Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Raider.io is ruining my experience - Not the way you think, I need your support...

I will explain my problem briefly.

I lost my father-in-law to covid 3-4 weeks ago, because of this devastating experience I had to cut-off all my hobies from my life and provide my full support to my wife on her hardest days.

And time is the only treatment as you all know.

Aynway, after few weeks, I decided to resub and play while my wife is not at home, or while she is at work. I relogged my account 3 or 4 days ago for couple of hours. 2 days ago I wanted do some mythics.I have 211 ilvl priest, and playing mainly shadow, if it takes too long to find grp (because of meta madness) I switch to healing. Aynway, I first tried to find grp as DPS but I got insta declined from almost all instantly, was like "WTF", switched to disc and nothing changed, insta-decline. I tried to form my own grp but noone came as well.Then I figured out my raider.io was empty, wasnt showing a score at all.

I tried everything written on the net, I updated my character maybe 50 times on their website, I installed raider.io client, I deleted WTF, I tried everything.

Because of an addon, I cant play what I pay for properly and I now have to open a ticket to a 3rd party to play the game I paid for.
    What the actual fuck is that? Really, if their database is not reliable, blizzad should implant a raider.io like system to support their game.

I dont want to contact to a 3rd party, I am battling against tears and sadness for weeks, I just want a moment's peace to play the game for couple of hours then want to fuck off, I want to steam off.

This addon, no matter how useful or devastating it is for different people should not cause so big issues to alter gameplay. If there is one fucking developer from raider.io team please fucking solve my problem, as i said, I just wanna fucking play this game few hours and fuck off, I have to steam off in this fucking un-social world under covid lockdown that doesnt allow any other social options at the moment.

Thx for reading
    Last edited by AggroParadox; 2021-02-03 at 05:38 PM.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Not to state the obvious, but make your own group? No one is telling you to join one.

If your score isn't updating, then there's obviously an issue somewhere, could also be related to weird characters in your name preventing an update.

Quote Originally Posted by AggroParadox View Post
    I will explain my problem briefly.

I lost my father-in-law to covid 3-4 weeks ago, because of this devastating experience I had to cut-off all my hobies from my life and provide my full support to my wife on her hardest days.

And time is the only treatment as you all know.

Aynway, after few weeks, I decided to resub and play while my wife is not at home, or while she is at work. I relogged my account 3 or 4 days ago for couple of hours. 2 days ago I wanted do some mythics.I have 211 ilvl priest, and playing mainly shadow, if it takes too long to find grp (because of meta madness) I switch to healing. Aynway, I first tried to find grp as DPS but I got insta declined from almost all instantly, was like "WTF", switched to disc and nothing changed, insta-decline. I tried to form my own grp but noone came as well.Then I figured out my raider.io was empty, wasnt showing a score at all.

I tried everything written on the net, I updated my character maybe 50 times on their website, I installed raider.io client, I deleted WTF, I tried everything.

Because of an addon, I cant play what I pay for properly and I now have to open a ticket to a 3rd party to play the game I paid for.
    What the actual fuck is that? Really, if their database is not reliable, blizzad should implant a raider.io like system to support their game.

I dont want to contact to a 3rd party, I am battling against tears and sadness for weeks, I just want a moment's peace to play the game for couple of hours then want to fuck off, I want to steam off.

This addon, no matter how useful or devastating it is for different people should not cause so big issues to alter gameplay. If there is one fucking developer from raider.io team please fucking solve my problem, as i said, I just wanna fucking play this game few hours and fuck off, I have to steam off in this fucking un-social world under covid lockdown that doesnt allow any other social options at the moment.

Thx for reading
    score under 200 wont show in game, its in the description of the addon, is your score below 200?
    ''Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities'' ~Voltaire
    ''As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.'' ~Dickmann's Law
    ''No life is worth living if we can't be true to our nature'' ~Baine Bloodhoof

nope score is 915

Get a score above 200. This is literally just 4 +2s, and 4 +3s spread throughout the 8 dungeons. From there, download the raider io client and update it before u log on each day. Other ppl with up to date clients can see ur score even if u can't. Updating the client updates all of the rio scores u see in game. If you gain like 50 pts to your score, the tool tip won't reflect that until you update ur client

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Get a score above 200. This is literally just 4 +2s, and 4 +3s spread throughout the 8 dungeons. From there, download the raider io client and update it before u log on each day. Other ppl with up to date clients can see ur score even if u can't. Updating the client updates all of the rio scores u see in game. If you gain like 50 pts to your score, the tool tip won't reflect that until you update ur client
    I cant provide link beacuse I am new to the forums

Character name is "Lilianas" on EU - Ragnaros server, you can check on raider.io or on wow armory

chacater already achieved everything you wrote mate
    that is my main, already done all those mate, i already installed the client, also using the addon, also updated the character from their website
    as you see on raider.io website it says "character is updated 21 days ago"
    Last edited by AggroParadox; 2021-02-03 at 06:48 PM.

To clarify: Your raider IO addon does not work?

Because the website shows your stats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    To clarify: Your raider IO addon does not work?

Because the website shows your stats fine.
    yes
    exactly

i cant see my raider.io ingame, and noone else sees my raider.io ingame

10+ Year Old Account
    yes
    exactly

i cant see my raider.io ingame, and noone else sees my raider.io ingame
    Make sure you haven't selected to hide your characters from the addon under the raider.io privacy settings (requires being logged in and having bnet linked to r.io). If you're logged in to the r.io website, you can see those options by looking at your character settings page (clicking on the gear wheel next to your character name in the top right corner). I can't get you pictures now, but if you're unable to figure it out from these instructions I can do a visual guide in about an hour.
    Last edited by Ihsatakar; 2021-02-03 at 08:46 PM. Reason: clarified instructions

Quote Originally Posted by AggroParadox;52990377[FONT=Courier New
    ]
    Thx for reading
    Honestly man? Remove all the entirely unnecessary blog post crap and just say "I have [this] problem with io - can anyone help". All this other stuff just detracts from your issue, and is completely irrelevant.

Typically the creators of the addon can be contacted directly through a forum, or on the website you downloaded the addon from.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-02-03 at 08:55 PM.

Honestly, the only true solution I've find to Raider.io is simply to not play into that system period. Your time is better spent searching for a decent guild that is generally active around the times that you are active and spending time with them. Spend time building relationships, any good guild will appreciate a 210 priest right now.

Personally, I refuse to pug nowadays. I do guild dungeons/raids, solo content, or I play a different game.

Edit: nvm, you on EU

Had the same problem, my chars where not showing correctly, my raid progress was missing even after months.
    Raider.IO team was ignoring all my support tickets and E-Mails.

Seriously Raider.IO should be banned.
    Depending on 3rd party service to play should not be in Blizzards interest

If its broken you can pretty much not play World of Warcraft
    You can't join any raid, you can't join mythic+

Don't pug M+. If you insist to do so, it is at your own risk. The game-curated guaranteed access to dungeons that "comes with your subscription" ends at heroic, which is a perfectly reasonable and supported cap to your engagement in dungeons.

WoW is not on the hook to support, encourage or run the game with raider dot eye oh in mind. M+ is an "among friends" mode that people game to use with strangers to endless complaining being the result.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-02-03 at 11:38 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day you can join social guilds without any commitment to raiding and/or you can always make your own group. There are lots of guilds that exist like this (no idea about EU, but there's plenty on NA anyway).

Not to be harsh, but the "make your own group" thing solves the issue that 90% of the people who complain about raider.IO have on this site.

It's slightly humorous because people will claim this is an MMO, it's a social experience and people should be more welcoming, all the while expecting somebody else to go through the trouble of organizing or making a group. Everybody else should bend to my will and I'm not confident enough to be put into a leadership position. The irony is most of the people who are group leaders (in pug raids or dungeons) are often a boost themselves and either don't have the achievement that they're asking everybody else to have, and will often have the lowest iLvL by far. The only difference between these people and others is that they have know how to just make their own group, and not sit around wasting their time trying to get into another persons group.

A lot of pugging experiences can simply be solved by taking it upon yourself to make the group.

I've gotten to 1k raiderio as a SPriest mostly through pugging.
    *shrug*

Do you see other people progress?
    Check your addon list ingame and see if you correctly marked the region you play in. Also remove the client thing and only use the addon.
    Also download Ajour and update the addon everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post

Amen to that. Raider IO and the widespread dependence on it to measure a character's worth is one of the worst things to happen to WoW. It needs to be removed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    WoW is not on the hook to support
    This.

Try downloading the desktop client, cleared any issues for me.

Also, you do update your addon - daily - right?
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargrom View Post
    score under 200 wont show in game, its in the description of the addon, is your score below 200?
    i've actually seen people with less.
    this is one for example.

https://gyazo.com/85260b5472b706d0b3928b8c3012181a
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

In "addons" make sure that you have selected correct rio zone - M+ Europe Alliance/Horde + Raiding Europe -Horde/Alliance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Had the same problem, my chars where not showing correctly, my raid progress was missing even after months.
    Raider.IO team was ignoring all my support tickets and E-Mails.

Issues are very very rare. Removing rio would just create another metric or just kill m+ pugging overnight if they removed access to the data.