but when I do dailies I also queue as horde.
    The win ratio in epic bgs seems to be roughly 50:50, and I've had retarded actions on both sides. Yesterday we lost WG def as horde, I wasn't sure that this was even possible.

No idea about normal BGs, though.

Btw, fun fact, usually half the players are actually playing in mercenary mode (you can check by sharing horde only quests, like kill tremblade in ashram - you will see who is not eligible (they are actual alliance)), so faction imbalance matters even less.
    I moved to horde at start of this xpac and have yet to lose an epic bg.... There was a wintergrasp where we were the attacking team that I left because we were getting nowhere and probably would have lost. It feels like it's just far easier to win in wintergrasp defending than attacking.

Only a small sample size but i've done around 10 epic bgs and won 9.... and then there was that 1 WG I mentioned that I left that we were probably going to lose.

If there is a faction skill imbalance my theory is that it's because people who are sick of losing as alliance and transfer are the sort of people who actually care more about winning. Leaving more of the people who just give up straight away on alliance.

Europe

I leveled from 50 to 55 in random BGs as Alliance and won almost every game

A friend of mine tried the same but he is Horde...
    He lost every game by a long shot.
    He decided to use mercenary mode...and won almost every game as Alliance

so...something fishy is going on while leveling
    Max level is still a 50-50 in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    yeah that's because good pvp players don't do random BGs

Oh yeah I forgot most "good" pvpers just do arenas and play w/e is OP XD