Thread: Covenant Swap

Covenant Swap

Im toying around with the idea of swapping Covenants. Currently Ven...which Im not totally sold on anymore. Thinking of swapping to NF now how fast is the catch up? Is there a cap on how many renown points you can get a week through dungeon, Callings etc?

Would it be possible to hit max renown in 1-2 weeks?

I'm not quite sure. As far as i know there is no cap. You simply can't loot renown from Dungeons etc. if your "open" renown from quests would overcap weekly treshold. This means: if actual treshold is 26, and you have 5 quests open which gives you renown, you can only loot renown untill 26-5 = 21.

So, how fast you can catch up is based on how much content with dropchance you play and how lucky you are :-). As i said, i'm not sure, but basically it should be possible to catch up renown in 1 week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaan View Post
    Im toying around with the idea of swapping Covenants. Currently Ven...which Im not totally sold on anymore. Thinking of swapping to NF now how fast is the catch up? Is there a cap on how many renown points you can get a week through dungeon, Callings etc?

1 or 2 weeks? if u play a lot u can cap it in 2 days

on my pvp alts i get capped while capping honor gear in like 2-3 days?

edit: i only do epic bg's, not sure if it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaan View Post

I leveled my second Survival hunter just about two weeks ago. I main one, this one was my "fun alt" with goal to just roam around and enjoy.
    I did "covenant tour" with him, that is - complete full covenant story to unlock transmog sets, get them, and move to next covenant. Did all 4 of them in about.. 10days or so.

You get randomly renown from dungeon bosses, normal, HC and Mythic 0. Renown from LFR bosses. Randomly from Covenant Callings and BGs.

If the cap is 30 you have 5 from covenant story chapters, so you can earn from above activities maximum of 25. However, you get +2 from new weekly renowns since you switched to new covenant so actually you need only 23 from activities.

It goes fast i would say, taken out the time to do campaign story, you can cap it in a week or so, depending on how much you play. But yes, you can deffo cap it in 2 weeks, and even way less.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2021-02-14 at 07:12 PM.

Took me about a week

Quote Originally Posted by Allseye View Post
    I'm not quite sure. As far as i know there is no cap. You simply can't loot renown from Dungeons etc. if your "open" renown from quests would overcap weekly treshold. This means: if actual treshold is 26, and you have 5 quests open which gives you renown, you can only loot renown untill 26-5 = 21.

So, how fast you can catch up is based on how much content with dropchance you play and how lucky you are :-). As i said, i'm not sure, but basically it should be possible to catch up renown in 1 week.
    I was getting renown from dungeons. About every 2-3 dungeons I get an renown.