Thread: Myanmar Coup

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Believe what you want to hear and disregard the rest. So predictable...so pathetic.

“For all the fake news ‘journalists’: Let me be VERY CLEAR — There is NO reason whatsoever for any coup in America, and I do not and have not at any time called for any action of that sort. Any reporting of any other belief by me is a boldface fabrication based on twisted reporting at a lively panel at a conference of Patriotic Americans who love this country, just as I do. I am no stranger to media manipulating my words and therefore let me repeat my response to a question asked at the conference: There is no reason it (a coup) should happen here (in America).” - Michael Flynn (May 30, 2021)

Someone probably needs to tell the dude that asked the question it's "MyANmar" not "MyNAmar".

Also -

"No reason, I mean, it should happen here, no reason. One more."

Are we back to denying that it's wet in the middle of the pool of water?

Believe what you want to hear and disregard the rest. So predictable...so pathetic.

“For all the fake news ‘journalists’: Let me be VERY CLEAR — There is NO reason whatsoever for any coup in America, and I do not and have not at any time called for any action of that sort. Any reporting of any other belief by me is a boldface fabrication based on twisted reporting at a lively panel at a conference of Patriotic Americans who love this country, just as I do. I am no stranger to media manipulating my words and therefore let me repeat my response to a question asked at the conference: There is no reason it (a coup) should happen here (in America).” - Michael Flynn (May 30, 2021)
    Once again you are proven wrong.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I can watch him say it. If I watch the full context... he still says it. That he's trying to quickly backpedal to avoid serious trouble is normal and expected. I just rewatched the full exchange and his meaning was clear - he thinks a military coup should happen in the US.
    Let's be honest here...you don't actually give a shit about context. I quoted exactly what Flynn said when he was asked for clarification and you completely ignored it.

But hey, I understand, you prefer to focus solely on a microscopic sound byte that feeds a hyper-partisan narrative. Because...well...that's just how your ilk rolls.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

well on one hand this thread is totally derailed, but on the other hand why it did is freaking hilarious.

Let's be honest here...you don't actually give a shit about context. I quoted exactly what Flynn said when he was asked for clarification and you completely ignored it.

But hey, I understand, you prefer to focus solely on a microscopic sound byte that feeds a hyper-partisan narrative. Because...well...that's just how your ilk rolls.
    You seem to be ignoring the part where the fuckface fascist said it should happen here.

But hey, I understand you will do literally anything to defend fuckface fascists like Trump and Flynn.

What does that say about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Remembers how the right harped on Obama's "You didn't build that..." comment.

Pot n Kettle much?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

I didn't ignore it, I fully acknowledged that he's flailing around trying to backpedal. Also a sound-byte is something removed from context, what I saw was a full exchange, the meaning of which was easy to follow. Clarification is for when your meaning is unclear, what he's doing is trying to rewrite history by lying.

"Clarifying" clear statements by changing the statement entirely isn't a clarification, it's literally changing your tune.

He literally said it. It's hardly the first time he's explicitly or implicitly voiced such opinions. The man doesn't even know the bloody words to the Pledge of Allegiance, for fucks sake.

Yet y'all hold him up as some sorta super-patriot or some shit.

Sound bite implies that his response wasn't taken in full and that it's missing context. His response was recorded in full, there is no additional context that didn't come after the fact as he is desperately trying to reframe what he said while claiming he didn't say what he was literally recorded saying.

Seriously, y'all are in the middle of the fuckin Pacific Ocean up to your neck in water and denying that your wet, angrily asserting you're bone-dry instead.

Haaaaaaaaaaaah.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

Can we please get back to hunta and stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Walking it back is him following his lawyers advice to avoid sedition/treason charges bud. He literally said there’s no reason it couldn’t happen here and it should. We have the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Remember when I started this thread? Anyone think a retired general would call for the same in the US?
    if you had added "convicted felon" in front of retired general, then I might have

- - - Updated - - -

so you are claiming this is fake?
    https://twitter.com/MC_Hyperbole/sta...240084489?s=20
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

According to you "Don't believe your lying eyes and ears! Believe this dude who has been convicted in court for lying."

Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    According to you "Don't believe your lying eyes and ears! Believe this dude who has been convicted in court for lying."

Bro.
    Anymore, they are trying to Wizard of Oz things with the whole "Don't look at the man behind the curtain" shtick.

Doc literally just pasted Flynn's backtracking, not what was originally said. Even he knows that, and that it is really just Flynn taking advice on how not speak in public while also being recorded because it'll get reported on and he'll need a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Can we please get back to hunta and stuff?
    Also this, though.

no you are doing the same Flynn is doing, backpeddling. What he quoted is pretty clear in his context, and the time frame to "clarify" what he said was five seconds after it left his mouth, not after he found his words are on video.

The context is simple, he said it, then after it got he did damage control. That is the context.

Some more news - a destruction of village. A lot of he said, she said, but regardless:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57506196
    Take that haters.

Oh wow, UN managed to agree on something:

The General Assembly adopted a resolution condemning the military junta, which overthrew the country's elected government in February.

The UN also called for the release of political detainees, such as elected leader Aung San Suu Kyi, and an end to violence against peaceful protesters.

While not legally binding, the resolution is politically significant.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57536032

Of course, the usual suspects abstained. Though that is a surprise, one would think that China would follow Belarus example (hmm, I wonder what unites all these countries...).
    Take that haters.

sometimes military intervention in a genocide isnt the worst thing
    kosovo ended very quickly due to nato support and possibly saved millions
    the thing about biden though is, biden is just as anti intervention as trump it just created the image he wasnt because the left and right wing kept praising trump for supposedly being anti war and attacking biden on baseless claims of being a secret neo-con
    But now since both parties are anti intervention(and any intervention requires senate approval) dictators around the world know they have a free pass to commit atrocities like we are seeing in myanmar