View Poll Results: Should they be labeled as a terrorist organization?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • No [I'm Conservative]

    8 13.33%
  • Yes [I'm Liberal]

    33 55.00%
  • Yes [I'm Conservative]

    2 3.33%
  • No [I'm Liberal]

    17 28.33%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They are... Q, Trump and GOP leadership are their leaders. They literally hold government positions and push their leader as king.
    The GOP hold government positions and pushed their leader as king. They also have a lot of really poisonous ideas like government deregulation, unfettered gun use, tax cuts for the rich and outlawing abortion. Arguably the GOP should be labelled as a terrorist organization because they’re an organization with a lot of shitty ideas. Q isn’t even the worst among them.

  2. #22
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    this is a bad take. Everyone can be grifted. being stupid isnt how radicalization works.
    Less stupid, more narcissist.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  3. #23
    They're not terrorists, they're gullible morons who can be conned into believing anything.

    Some of them are terrorists, but that's them as individuals and small groups.

    Either way, they are all a fucking cancer on humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  4. #24
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The GOP hold government positions and pushed their leader as king. They also have a lot of really poisonous ideas like government deregulation, unfettered gun use, tax cuts for the rich and outlawing abortion. Arguably the GOP should be labelled as a terrorist organization because they’re an organization with a lot of shitty ideas. Q isn’t even the worst among them.
    That’s great... I didn’t say they were the worst...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    They're not terrorists, they're gullible morons who can be conned into believing anything.

    Some of them are terrorists, but that's them as individuals and small groups.

    Either way, they are all a fucking cancer on humanity.
    You can say the exact thing about terrorist... they fact that QAnon grievances are imagined, doesn’t make them that different.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s great... I didn’t say they were the worst...

    - - - Updated - - -



    You can say the exact thing about terrorist... they fact that QAnon grievances are imagined, doesn’t make them that different.
    Well, some of them are terrorists.

    The issue is that a simple conspiracy theory isn't terrorism, how those dipshits react to those conspiracy theories can be. If they decide to shoot up a pizza place, or storm the Capitol as a result of their ignorance, they are terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Less stupid, more narcissist.
    tfw making sarin for aum 'god im so stupid'

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s great... I didn’t say they were the worst...
    The point is Q is just a bad idea but it’s not really organized. The NRA, for example, is a bad idea and has an organization built around that idea.

    Now if an NQA were to appear then that’s where we need to start worrying.

  8. #28
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, some of them are terrorists.

    The issue is that a simple conspiracy theory isn't terrorism, how those dipshits react to those conspiracy theories can be. If they decide to shoot up a pizza place, or storm the Capitol as a result of their ignorance, they are terrorists.
    That’s ‘no true Scotsman’... You say it’s the result of their ignorance, they say it’s due to an imperial government strangling their rights and murdering generations of their children.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The point is Q is just a bad idea but it’s not really organized. The NRA, for example, is a bad idea and has an organization built around that idea.

    Now if an NQA were to appear then that’s where we need to start worrying.
    They are organized by Q and Trump is literally the king they want... Q are individuals that are leading the movement, it’s not just an idea.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The point is Q is just a bad idea but it’s not really organized. The NRA, for example, is a bad idea and has an organization built around that idea.

    Now if an NQA were to appear then that’s where we need to start worrying.
    if you read the fbis threat assessment about Q they are worried about an underground forming in which people attack targets and then go underground with other friendly members somewhere else in the country. kind of like the weathermen.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Which sites are those?
    Let's just call them the free folk and not get hung up details.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's a threat, but not so much to the country as to people.

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/anothe...napped-her-kid

    Because they keep losing custody of their children and kidnapping them. And threatening locals. It doesn't rise to the level of criminal terrorism on a group level, but on an individual level these people remain deeply unstable and a potential threat.
    I don't disagree I just don't think the measures need to control these types of idoits are worth the overall pain it would cause.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Let's just call them the free folk and not get hung up details.
    Naw dog, what sites? You always come in with some vague references to something and never really seem to actually provide any evidence.

    Put up or shut up, yaknow?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s ‘no true Scotsman’... You say it’s the result of their ignorance, they say it’s due to an imperial government strangling their rights and murdering generations of their children.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They are organized by Q and Trump is literally the king they want... Q are individuals that are leading the movement, it’s not just an idea.
    The issue is that it's also not an organization.

    Terrorism has a pretty specific definition, and it's not a terrorist organization. It's just a group of ignorant fucktards, some of whom are terrorists.

    Would it break my hear if they were classified as one? Nope. Then again, it wouldn't break my heart if Antifa was also classified as one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I don't disagree I just don't think the measures need to control these types of idoits are worth the overall pain it would cause.
    What pain would it cause, specifically? What kind of measures are you thinking of?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What pain would it cause, specifically? What kind of measures are you thinking of?
    To crack down on these idoits would require more restriction in speech would it not? At least I can't convince of a way it wouldn't.

    I just wanna be free... that isn't so much to ask is it?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    if you read the fbis threat assessment about Q they are worried about an underground forming in which people attack targets and then go underground with other friendly members somewhere else in the country. kind of like the weathermen.
    Yeah but they're not a terrorist organization.

    It has certain individuals that are willing to commit terrorism but its honestly not any different than any number of other shitty ideas put forth by conservatives. Its the difference between being a racist shithead and a Klansman. The former is a person with a bad idea. The latter is a person with a bad idea that's part of a terrorist organization. Its worth monitoring individual Q activity but that's technically outside of the scope of the thread.

    If you want to start a thread where we outlaw bad ideas, go for it. I'm tempted to agree with it. Germany has pretty much outlawed Nazism for example.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    To crack down on these idoits would require more restriction in speech would it not? At least I can't convince of a way it wouldn't.

    I just wanna be free... that isn't so much to ask is it?
    Not at all, people can exercise their First Amendment rights, and refuse to do business with them. They can refuse to platform them.

    You also never provided what the other poster asked for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Not at all, people can exercise their First Amendment rights, and refuse to do business with them. They can refuse to platform them.

    You also never provided what the other poster asked for.
    I also am not planning to. I don't have faith that it wont instantly be used as an excuse to remove me for a period of time. I mean the last time was pointing out that Africa had a slave trade.

    I'm willing to chim in but I've abandoned the notion of a balance and a tempered view. If your gonna play word games people will play word games.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    To crack down on these idoits would require more restriction in speech would it not? At least I can't convince of a way it wouldn't.

    I just wanna be free... that isn't so much to ask is it?
    In what ways would speech be restricted? How would you be "less free"?

  19. #39
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,172
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    this is a bad take. Everyone can be grifted. being stupid isnt how radicalization works.
    This is overly reductive. Everyone can be grifted, but this particular kind of grift only works on the already-willfully-stupid. We're not talking about someone falling for a very complex and detailed con artist who's done a wealth of research on their target.

    And comparing radicalization to a grift, itself, is not really fair. In particular, radicalization requires the target to on-board themselves. It is not something done to you; it's an opportunity you might be given, but you're still the one who chooses to take it up. And most often, because you seek it out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    To crack down on these idoits would require more restriction in speech would it not? At least I can't convince of a way it wouldn't.
    Death threats are already not protected speech.

    I just wanna be free... that isn't so much to ask is it?
    When your desire to "be free" comes at the expense of the freedoms of others, yes. Way too fuckin' much to ask.


  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I also am not planning to. I don't have faith that it wont instantly be used as an excuse to remove me for a period of time. I mean the last time was pointing out that Africa had a slave trade.

    I'm willing to chim in but I've abandoned the notion of a balance and a tempered view. If your gonna play word games people will play word games.
    Great,I accept your full retraction!

    You seem to be opposing the First Amendment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •