Protection Warrior Threat

I've picked up my warrior recently after playing the other tanks and have been having the weirdest issue with threat in keys compared to the other tanks. I don't feel squishy by any means, but having to kite out for necrotic is causing me to lose threat. Is this an issue for anyone else or is this something I am personally struggling with?

I usually have plenty of threat since you can front load it with Ravager + Demo Shout.

Not sure which talent setup you're using, I'm guessing the cookie cutter M+ build most people are using.

Also saving Spear, if you're Kyrian, for when you start kiting is very helpful. Although it is not up for every pack.

Take Revenge talent, use Seismic Reverberation leggo. You give up some extra Rage gen from Booming Voice and losing the defensive benefits of Demoralizing Shout leggo or the reworked Reprisal, but your damage and thus your threat goes through the roof. Ravager helps with the Rage generation as well. Use Shield Wall liberally if you're specced for Anger Management, wasted CD is you "save it" for emergencies. Just don't forget to use Shield Block or Ignore Pain when needed, the Shockwave reduction talent combined with the Finesse conduit that reduces its CD is also a strong combo for reducing damage taken while using a more DPS oriented setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dessicuus View Post
    I don't feel squishy by any means, but having to kite out for necrotic is causing me to lose threat.
    How many packs at a time are you pulling, and how many stacks before you Shockwave/Spear/TClap and Heroic Leap out? I've never had your problem, but then, I'm extremely cautious and rarely pull multiple packs at the higher Mythics.

Also, pretty sure the Kyrian vial clears Necrotic. Obviously you can't spam those.