View Poll Results: Should they be labeled as a terrorist organization?

Voters
60. This poll is closed
  • No [I'm Conservative]

8 13.33%
  • Yes [I'm Liberal]

33 55.00%
  • Yes [I'm Conservative]

2 3.33%
  • No [I'm Liberal]

17 28.33%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They are... Q, Trump and GOP leadership are their leaders. They literally hold government positions and push their leader as king.
    The GOP hold government positions and pushed their leader as king. They also have a lot of really poisonous ideas like government deregulation, unfettered gun use, tax cuts for the rich and outlawing abortion. Arguably the GOP should be labelled as a terrorist organization because they’re an organization with a lot of shitty ideas. Q isn’t even the worst among them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    this is a bad take. Everyone can be grifted. being stupid isnt how radicalization works.
    Less stupid, more narcissist.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

They're not terrorists, they're gullible morons who can be conned into believing anything.

Some of them are terrorists, but that's them as individuals and small groups.

Either way, they are all a fucking cancer on humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The GOP hold government positions and pushed their leader as king. They also have a lot of really poisonous ideas like government deregulation, unfettered gun use, tax cuts for the rich and outlawing abortion. Arguably the GOP should be labelled as a terrorist organization because they’re an organization with a lot of shitty ideas. Q isn’t even the worst among them.
    That’s great... I didn’t say they were the worst...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    They're not terrorists, they're gullible morons who can be conned into believing anything.

Some of them are terrorists, but that's them as individuals and small groups.

Either way, they are all a fucking cancer on humanity.
    You can say the exact thing about terrorist... they fact that QAnon grievances are imagined, doesn’t make them that different.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

- - - Updated - - -

You can say the exact thing about terrorist... they fact that QAnon grievances are imagined, doesn’t make them that different.
    Well, some of them are terrorists.

The issue is that a simple conspiracy theory isn't terrorism, how those dipshits react to those conspiracy theories can be. If they decide to shoot up a pizza place, or storm the Capitol as a result of their ignorance, they are terrorists.

Less stupid, more narcissist.
    tfw making sarin for aum 'god im so stupid'

The point is Q is just a bad idea but it’s not really organized. The NRA, for example, is a bad idea and has an organization built around that idea.

Now if an NQA were to appear then that’s where we need to start worrying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, some of them are terrorists.

The issue is that a simple conspiracy theory isn't terrorism, how those dipshits react to those conspiracy theories can be. If they decide to shoot up a pizza place, or storm the Capitol as a result of their ignorance, they are terrorists.
    That’s ‘no true Scotsman’... You say it’s the result of their ignorance, they say it’s due to an imperial government strangling their rights and murdering generations of their children.

- - - Updated - - -

The point is Q is just a bad idea but it’s not really organized. The NRA, for example, is a bad idea and has an organization built around that idea.

They are organized by Q and Trump is literally the king they want... Q are individuals that are leading the movement, it’s not just an idea.

if you read the fbis threat assessment about Q they are worried about an underground forming in which people attack targets and then go underground with other friendly members somewhere else in the country. kind of like the weathermen.

Which sites are those?
    Let's just call them the free folk and not get hung up details.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's a threat, but not so much to the country as to people.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anothe...napped-her-kid

Because they keep losing custody of their children and kidnapping them. And threatening locals. It doesn't rise to the level of criminal terrorism on a group level, but on an individual level these people remain deeply unstable and a potential threat.
    I don't disagree I just don't think the measures need to control these types of idoits are worth the overall pain it would cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Let's just call them the free folk and not get hung up details.
    Naw dog, what sites? You always come in with some vague references to something and never really seem to actually provide any evidence.

Put up or shut up, yaknow?

That’s ‘no true Scotsman’... You say it’s the result of their ignorance, they say it’s due to an imperial government strangling their rights and murdering generations of their children.

- - - Updated - - -

They are organized by Q and Trump is literally the king they want... Q are individuals that are leading the movement, it’s not just an idea.
    The issue is that it's also not an organization.

Terrorism has a pretty specific definition, and it's not a terrorist organization. It's just a group of ignorant fucktards, some of whom are terrorists.

Would it break my hear if they were classified as one? Nope. Then again, it wouldn't break my heart if Antifa was also classified as one.

I don't disagree I just don't think the measures need to control these types of idoits are worth the overall pain it would cause.
    What pain would it cause, specifically? What kind of measures are you thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What pain would it cause, specifically? What kind of measures are you thinking of?
    To crack down on these idoits would require more restriction in speech would it not? At least I can't convince of a way it wouldn't.

I just wanna be free... that isn't so much to ask is it?

if you read the fbis threat assessment about Q they are worried about an underground forming in which people attack targets and then go underground with other friendly members somewhere else in the country. kind of like the weathermen.
    Yeah but they're not a terrorist organization.

It has certain individuals that are willing to commit terrorism but its honestly not any different than any number of other shitty ideas put forth by conservatives. Its the difference between being a racist shithead and a Klansman. The former is a person with a bad idea. The latter is a person with a bad idea that's part of a terrorist organization. Its worth monitoring individual Q activity but that's technically outside of the scope of the thread.

If you want to start a thread where we outlaw bad ideas, go for it. I'm tempted to agree with it. Germany has pretty much outlawed Nazism for example.

To crack down on these idoits would require more restriction in speech would it not? At least I can't convince of a way it wouldn't.

Not at all, people can exercise their First Amendment rights, and refuse to do business with them. They can refuse to platform them.

You also never provided what the other poster asked for.

Not at all, people can exercise their First Amendment rights, and refuse to do business with them. They can refuse to platform them.

You also never provided what the other poster asked for.
    I also am not planning to. I don't have faith that it wont instantly be used as an excuse to remove me for a period of time. I mean the last time was pointing out that Africa had a slave trade.

I'm willing to chim in but I've abandoned the notion of a balance and a tempered view. If your gonna play word games people will play word games.

In what ways would speech be restricted? How would you be "less free"?

10+ Year Old Account
    this is a bad take. Everyone can be grifted. being stupid isnt how radicalization works.
    This is overly reductive. Everyone can be grifted, but this particular kind of grift only works on the already-willfully-stupid. We're not talking about someone falling for a very complex and detailed con artist who's done a wealth of research on their target.

And comparing radicalization to a grift, itself, is not really fair. In particular, radicalization requires the target to on-board themselves. It is not something done to you; it's an opportunity you might be given, but you're still the one who chooses to take it up. And most often, because you seek it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Death threats are already not protected speech.

When your desire to "be free" comes at the expense of the freedoms of others, yes. Way too fuckin' much to ask.

I also am not planning to. I don't have faith that it wont instantly be used as an excuse to remove me for a period of time. I mean the last time was pointing out that Africa had a slave trade.

I'm willing to chim in but I've abandoned the notion of a balance and a tempered view. If your gonna play word games people will play word games.
    Great,I accept your full retraction!

You seem to be opposing the First Amendment.