Thread: Myanmar Coup

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's odd that you've been shilling for a guy who supports Nazis and violent fascists... but now you want to clutch your pearls and feign outrage when someone opposes a coup by an authoritarian junta.

Adorable.
    You got me confused for someone else. Yang doesn't support any of that. Also I prefer isolationism over world policing, and have for a long time. Whatever time and money could be spent solving someone else's problem could be used to solve our own. You want me to enter every thread starting with a list of all of my political ideals?
    Joe who?

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    You got me confused for someone else. Yang doesn't support any of that. Also I prefer isolationism over world policing, and have for a long time. Whatever time and money could be spent solving someone else's problem could be used to solve our own. You want me to enter every thread starting with a list of all of my political ideals?
    Nope, not at all, feel free to refer to the thread in your signature.

Meanwhile, you are outraged that someone condemns a coup by a violent junta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Nope, not at all, feel free to refer to the thread in your signature.

Meanwhile, you are outraged that someone condemns a coup by a violent junta.
    I don't like it any time we get into things we have no business in. Myanmar isn't us, it isn't even an ally. I reject the idea that we have an obligation to uphold morals worldwide.
    Joe who?

I don't like it any time we get into things we have no business in. Myanmar isn't us, it isn't even an ally. I reject the idea that we have an obligation to uphold morals worldwide.
    Yeah!
    This ain't 1939!

So, saying Nazis are bad is upsetting to you?

You'd be mad if he condemned a government for using child slaves and raping them.
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Let me shine a light on you - this is 21st century, world is global and interconnected, we also do not think that genocide is still cool and should be ignored.
    Does that help? Isolationism died a century ago. I could even argue that USA was never actually followed isolationism in the first place, it was just a facade to placate those who supported it, especially considering how fast the lend lease started in WW2, way before USA's entry into war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

So, saying Nazis are bad is upsetting to you?

You'd be mad if he condemned a government for using child slaves and raping them.
    Condemning is one thing, intervening is another. The WH statement is clearly and directly threatening action.
    Joe who?

Condemning is one thing, intervening is another. The WH statement is clearly and directly threatening action.
    It's literally a condemnation...

"How dare they be mean to Nazis and pedophiles!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Let me shine a light on you - this is 21st century, world is global and interconnected, we also do not think that genocide is still cool and should be ignored.
    Does that help? Isolationism died a century ago. I could even argue that USA was never actually followed isolationism in the first place, it was just a facade to placate those who supported it, especially considering how fast the lend lease started in WW2, way before USA's entry into war.
    We can connect with trade. We don't have to police the globe.

- - - Updated - - -

It's literally a condemnation...

"How dare they be mean to Nazis and pedophiles!!!"
    I pray their threats to action stay as threats. That's all.
    Joe who?

Hmf... I'm sure Biden will get criticized for doing anything, including nothing. The should he go in reverse get condemned for doing whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

I pray their threats to action stay as threats. That's all.
    It's be a shame if someone was mean to murderers and pedophiles...

/s

Trade happens best with countries having at least similar values.

Also, I will invoke Godwin's law and remind you that not policing leads to various kinds of Hitlers. Policing stopped Balkan genocides, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf... I'm sure Biden will get criticized for doing anything, including nothing. The should he go in reverse get condemned for doing whatever.
    Damned if do, damned if not. The usual curse of people in power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

He’s threatening sanctions. That’s exactly the way countries should react to this kind of thing.

Also I prefer isolationism over world policing, and have for a long time.
    So you want a weak America, then. America without a global presence is weak America.

And I'm not talking about the military, which has nothing to do with the statement from the White House as the action they're hinting at is, unsurprisingly to anyone paying attention, economic sanctions. Not sending in the US military.

Whatever time and money could be spent solving someone else's problem could be used to solve our own. You want me to enter every thread starting with a list of all of my political ideals?
    Not really. What happens in other countries affects the US, and pro-isolationism folks never seem to process this. The US is a global player in a global marketplace. If there's global instability but stability at home? It still hurts the US.

Enhance your calm, John Spartan.

You do understand that for example economic sanctions or suspending trade is a form of direct action?

Or are you proposing that in the name of "isolationism" the US government should permit, and legally protect trade with genocidal regimes and allow them to draw economic benefit from it?

I don't think you even understand what isolationism is in the first place. It's always amusing when people have strong opinions but they don't actually understand their own opinions. It seems to be a fairly common phenomenon in the Qanon Stan, Trump Stan, Info Wars Stan, Yang Stan, Jimmy Dore Stan and Kyle Kulinski Stan crowds.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-02-02 at 02:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    You do understand that for example economic sanctions or suspending trade is a form of direct action?

Or are you proposing that in the name of "isolationism" the US government should permit, and legally protect trade with genocidal regimes and allow them to draw economic benefit from it?

I don't think you even understand what isolationism is in the first place. It's always amusing when people have strong opinions but they don't actually understand their own opinions. It seems to be a fairly common phenomenon in the Qanon Stan, Trump Stan, Info Wars Stan, Yang Stan, Jimmy Dore Stan and Kyle Kulinski Stan crowds.
    I am proposing we don't get involved in things which do not involve us.
    Joe who?

So, you'd do business with pedophiles and Nazis... because what they do doesn't concern you?

Also, who is "us?" You aren't even an American.

That's not simply how the world works anymore, my dude.

This is a global world now, there's no going back to the horse and buggy.

So, you'd do business with pedophiles and Nazis... because what they do doesn't concern you?

Also, who is "us?" You aren't even an American.
    Hmm... supply both the nazis and the anti-nazis is the big brain play.

How do I show i'm american without doxxing myself? I'm not allowed on binance.
    Joe who?

Hmm... supply both the nazis and the anti-nazis is the big brain play.

How do I show i'm american without doxxing myself? I'm not allowed on binance.
    This comment right here, using the United States as "them."

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...278448130?s=20

US really is back to normalcy. Back to being the retarded world's police, itching to get into a conflict in a situation that hardly affects them.
    I. Don't. Believe. You.

If you don't care about what others do, then you have no problem consorting with Nazis, correct?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-02-02 at 05:32 AM.