Stacking Crit as Outlaw PvP

Do you guys think this is a bad thing to do?

The question is:
    "How much crit rating is needed to be considered BURST damage instead of just DPS"

We all know if you have 100% crit rating...thats a burst window
    But cant, for example, 70% crit rating also be considered a huge burst window?

25-30% base crit + Between the Eyes + Ruthless Precision

---------

Im also playing with the only legendary with a controlled burst.
    The one Pistol Shot hits for 200% damage after between the eyes.

I've done 11k pistol shots in Bgs just with plunder armor and pvp trinket /use (and probably no versatility players)

---------

After searching for top Outlaw player, they all seem to use the legendary of Adrenaline Rush.
    But "Control is King" is majorly bugged atm and i dont want to deal with that.
    They seem to play a "constant damage" playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Do you guys think this is a bad thing to do?

The question is:
    "How much crit rating is needed to be considered BURST damage instead of just DPS"

We all know if you have 100% crit rating...thats a burst window
    But cant, for example, 70% crit rating also be considered a huge burst window?

25-30% base crit + Between the Eyes + Ruthless Precision

---------

Im also playing with the only legendary with a controlled burst.
    The one Pistol Shot hits for 200% damage after between the eyes.

I've done 11k pistol shots in Bgs just with plunder armor and pvp trinket /use (and probably no versatility players)

---------

After searching for top Outlaw player, they all seem to use the legendary of Adrenaline Rush.
    But "Control is King" is majorly bugged atm and i dont want to deal with that.
    They seem to play a "constant damage" playstyle.
    Imho it's not a playstyle per se as this is what outlaw generally does. As in it is more of sustained dps spec without having any real burst besides 1-2 abilities. Ofc you can have burst windows, with AR and a lucky RtB combination but it's still nothing compared to what sub can do in it's burst window. Also wouldn't you want to stack crit anyways as it's one of our best stats?
    But to your question, due to diminishing returns I think stacking just crit is not that optimal so I'd say 30% crit is defo not optimal, 25% might be a good number though.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    Imho it's not a playstyle per se as this is what outlaw generally does. As in it is more of sustained dps spec without having any real burst besides 1-2 abilities. Ofc you can have burst windows, with AR and a lucky RtB combination but it's still nothing compared to what sub can do in it's burst window. Also wouldn't you want to stack crit anyways as it's one of our best stats?
    But to your question, due to diminishing returns I think stacking just crit is not that optimal so I'd say 30% crit is defo not optimal, 25% might be a good number though.
    Thanks for pointing out diminishing returns...
    So 25% seems like a good number. Im almost there.

The great thing about going with crit gear is that you can compensate with "Vigor" talent choice.

I hear Outlaw PvE stat priority is Versa > Haste > Crit....so i was wondering if not going haste was a huge DPS loss.

My legendary, i never seen anyone use...but if the damn thing crits...it hits quite hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Thanks for pointing out diminishing returns...
    So 25% seems like a good number. Im almost there.

The great thing about going with crit gear is that you can compensate with "Vigor" talent choice.

I hear Outlaw PvE stat priority is Versa > Haste > Crit....so i was wondering if not going haste was a huge DPS loss.

My legendary, i never seen anyone use...but if the damn thing crits...it hits quite hard.
    Stat priority can be a bit bonkers sometimes and really depends on your individual items. From what I noticed in sims, vers is usually the best stat and then crit/haste depending on how much you have of each but it's probably different for pvp as imho you won't win matches with sustained dps as it will get outhealed and/or you just get bursted down faster. So going with vers/crit is probably the way if you want to pvp with outlaw imho.