Do people still hop for herbs?

IIRC hoping addons stopped working on previous expansions but there are ways to switch servers such as joining a group intended to do another type of content. Is it worth utilizing such things for herb farming now?

I just leveled herb/mining and after a while I found that if I found a spot that had 5+ spawns in the immediate area, it was definitly just much easier to join Quest groups over and over as apposed to moving.

Realm hopping was 11/10 god-tier in WOD =/
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

5+ Year Old Account
    Don’t have patience looking for herbs. Rather buy everything from Auction House.

This method is just too time consuming but still valid

For TBC Classic, there will be implemented delay for layer hoping. To prevent players from explointing that.
    Should make it harder to layer jump for herbs/ore.

Do you hop while they are starting off, or while they are standing still?

I do not have patience for it, if you have it so it's still valid way to make a herb.

You can still do so by picking quest groups in your current zone with the same war mode set, but there's a very limited number of those groups so it's not a big advantage just to get an extra herb.

1+ Year Old Account
    Buy everything from Auction House.

you can make so mutch gold by boosting monkeys twice a week that you can buy everyting from the AH why even farm herbs tahts not time efficient
    I.O BFA Season 3