It is recommended to change the elemental shaman subject to the problem of Tank

As we all know, elemental shaman's AOE damage mainly comes from earthquakes. However, for two or three targets, the acquisition of the Maelstorm value is very slow and small, which causes a sharp drop in DPS. The general solution is to make Tank pull many monsters(T Dora blame). I hope Blizzard will mechanically solve the problem that elemental shaman's damage depends on the tank. Two solutions are proposed below:
    1. Double-target lightning chain damage increased by 2 times, three-target lightning chain damage increased by 1.6 times
    2. For 2, 3, 4, and 5 targets, the Lightning Chain gets 30/2, 30/3, 30/4, 30/5 points for each target
    I am a player from China and I hope to get the support of players from the US server.
    Last edited by iamiceice; 2021-02-03 at 11:31 AM. Reason: automated translation

15+ Year Old Account
    I personally agree with you.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Parts of what you have written is not understandable English, which is probably why you're not getting many replies ("to the problem of T", "T dora blame"). If you're using some sort of automated translation, it's not working properly for those phrases.

I do broadly agree that our AoE is pretty weak at the moment. Without Echoes of the Great Sundering AND Stormkeeper up, we're doing extremely low AoE dmg just by Chain Lightning + Earthquake (with or without MotE buffs), to the point where it barely feels worth doing at all. It's even worse in the current M+ meta where there is so damn much kiting that our Earthquakes often don't get to do their modest full damage anyways.

Still, I don't expect to see any buffs to this any time soon. Our performance in Castle Nathria is above average ironically due to there being a lot of single-target or priority target fights, with only really Kael being a true AoE fight where Earthquake is a big part of our damage, and Kael is a gimmick fight anyways.

I doubt Blizzard cares much that elemental (and enhance) are overlooked for M+ keys, because this is true of a ton of specs anyways, and our current damage profile (high sustained ST dmg, modest ST burst, average AoE burst, average AoE sustain) is not that great for M+ compared to specs with better ST and AoE burst who get it up almost every important pack/boss.
    Last edited by Beingbob; 2021-01-31 at 11:13 PM.

Thank you for your support

are you running for President?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    Parts of what you have written is not understandable English, which is probably why you're not getting many replies ("to the problem of T", "T dora blame"). If you're using some sort of automated translation, it's not working properly for those phrases.

I do broadly agree that our AoE is pretty weak at the moment. Without Echoes of the Great Sundering AND Stormkeeper up, we're doing extremely low AoE dmg just by Chain Lightning + Earthquake (with or without MotE buffs), to the point where it barely feels worth doing at all. It's even worse in the current M+ meta where there is so damn much kiting that our Earthquakes often don't get to do their modest full damage anyways.

Still, I don't expect to see any buffs to this any time soon. Our performance in Castle Nathria is above average ironically due to there being a lot of single-target or priority target fights, with only really Kael being a true AoE fight where Earthquake is a big part of our damage, and Kael is a gimmick fight anyways.

I doubt Blizzard cares much that elemental (and enhance) are overlooked for M+ keys, because this is true of a ton of specs anyways, and our current damage profile (high sustained ST dmg, modest ST burst, average AoE burst, average AoE sustain) is not that great for M+ compared to specs with better ST and AoE burst who get it up almost every important pack/boss.
    Crits from CL casted with SK should reduce SK's cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    are you running for President?

- - - Updated - - -

Crits from CL casted with SK should reduce SK's cooldown
    This is my favorite thread of all time.

mr presidont

Quote Originally Posted by iamiceice View Post
    I am a player from China
    Elemental Shaman could use some love. With that said, please stay on your own draconian-controlled server with ridiculous censorship!

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Elemental Shaman could use some love. With that said, please stay on your own draconian-controlled server with ridiculous censorship!
    I don't know why OP felt the need to tell where he's from, as it was completely irrelevant here, but being from China don't mean supporting every decision from it's governement. and it's true for people from anywhere in the world. your post is the most stupid I've read in a long time here, which is a feat in itself. GG

please don't tell me where you're from, cause I'm going to find some bullshit from your country and act like you are personaly responsible for it....
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2021-03-04 at 12:59 PM.