Thread: Spoiler Tags

Spoiler Tags

Are there any plans to fix the issues when you use spoiler tags with other features? Like, if I use spoiler tags and then make that body of text Italic it doesn’t work and will just show [ I][/ I]. Same thing happens when you’re quoting things, using the Bold option, urls, etc.

Example: [I]Spoiler text example[/I]
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2021-01-30 at 06:31 PM.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Spoiler: 

Use collapse instead
    http://mmo-champion.com

- - - Updated - - -

Just realized WB has me ignored. Oh well, maybe someone else will let her know.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Are there any plans to fix the issues when you use spoiler tags with other features? Like, if I use spoiler tags and then make that body of text Italic it doesn’t work and will just show [ I][/ I]. Same thing happens when you’re quoting things, using the Bold option, urls, etc.

Example: [I]Spoiler text example[/I]
    You can use collapse. Bracket the word.

Spoiler: 
    Looks like this

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    You can use collapse. Bracket the word.

Spoiler: 
    Looks like this
    I’m aware of that feature, but I’m just wondering if they plan to fix the spoiler tags in the future.

Thanks thou!
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

I’m aware of that feature, but I’m just wondering if they plan to fix the spoiler tags in the future.

Thanks thou!
    That is the fix. It’s a more advanced spoiler tag.

As a workaround you can surround the whole spoiler inclusively like this.

Surround the spoilers with the italics tag. You can quote to see how it's done if you need!

Example: Spoiler text example
    "Okay, Robin. Together, we're gonna punch these guys so hard, words describing the impact are gonna spontaneously materialize out of thin air."
    - Lego Batman

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Surround the spoilers with the italics tag. You can quote to see how it's done if you need!

Example: Spoiler text example
    You’re awesome—thanks!

You’re awesome—thanks!
    It’s hilarious that you’d rather do this, which necessitates multiple spoiler tags, instead of using collapse.