Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Not sure if I understand, if Castlevania was good isn't it a hint that Zelda might have been good too?
    In my mind the difference is between animation and live action. Live action Zelda series could be good, but I'd wager it's less likely to work out than an animated series in the vein of Castelvania.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the only way I can imagine it having been good would be if they used it as an excuse to deepen lore and didn't try to do anything with Link.

Link does not have a character. He barely has a voice. If they tried to make him a character he'd flop because everyone would hate him because he wouldn't be what they imagined Link to be.
    On that note they probably should also stay away from Zelda and Gannon too, and at that point, why even use the Zelda IP?

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    On that note they probably should also stay away from Zelda and Gannon too, and at that point, why even use the Zelda IP?
    It's entirely possible to use the IP without touching on the main characters, as there's lots of lore and other characters and stories they could explore to expand the world and shed light on cultures and events that we only ever heard about or tangentially experienced. The big name characters could be referenced, or even have short cameos to simply make the connection, but the world IS larger than just Link, Zelda and Ganon and has other races and cultures and characters besides Hyrulian.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    In my mind the difference is between animation and live action. Live action Zelda series could be good, but I'd wager it's less likely to work out than an animated series in the vein of Castelvania.
    I would actually prefer an animated Zelda series. Done by the team behind Dragon Prince and in that art style. Voltrons style would be a close second followed by Castlevanias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Done by the team behind Dragon Prince and in that art style..
    That show is beautiful in stills, but in motion it's hard to stomach.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's entirely possible to use the IP without touching on the main characters, as there's lots of lore and other characters and stories they could explore to expand the world and shed light on cultures and events that we only ever heard about or tangentially experienced. The big name characters could be referenced, or even have short cameos to simply make the connection, but the world IS larger than just Link, Zelda and Ganon and has other races and cultures and characters besides Hyrulian.
    Why would you waste money on an IP and then not use the only widely recognizable elements of it? Dude in green tights, pig-ish monster and blonde princes are pretty much the most recognizable parts about the series, besides some items (because games). I'd argue that there is barely any benefit to use the IP in the first place to tell a fantasy story, let alone one where you abandon the most recognizable elements of the franchise.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is old news, none if it really credible.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    That show is beautiful in stills, but in motion it's hard to stomach.
    I got used to it pretty quick though it was definitely jarring at first. It's "cleaner" in season 2 supposedly though I didn't notice much difference. Still liked it though.
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I would actually prefer an animated Zelda series. Done by the team behind Dragon Prince and in that art style. Voltrons style would be a close second followed by Castlevanias.
    The only problem is the silent protagonist. It would be strange for Link to be speaking on a regular basis in the show

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    The only problem is the silent protagonist. It would be strange for Link to be speaking on a regular basis in the show
    True. I suppose I should clarify that I meant that I'd prefer an animated Zelda over live action. I'm not sure the world really lends itself to a series or movie at all though but if I had to pick; I'd go with animation.

Though in many of the games, while Link doesn't have any lines, it is implied that he's speaking to the npc character (otherwise it would be impossible for the npc to answer a question Link clearly asks without being telepathic). It would be very difficult though since I imagine everyone would get angry if link doesn't sound exactly how they themselves imagined he would. I think the only way around that would be for it to be yet another incarnation of link rather than attempting to retell, for example, Ocarina of Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Why would you waste money on an IP and then not use the only widely recognizable elements of it?
    To tell other stories and expand the lore. And also to try and avoid people being pissed you "didn't do it right" when showing those highly recognizable characters.

I said it was possible, not that they should, or that it would be a good idea, just that it was possible.

Well Excuse Me Princess