Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[speculation ideas] Patch 9.1: "Wrath of Kel'thuzad"

Wrath of Kel'thuzad

As the Heroes from Azeroth reel from the battle against Denathrius and his foul machinations and settle on mending hte internal problems of their chosen covenant the Jailer's plan moves forward.
    From Torghast he has schemed to enact a plan that will finally leave him fully able to leave the Maw and enact his reign over the anima-starved realm of the Shadowlands.

Return to Maldraxxus and help the Undying army in their defense against the dread fortress Arthramas and its inhabitants.

Gain more Renown with your chosen covenant and earn further rewards, including a covenant specific mount and new soulbind abilities.

Delve into the dread fortress Arthramas and defeat the 11 new bosses.

Total War: Maldraxxus

A new covenant agnostic storyline. Aid the Undying Army with their war effort and explore the history of Maldraxxus and learn why Kel'thuzad and his master desperately wants what is hidden beneath the Theater of Pain.

More covenant specific quests

Kyrian: Aid the Kyrian in rebuilding from the devastation wrought by the Forsworn. The process of giving Kyrians the power of a Paragon is intricate and soaked in tradition, but who among the Ascended is worthy of the charge.

Venthyr: Aid The Venthyr in gaining the last Medallion from the Stonewright. Delve back into Castle Nathria and uncover the true extent of Denathrius' deception and his plans to aid the Jailer.

Night Fae: Search the Shadowlands for the previous Night Warriors. Secure Ardenweald and find the truth of how the Drust managed to cross the barrier between Thros and Ardenweald.

Necrolords: Gather allies and assemble your mighty army to take back the House of the Chosen from the treacherous Vyraz. Uncover the deepest held secrets of the Primus, and perhaps even a clue ot his disappearance.

Arthramas

The Dread Fortress Arthramas is among the mightiest of the Necropoli constructed in the Shadowlands. Built in Torghast by the Jailers finest craftsmen and helmed by the Grand Lich Kel'thuzad, the Jailer intends to conquer Maldraxxus by force, and at last find the Primus' secret hidden beneath the bone and ash.

Franken

Constructed in the Fracture Chambers by Stitchflesh's most devoted disciples Franken is a true monster beyond compare. Crafted as the ultimate weapon his stitched bosy is composed of only the finest parts gathered from across the Shadowlands.

The Chosen Few

The last remaining members of the House of the Chosen still loyal to Vyraz. Led by the ambitious barons Kerax and Artanis, the champions of Maldraxxus functions as the standing army of Arthramas, and will defend its halls with all they have.

The Great Mighty Slime

Baroness Tayesh was an ever industrious alchemist of the House of Plagues, and a particular master of the creation of slimes. Though killed in the explosion that destroyed her house her foremost creation still lingered.
    It cleans armor. It serves mixed drinks. It even sings. And if left to its own devices it will gladly consume the entirety of the Shadowlands.

Margrave Vyraz

Ambitious in life, death did nothing to quell Vyraz' urge for power.
    His skills earned him a place in the House of the Chosen. His tactical accumen made him a baron. And his skill at underhanded tricks made him Margrave.
    Now only the position of Primus lies between him and complete control over Maldraxxus, and with the power gifted him by the Jailer, Vyraz stands once more in the arena, ready to prove his might in combat once more.

Tracker Yorta

Among the foremost hunters in the Beastwarrens of the Maw, Yorta has grown tired of hunting mere lost souls. Hoping to track more spirited prey he gladly joined Arthramas on its mission of conquest.
    Mortal Souls are a rare treat for the Shadowlands, and Yorta intends to hone his skills before the inevitable conquest of the mortal plane.

First Ascendant Kelvanos

Once a Kyrian Aspirant, Kelvanos did not manage to part with his mortal burdens. Sent instead of Maldraxxus his feelings of inadequacy over having failed to earn his wings festered for eons.
    Now the Jailer has given him a new chance for wings, and with the skills he learned in Maldraxxus he is a perfect fit to lead the aerial forces of Arthramas into battle.

The Stalker

Among the first creatures to inhabit the mountain of what would once become Maldraxxus, the Stalker has spent eons in unending hunt.
    When Arthramas entered Maldraxxus it made the mistake of passing by its den. Now it stalks the darkened hallways of Arthramas, hoping to find a succulent meal.

The Dread Riders

Curated by the jailer since his imprisonment these four riders have spent eons training in preparation for leading the Jailers armies.

The Grand Necromancer

The entity known only as the Grand Necromancer has long been a closely guarded secret in the House of Rituals. Stolen by Kel'thuzad he intends ot use it to house the energies needed to free the Jailer from his prison.

The Endless Army

Long before the arbiter sent souls to Maldraxxus to create an army the defences of the Shadowlands was seen to by The Endless Army, a grand necormantic creation made by the Primus.
    Though ancient the powers contained within could potentially soothe the worst of the anima drought, or potentially break the chains of the Jailer.

Kel'thuzad

Defeated once before by the Heroes of Azeroth, the mighty Kel'thuzad has always wanted more power.
    But now that his plans are ruined he is left with but two choices. Defeat the opponents before him, or face the wrath of his new master.

(Mostly written for fun if that wasnt immediately obvious, and because this post would have taken too much space on a dedicated predictions forum)
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    (Mostly written for fun if that wasnt immediately obvious, and because this post would have taken too much space on a dedicated predictions forum)
    Really? It fit just fine for me lol.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...lthuzad/850565
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Really? It fit just fine for me lol.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...lthuzad/850565
    You know, I completely forgot about the actual forums. I was talking about the forums on MMO-champ here that discusses predictions.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    5/10 Too focused on one zone and a side NPC, a Maldraxxus raid should have Vyrax as the last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    5/10 Too focused on one zone and a side NPC, a Maldraxxus raid should have Vyrax as the last boss.
    Nathria was extremely focused on the Venthyr, I tried to at least have some variation in bosses and not just ones directly tired to the Maldraxxus aesthetic.

Kel'thuzad also works perfectly well as a final boss for Maldraxxus, and Vyraz can be the final boss of a specific wing of the raid so Necrolords get a properly climactic end to that plotline, not like we are likely to get anything with Vyraz outside a short questline anyways.

As long as the Venthyr campaign includes finding and freeing Garrosh from Castle Nathria, I'm take anything.

>Necropolis raid with Kel'thuzad as final boss

How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man?
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

Quote Originally Posted by Byne View Post
    >Necropolis raid with Kel'thuzad as final boss

How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man?
    I just love the young people.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

"Definitely Real"
    writes fanfic speculation

I was curious to read your thoughts, and then I read the ending. Next time you feel like writing speculation, please label it as speculation. Your thread really is clickbait.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

7+ Year Old Account
    I think you're giving Vyraz too much credit; he would be a dungeon boss at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    so you are definitely not telling the truth in your 'definitely real' title, is that correct?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    so you are definitely not telling the truth in your 'definitely real' title, is that correct?
    Well its a real hoax

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    I think you're giving Vyraz too much credit; he would be a dungeon boss at best.
    It's not about his power, he sits in a central position of the zone's story as a confirmed traitor and house leader. Kel'thuzad being a final raid boss seems too much like fan service even if it isn't, even in the covenant campaign Kel'thuzad only comes in towards the end. I'd rather see a druust raid set up as the next goal, they have a lot more build up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Well its a real hoax
    Excellent point.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I do wonder if each zone will get a full raid dedicated to them, seems Maldraxxus is a certainty, ardenweald not so much now but possible, Bastion super unlikely, though, imo that will be like the start of the maw raid or something (if anything ala Siege of Orgimmar stating in vale)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    I do wonder if each zone will get a full raid dedicated to them, seems Maldraxxus is a certainty, ardenweald not so much now but possible, Bastion super unlikely, though, imo that will be like the start of the maw raid or something (if anything ala Siege of Orgimmar stating in vale)
    Ardenweald has the drust as the center piece for a raid along with some world eaters and a gorn infestation. Maybe some followers of Muhzala thrown in for spice.

A kyrian raid could be centered on the Forsworn which would turn into a 3 way battle as the mawsworn invade.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    That is correct. I am using a lesser known technique known as blatant sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about his power, he sits in a central position of the zone's story as a confirmed traitor and house leader. Kel'thuzad being a final raid boss seems too much like fan service even if it isn't, even in the covenant campaign Kel'thuzad only comes in towards the end. I'd rather see a druust raid set up as the next goal, they have a lot more build up.
    Kel'thuzad is however a well known name that is fitting for a scourge nostalgia themed raid, whereas Vyraz is not given massive focus, and is indeed a bit villain in his own zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kel'thuzad is however a well known name that is fitting for a scourge nostalgia themed raid, whereas Vyraz is not given massive focus, and is indeed a bit villain in his own zone.
    But the zone story isn't about the Scourge, its about Maldraxxus so Kel'thuzad would need a massive story push to be a better fit as a final raid boss. A well known name should never be the main reason for a character becoming a raid's final boss.

But the zone story isn't about the Scourge, its about Maldraxxus so Kel'thuzad would need a massive story push to be a better fit as a final raid boss. A well known name should never be the main reason for a character becoming a raid's final boss.
    I would out it more on both Vyraz and Kel'thuzad being able to fit as final bosses in a raid.
    However Kel'thuzad has the ever important nostalgia factor, and since Maldraxxus is deliberately invoking scourge nostalgia it seems like the more likely choice if Blizzard wants to make a new raid that will deliberately or not be a WotLK nostalgia trip.

Besides, as I mentioned, Vyraz has already been pushed aside in favour of Kel'thuzad. Not to mention a lack of a unique model, which could (and indeed should) be remedied, but still shows a fundamental lack of interest from the developers to make him more than a bit villain compared to Kel'thuzad.