Can 2H Frost compare a little bit better to Unholy with the new buff

Thinking of playing Unholy because its king right now, but 2H Frost also holds a special place in my hart.

Is the difference between 2H Frost and Unholy really that big?

Im mostly gonna do pve i think.

Not gonna do mythic raiding (probaly not even Heroic) or M15 and higher

But i atleast would like to be considered for low key mythic + or any other content.

Also, is Necrolords the only viable option for Unholy/Frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Aranis View Post
    Thinking of playing Unholy because its king right now, but 2H Frost also holds a special place in my hart.

Is the difference between 2H Frost and Unholy really that big?

Im mostly gonna do pve i think.

Not gonna do mythic raiding (probaly not even Heroic) or M15 and higher

But i atleast would like to be considered for low key mythic + or any other content.

Also, is Necrolords the only viable option for Unholy/Frost?
    Frost is viable, but you cant catch up to unholy
    ''Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities'' ~Voltaire
    ''As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.'' ~Dickmann's Law
    ''No life is worth living if we can't be true to our nature'' ~Baine Bloodhoof

2H Frost isn't even better than DW Frost, let alone Unholy. Theoretically, Unholy scales best for DKs for infinite AoE. For everything else and especially when you're newer, playing what you're best at will net you better results.

Unholy outperforms Frost and DW outperforms 2h in PvE.
    For reference, Frost is the third least represented Mdps in M+ (second lowest at 15 and up).

Can you play 2h frost in PvE? Yes, you can play everything. Are you just kneecapping yourself and should you expect to be denied on occasion because of your spec and build choice? Yes, that's the price you'll pay.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Unholy outperforms Frost and DW outperforms 2h in PvE.
    For reference, Frost is the third least represented Mdps in M+ (second lowest at 15 and up).

Can you play 2h frost in PvE? Yes, you can play everything. Are you just kneecapping yourself and should you expect to be denied on occasion because of your spec and build choice? Yes, that's the price you'll pay.
    Yeah this was kinda my point. I know most people just say play what you like and im not saying i wont like unholy (never really gave it a chance), but the frost theme always felt more cooler (pun intended).

Didnt realise frost was so low on the tier list

Think i should unholy a fair chance then ������

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that 2H and DW were close enough that your weapon choice barely mattered. Guess I was wrong. Still, I have a 200 2H while the best 1H I got my hands on so far was 184, so I'm still not switching weapons any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you can play Frost but it's so god awful boring.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the theoretical Frost will be more comparable to Unholy. Your Frost will still be weaker than your general Unholy Death Knight unless you start actually practicing the spec independently of tier lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargrom View Post
    Frost is viable, but you cant catch up to unholy
    5% buff baby. We gonna be killing it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    5% buff baby. We gonna be killing it

Gonna be killing your own expectations for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Gonna be killing your own expectations for sure.
    taking the "boring" part out, how far behind DW is 2h?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    taking the "boring" part out, how far behind DW is 2h?

Not that far behind. I think ultimately depending on the content you are doing will determine, but for M+ and raiding DW is still ahead of 2h. Not so far ahead but significantly enough for DW to be your choice (both BoS and Obliteration builds as DW). You really can't pass up having Rune of the Fallen Crusader and Razorice at the same time as well as Runic Power generation is slightly better as DW (noticeable in BoS builds).

In PvP however, 2h reigns supreme. Big Obliteration hits (and crits) fucking hurt. DW ends up helping in more of a utility role due to a 2nd runeforge choice.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-02-10 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Not that far behind. I think ultimately depending on the content you are doing will determine, but for M+ and raiding DW is still ahead of 2h. Not so far ahead but significantly enough for DW to be your choice (both BoS and Obliteration builds as DW). You really can't pass up having Rune of the Fallen Crusader and Razorice at the same time as well as Runic Power generation is slightly better as DW (noticeable in BoS builds).

In PvP however, 2h reigns supreme. Big Obliteration hits (and crits) fucking hurt. DW ends up helping in more of a utility role due to a 2nd runeforge choice.
    Sweet, cheers for the info. I have a shitty 190 alt or something and hes 2h purely because thats what he has. Was wondering if its worth targeting 2 x 1h drops. Considering the level i play him at (casual friends stuff) its probably not worth it. If i happen to get 1 x 1h ill certainly go after a second though.

i went and got my lego for frost both my conduit and soul binds as well and it just doesn't compare to unholy right now even with the buffs.