Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you invest in precious metals?

Do you invest in precious metals? I'm thinking of looking into buying silver coins.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Isn't it something the rightwing talk radio try to peddle?

I think one time a while ago I spend $33 in Silver ETFs. Haven't bought any since. Actually I plan on buying some commodities this week.

We all get it... this is the new thing to buy from the legion of Redditors. There's no need to try and push this as if your idea is your own in any way.

No.

Unless you're an institutional investor actually playing quarterly and annual game backed by proper market research on outputs and demand there's no point in putting money in metals.

Or if you're a penny stock seller selling shares to gullible morons. I'm always fascinated by how 2 bit conmen and the Alex Joneses of the world manage to dupe people out of their money so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    No.

Unless you're an institutional investor actually playing quarterly and annual game backed by proper market research on outputs and demand there's no point in putting money in metals.

Or if you're a penny stock seller selling shares to gullible morons. I'm always fascinated by how 2 bit conmen and the Alex Joneses of the world manage to dupe people out of their money so easily.
    The answer to that fascination is sadly quite simple and boring even. Half the people are dumber than the average person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

You are a fool if you arent buying physical silver right now.

That said, good luck finding it in america. even in the UK our royalmint just ran out of individual bullion coins, now they only sell stacks of 25s or those decorative/overpriced 2oz queen coins.

I only invest in memes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I only invest in memes.
    Pepe futures looking good this year.
    Sell, dolans, no good anymore
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We all get it... this is the new thing to buy from the legion of Redditors. There's no need to try and push this as if your idea is your own in any way.
    Actually that's completely false.
    Just read the actual WSB page.
    Media pushing this narrative is lying.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

Dont fall for that reddit rumor that they will do the same to silver as they did with gamestop. It's not even reddit that spreads that rumor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post

Also this.
    Do you hear the voices too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Do you invest in precious metals? I'm thinking of looking into buying silver coins.
    Yeah I chose Silver Eagles even though there was a slight premium on them. As far as investments I wouldn't put more than 5% in metals but it depends on what you think of real estate and the stock market.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-02-01 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post

This was talked about as early as last week, all these threads were pushed within the last few hours. I have no desire to dig through that abomination of a page.

The issue is that it's not a stock, it's a commodity, and the chance for a short squeeze is basically nil. There is really no way that the same can be done for silver, and there never was one. I'm simply pointing out that the OP's sudden desire to invest in silver isn't organic. In the end, it all depends on why people are on that page, and why they want to invest. If it's just to fuck over hedge funds, then silver is not the way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Silver is at an 8 year high. Not really the best time to invest in it.
    A normal person shouldn't be worried about selling their metals and getting an ROI. It's just their to ground a portion of your investments into something that should be scarce and useful for the rest of your life.

Citadel sending bots to mmochampion too? How many times do we have to tell you old man. No one is buying silver. Citadel has huge option positions in silver and so they've been sending an army of bots and manipulating the media into saying the"reddit army" is interested to peddle their shitty silver. No one on reddit was talking about silver besides accounts that haven't posted for 2 years or accounts that were just created and had barely any karma. Its literal market manipulation. Don't fall for it.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-02-01 at 05:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You’re hilarious.
    Well you could buy metal coins with the intent to sell them for a profit at a certain time in the future. Personally I'd say put 5% into metals and then forget about it forever. If everything else performs badly then you'll still have some gold or silver, which both have useful properties.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    A normal person shouldn't be worried about selling their metals and getting an ROI. It's just their to ground a portion of your investments into something that should be scarce and useful for the rest of your life.
    Lol okay boomer. /10chrs

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol okay boomer. /10chrs
    I'm a Millennial though. You don't need to be a Boomer to know that gold and silver have special properties that make them desirable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Millennial though. You don't need to be a Boomer to know that gold and silver have special properties that make them desirable.
    Ooooo shiney
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Shiny rock that doesn't generate wealth or give compounding dividends? Wow. So desirable. Tomorrow some silver mining company in Africa can just decide to offload a bunch of silver they had hidden and then silver market crashes.