Thread: Myanmar Coup

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post
    Myanmar has too much cultural diversity and internal conflict for democracy to work. I say this as someone who most likely has visited Myanmar for more months in a row than most people on this planet and has more personal connections with some of the people there. The native population is overall pretty content with the coup, as far as I can tell.
    Well, if they're content with the coup then I guess that's democracy and we just gotta leave it be. LET THE ETHNIC CLEANSING CONTINUE, IT IS THE "PROGRESSIVE" WAY!

Myanmar has too much cultural diversity and internal conflict for democracy to work. I say this as someone who most likely has visited Myanmar for more months in a row than most people on this planet and has more personal connections with some of the people there. The native population is overall pretty content with the coup, as far as I can tell.
    Nope, not really.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...iversity_level
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Blind America hating aside, what response would you like to see from the US? Should we congratulate the Military on a successful coup? I get you would like to see the US go away, but it isn't likely to do so. As long as it exists, it is going to have some sort of response, and I am not sure what response you would prefer to this one.
    What should the US do?

Sit in its box and continue throwing shit at its self and let the grown up nations deal with it.

let the EU handel this one together with the regional players it mostly effects, India and China.

Being serious though, America nolonger has the respect or reputation with the international community to play peace maker, its better for every one if this time they just keep out of it.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2021-02-04 at 05:07 PM.

The Patient
    The native population is overall pretty content with the coup, as far as I can tell.
    Spread more lies, will you?

It's good to know you support ethnic cleansing and genocide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    What should the US do?

Sit in its box and continue throwing shit at its self and let the grown up nations deal with it.

let the EU handel this one together with the regional players it mostly effects, India and China.
    Ah yes, just let the UK and France loose on it, they have done a great job with any country outside the US.

I heard Frances intervention was a smashing sucess in Libya!

- - - Updated - - -

The elections, as pointless as they where in the end, did show that the majority did not vote for the military parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Ah yes, just let the UK and France loose on it, they have done a great job with any country outside the US.

I heard Frances intervention was a smashing sucess in Libya!

- - - Updated - - -

The elections, as pointless as they where in the end, did show that the majority did not vote for the military parties.
    Uk isn't part of the EU.

And France achieved its objectives in Libya that whole thing ended in a couple months, not drag on for decades over an ideal that was stupid to begin with
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2021-02-04 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    It's interesting and all, but why don't we just drop this colonisator-civilisator rhetoric and let the myanman people run myanma the myanman way? They are a sovereign nation and are free do do whatever they want within their borders
    Including genocide as well? I thought we decided after dear Schicklgruber did his thing that it is a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Including genocide as well? I thought we decided after dear Schicklgruber did his thing that it is a bad idea.
    We decided that four countries who actually contributed to the nazi's defeat and France (because it did great in WW1) will together decide whether or not a nation is to be taken bold measures against for ideas they purport. Haven't seen an emergency UN security council meeting on this case so far.

We decided that four countries who actually contributed to the nazi's defeat and France (because it did great in WW1) will together decide whether or not a nation is to be taken bold measures against for ideas they purport. Haven't seen an emergency UN security council meeting on this case so far.
    Remember the China veto? Yeah, it makes it pointless. You also kinda did not answer directly about whether we should just let genocides happen.
    Take that haters.

Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Uk isn't part of the EU.

And France achieved its objectives in Libya that whole thing ended in a couple months, not drag on for decades over an ideal that was stupid to begin with
    Yeah, it only led to the country being filled with slave markets, terrorists and being a big source of refugees who use the country to cross into Europe.
    Truly the noble Europeans did a good thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Remember the China veto? Yeah, it makes it pointless. You also kinda did not answer directly about whether we should just let genocides happen.
    We should definitely raise the concern of united nations security council members on this genocide issue and let it collectively decide on our further actions as a civilised society that pledged to maintain world peace

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Yeah, it only led to the country being filled with slave markets, terrorists and being a big source of refugees who use the country to cross into Europe.
    Truly the noble Europeans did a good thing!
    And non of that was part of Frances objectives.

War is war, its something you Americans continually fail to grasp, war is NOT a tool of liberation, war does NOT win hearts and minds and democracy CANNOT BE delivered by drone.

France went into Libya with one objective, fuck gaddafi up and get out, that was it, and thats what it did. France and Europe understand what war is, we've been doing it far better than Americans have for mellenia, we know what its for, and we know damn well unlike america what it's not for.

And you won't get it, its the reason you raised Libya to begin with, in your mind military invasion is some how inherently tied to conflict resolution and world problem solving, and that is exactly why you guys keep screwing up, and why no one wants you involved anymore.

You know its a running joke in the rest of the world not to find oil or elect some one anti American "because america might bring us democracy",people don't respect america anymore, they don't even fear america because of the exact mentality you have just shown of confusing war with helping people.

War is war, it dosnt help people, and if you don't know what does then thats why you need to take a seat...

You guys are so obsessed with trying to refight ww2, probly cos you sat out half of it being cowards, you fail to realise ww2 was an exception to the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...278448130?s=20

US really is back to normalcy. Back to being the retarded world's police, itching to get into a conflict in a situation that hardly affects them.
    Yo. Mr Faux outrage and Nazi apologetics.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...5#post52993795
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Nice way to promote a thread dedicated to quite a single news piece that rather belongs in biden thread. Someone has already noted though, that the US only ends support of saudi arabia to do the regular normalcy bombing runs themselves

We should definitely raise the concern of united nations security council members on this genocide issue and let it collectively decide on our further actions as a civilised society that pledged to maintain world peace
    And then China says no and... what, exactly? Nothing? Because that is what happens. "Oh you see it was blocked by permanent sec council member, we did our best, thoughts and prayers!"
    Take that haters.

Oblivious Myanmar aerobics teacher’s workout video captures military coup d’etat unfolding live

someone needs to put her in the godzilla vs king kong trailer

song name is "Ampun bang jago" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_jc71quGoI now I can't get it out of my head..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-02-07 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

if this is us exiting a conflict i approve
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Joe who?

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Given that just a short while ago you had the army in Myanmar spending allot of time killing Innocent civilians I would say that the US and every other country has a moral obligation in protecting these people.

Invading a country because like Iraq and Afghanistan which both where relatively stable before there respectieve destruction is not the same as preventing genocide.
    Or the US and every other country should stay out of other countries dealings?

Quote Originally Posted by Phon View Post
    Or the US and every other country should stay out of other countries dealings?
    We tried that before. About 8 decades ago.