19 8.02%
  • Doctorate o Professional Degree - Unemployed

3 1.27%
  • Other

5 2.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats more insane than believing the earth is flat lol
    Considering how many people on these forums don't actually read what the other people write or are incapable of understanding a point of view besides their own and simply retaliate on what they want the other person said so they can get a gotcha moment I stand by my statement. Literacy is more than just being able to read the written word. It's why standardized tests have a separate "reading comprehension" section.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaShelton View Post
    Interesting statistics, how relevant is it for 2022?
    The benefits to school as it stands now are: socialization (will teach you how to make connections and work well with others- which is a very valuable skill), it teaches you how to conduct yourself as a professional in a work environment (bad behavior/ breaking rules is why most people lose their jobs) and it teaches you how to organize, start and finish a product under a deadline (what most people will be doing in their jobs even if they work for themselves).

Lets look at the first one: socialization. The whole basis of this game- go on adventures with your friends in Azeroth. WoW, I would guess skills learned in school are truly relevant in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Considering how many people on these forums don't actually read what the other people write or are incapable of understanding a point of view besides their own and simply retaliate on what they want the other person said so they can get a gotcha moment I stand by my statement. Literacy is more than just being able to read the written word. It's why standardized tests have a separate "reading comprehension" section.
    literacy
    noun
    the ability to read and write.

maybe be more specific next time on what you mean,and dont make yourself out as a literal parody of the thing you moan against

15+ Year Old Account
    Trade/Vocational School as a Lab Technician, currently unemployed/studying.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'm working on my 2nd master's degree and will be following that up with my PhD beginning fall 2023.

Why is it so hard to believe that people have an education?
    jealousy a lot of people are lazy and are projecting the same laziness on others.

depends also on enviroment you work in . for example in corporate world its prettu normal for people to pursue things liek post graduate studies and phds to further their carrer - same in other fields like medical field etc .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I can already tell you, no way this is gunna be fucking accurate.. look at it already, no fucking way.
    why not . if one had to guess is that majority of wow players will be now people with bachelor/masters/employed considring how wow demographic is now mainly in 30-50 year old range and mmorpg gamers usualy tended to be better educated / getting good grades in school due to their introvertic more stayed at home nature.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    I got a physics bachelor degree than left that circus. That university is taking millions from China to promote awful ideas. "Education" in general is very overrated past a point and tends to produce very narrow-minded indoctrinated people that struggle in the real world.
    No it's really not. One can never stop learning. As far as the second part, just lol. The whole point of school is so you don't struggle in the real world. Look how educated Europe is vs the U.S., and look at their healthcare and education system vs ours. Literally just about everyone in Europe speaks two languages at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It shows that when given the opportunity to lie about their education level on the internet, most people do.
    Huh why'd you lie about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    The benefits to school as it stands now are: socialization (will teach you how to make connections and work well with others- which is a very valuable skill)
    My sides! Socialization at schools DOES NOT MEAN MAKING FRIENDS. It means indoctrinating/training the kid to operate within the system, to obey authority, obey a chain of command, behave, and seek to please the authorities to earn rewards. Grades do NOT represent how good you actually are. They represent whether or not you obey the institution. "Did you go home and do your extra homework? Yes? You passed. Oh, you didn't? You fail. Oh, you botched the answers on your homework? Well, you turned it in, so you pass. Didn't turn in any homework? You fail". When you leave school, you go out into the workforce and obey your boss and do not think for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I would imagine that most successful WoW players have some education. It is really easy to get a HS degree in the USA- you basically just have to show up.

Think of all the research you have to do in this game. Your spec, your BIS, boss/ pvp strats, etc. If you couldn't manage to "just show up" for that HS degree, I can't imagine you would do these things for a video game. You would probably just find an easier game to play or a P2W game where you could just buy the stuff (like Diablo Immortal).

Most people who do not have some form of an education usually do not like to research things or read up on things that they don't have to. Even if they have to (like filling out a form, work etc) they usually try to skip through and not really read it.
    There is also a base level barrier of entry here that filters what kind of people still play WoW. It's a PC videogame with a $15 monthly sub and $60 expansions every other year. As a PC game, there is a barrier to entry in that you're going to need money to build or acquire a PC rig capable of running WoW decently. Modern WoW is not optimized like it was back in the early days, which means you need to drop a lot of money on a graphics card and processor. WoW consumes a tremendous amount of disc space. SSDs aren't impossibly expensive like they were years ago but still that is a decent amount of money. And then you have the electricity bill required to run the computer AND the air conditioner, as modern PC gaming rigs put out a considerable amount of heat. If you play in an enclosed room then the room temperature will rise very quickly and you risk destroying your computer if you don't address that. You also need high speed internet which, again, is costly. WoW is a two decade old game that hasn't been mainstream in a decade. Kids with unlimited free time aren't playing WoW. The people who are playing WoW are adults who are successful enough to be supporting themselves and have money left over to build and run a PC gaming rig as their hobby. Which means there is a good chance that they at least have some sort of education.

5+ Year Old Account
    I work with recruiting people.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    My sides! Socialization at schools DOES NOT MEAN MAKING FRIENDS. It means indoctrinating/training the kid to operate within the system, to obey authority, obey a chain of command, behave, and seek to please the authorities to earn rewards. Grades do NOT represent how good you actually are. They represent whether or not you obey the institution. "Did you go home and do your extra homework? Yes? You passed. Oh, you didn't? You fail. Oh, you botched the answers on your homework? Well, you turned it in, so you pass. Didn't turn in any homework? You fail". When you leave school, you go out into the workforce and obey your boss and do not think for yourself.
    of education.
    its called living in society . and learning normal social interactions .

and that your actions have and cause certain rections so you are not surprised you are constantly fired form work because you fail at even most basic tasks .

ive mentioned before that the one reason minecraft is more popular is that it doesnt need a gfx card to run so it can run on pretty much anything. wows system reqiuremnts probably prices out some of the lower earning / less educated people. wow needs a "minecraft" version. that alone would boost sales / subs quite a bit.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    ive mentioned before that the one reason minecraft is more popular is that it doesnt need a gfx card to run so it can run on pretty much anything. wows system reqiuremnts probably prices out some of the lower earning / less educated people. wow needs a "minecraft" version. that alone would boost sales / subs quite a bit.
    Um......ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Why do I get the feeling if there was an option for "one and only supreme leader of earth" 8 of you would have selected it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    jealousy a lot of people are lazy and are projecting the same laziness on others.

depends also on enviroment you work in . for example in corporate world its prettu normal for people to pursue things liek post graduate studies and phds to further their carrer - same in other fields like medical field etc .

- - - Updated - - -

why not . if one had to guess is that majority of wow players will be now people with bachelor/masters/employed considring how wow demographic is now mainly in 30-50 year old range and mmorpg gamers usualy tended to be better educated / getting good grades in school due to their introvertic more stayed at home nature.
    What on earth are you basing this all on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

So I voted other as I am Super Space General Praetor of Andromeda Galaxy and had 10 years of Void as my education. That's how everyone doing this, right?

poll shows its either old ass people like me or youngalings in high school....heading towards failure in college.

I completed High School and did a year of college but no degree.

I was able to save 40k by the time I was 24 and moved directly into a home skipping all the rent bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I completed High School and did a year of college but no degree.

I was able to save 40k by the time I was 24 and moved directly into a home skipping all the rent bullshit.
    I graduated from college it was pretty much useless made a business and bought my own house...could've skipped college and saved tons of money.

I've had a PhD in a STEM subject since 2004. Been playing wow since 2008.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    So I voted other as I am Super Space General Praetor of Andromeda Galaxy and had 10 years of Void as my education. That's how everyone doing this, right?
    When I see "other" this is what I always assume.
    /s