Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    there isn't really that one activity that is the best because if you don't enjoy doing it, then you won't be doing it consistently.

The best way to keep yourself fit is to find an activity that you enjoy and then do it every day, every other day, once or twice per week. However often your lifestyle allows you to do it. But it has to be something you enjoy. If you think jogging is boring as hell then don't force yourself into it. You'll do it for a week or two but soon you'll try to find excuses not to do it. You need to find the activity where you're trying to find excuses to do it.

That's the difference between doing sports to lose some weight (and then getting that weight back once you stop doing it) and doing sports as a lifestyle.

I think Yoga and Running/Walking are great lifetime habits to keep yourself in relatively good shape. Diet is vital though. Always maintain a good healthy diet; rather than dieting, trying to lose weight with some fad. Exercise, eat sensibly.

I am not a supermodel or gym addict by any means. However, I am in my 40s with two kids and I feel great relative to a lot of other women my age/life stage I know who don't exercise and eat well. It's important.

Sleep, diet, and exercise. Be consistent in these 3 things and your life will be tremendously improved in a way nothing else can ameliorate.

Quote Originally Posted by chris012 View Post
    Hi, I believe everyone is fine. During lockdown, I sit in front of my computer for online games. Now I am a little bit fluffy. I want to lose my body weight. I don't want to join any gym. I already started morning exercise for my fitness. Which sport game should I have to join guys, kindly suggest me best game.
    Personally i love skating, whether on ice or asphalt ("rollerblading" in american?).

It trains everything except the arms if you do it right.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Kettlebell swings. Lots of them.

The only correct answer, unless you're one of those people with a will of steel, is the way that you enjoy and are most likely to stick with. Even if it's not the most optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    The only correct answer, unless you're one of those people with a will of steel, is the way that you enjoy and are most likely to stick with. Even if it's not the most optimal.
    True enough to some degree. If you're consistent with something that's not optimal, you'll reap results.

Assuming the 'not optimal' isn't something like 'I take the trash out regularly, and that gives me a degree of cardio' type thing.

Healthy eating and regular exercising. Also I tried coolsculpting and it worked for me. I heard many positive reviews about this procedure. I read that it's the easiest way to lost pounds in the short period of time, it helps to burn fat cells faster.
    Last edited by olvs; 2021-06-03 at 11:28 AM.

Take healthy diet ,drink at least 2 litter to 3 litters of water, do some exercise or walk for 30 min, take proper sleep , don't stress to much, avoid junk and oily food and try keep your self happy

Swimming uses slot of muscles and burns alot of calories. It's also very easy on the joints for people who aren't used to exercising.

Otherwise walking, running and calisthenics are all great, along with a diet without too many excess calories.

Had my vaccine. Back at the gym this week. 3 days in, most things are sore. Starting with light/moderate weights on a full body high frequency program. Will take a couple months or so for me to get back to pre-pandemic strength. After that is when things will get amusing. Living with IBS means I'm constantly on alert of what might set me off, and then if I do get an attack, that's a lot of backward steps as far as the gym is concerned.

In order to lose weight properly and not harm your body, you need to watch out for 3 things:
    1) The right diet. You eat what you eat. It is very important not only to eat the right foods, but also to eat them at the right times.
    2) The right exercise program. If you just do what you know, without a plan of action, you won't necessarily get what you have planned. You should consult with a trainer, and ideally ask him or her to make you an exercise program at home. It's not necessarily harder, but the effect will be greater.
    3) Quality sleep. You have to accept the fact that falling asleep at 3 a.m. and waking up at 1 p.m. is bad. Sleep is one of the most important and meaningful processes for humans. If you don't get enough sleep, working out will be bad for your body. Think about what time you go to bed and wake up and where you sleep. I advise you to buy a quality orthopedic mattress, but first you need to understand which of the huge number of mattresses, will suit you *snip*, because it will help improve the quality of sleep and take care of your sleep in the first place.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2021-06-28 at 02:37 PM.

Working out and dieting.

No amount of working out can outrun a bad diet. On the other hand, if you just diet without working out you are losing weight but it isn’t as healthy

A combination of lots of cardio, and better diet. That’s it. There’s no magical solution, just dedication and hard work

I work out every day but admit the diet is something I struggle with. I just love a weekly pizza

Quote Originally Posted by ArnolDDD View Post
    1)
    2)
    3)
    1) INPUT CALORIES < OUTPUT, you could eat only NUTELLA and still lose weight
    2) endurance sports are the best for your joints, walking, cycling whatever you want, if you dont do stupid workout, you dont need a trainer. not sitting around is basicly all you need to do
    3) people have different sleep durations and not everyone is impacted with changing sleep cycles

Its not that complicated, the hard part is to change lazy habits and to control your food input if you have no sense of satiety. Doing some endurance sports to not destroy your joints is a bonus and you dont need a trainer, just doing ANYTHING but sitting around is enough. Not using your car for everything is also great.

I get that its much easier in healthy EU countries with a solid work / life balance, with your workplace close by, with normal <8h working days and with shopping options outside of big shopping malls, so you can actually just walk or ride by bike.

Keep in mind, riding a bike in EU is not a suicide attempt, bike lanes are not just an afterthought. Also getting a drivers license in the last 50 years means you get taught how to deal with bikes in the traffic without causing any danger or harm for the cyclist.

Sometimes its not a YOU problem but a SOCIETY problem and you cant really do much about it, its a slow process. Living healthy, with enough free time and alternatives instead of using your car for everything, is not allways that easy and has more to do with where you live.
    -

I agree with the advice above - a lot of water, more walks, more vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by ArnolDDD View Post
    In order to lose weight properly and not harm your body, you need to watch out for 3 things:
    1) The right diet. You eat what you eat. It is very important not only to eat the right foods, but also to eat them at the right times.
    2) The right exercise program. If you just do what you know, without a plan of action, you won't necessarily get what you have planned. You should consult with a trainer, and ideally ask him or her to make you an exercise program at home. It's not necessarily harder, but the effect will be greater.
    3) Quality sleep. You have to accept the fact that falling asleep at 3 a.m. and waking up at 1 p.m. is bad. Sleep is one of the most important and meaningful processes for humans. If you don't get enough sleep, working out will be bad for your body. Think about what time you go to bed and wake up and where you sleep. I advise you to buy a quality orthopedic mattress, but first you need to understand which of the huge number of mattresses, will suit you *snip*, because it will help improve the quality of sleep and take care of your sleep in the first place.
    It is vital to be very careful with your exercise program not to bring any harm to your body. I approached this in a very wrong way and now I am a patient of orthopedist. Luckily, I have found a professional clinic *snip*, and it could really help me in my situation. But it is better to do it right from the very beginning.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2021-11-07 at 05:57 PM.

II think it is really important to keep fit and to be healty. People who do not monitor their health and their physical condition are more likely to get sick and do not look very good. I follow a healthy lifestyle, eat right and exercise. It helps me feel healthy. I recently started using THC-free CBD products to speed up metabolism and keep the skin in good condition. You can get more information about this product here but i can say it is safely.
    Last edited by FalonyFan; 2021-08-13 at 01:03 PM.

i think one of the best ways is to find something you can immagine doing always, not just a temporary extreme workout routine but a more laxed routine you can immagine doing 10 years from now.

This could be done either by altering eating habits or workout habits. Find something that works for you and that you can immagine doing until and beyond 2030
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    be kind and gentle to yourself and bring a lot patience =)
    love WoWarcraft

Finding a sport that you do cause you like it and not cause u have to do it.

Im working in a kitchen, am heavily overweight (167kg), but a month ago i started swmming, eating less. Lost 10 kg (to 157) so far and a week ago i started skateboarding aswell. Sadly i falled of the board and hurt my arm so right now i cant do any sports.

But swmming 3-4x each week feels really relaxing now, even after a hard day at work. I dont think "fck i need to go to swim soon" its more like im happy i can do it. Since i started swmming and skating again i feel more happy. For a week now im just sitting home and play games the whole day, what really pisses me off, cause i wanna swim and practicing skateboarding... If i had someone who likes throw and catch baseballs i would do this as well, but my wife is bored by it pretty fast.

So overall i guess the most important thing is to find sports that makes fun, doenst matter what sport it is.
    Last edited by saixilein; 2021-08-09 at 07:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cycling and eating relatively healthy.

I bike between 150-200 miles a week and eat mostly healthy with the occasional treat of a McDonald’s McGriddle breakfast here and there (just as an example). Keeps me slender and in-shape, but it takes ramp-up time to get there.

The key is to find something you love to do. I love to pedal, to be on the road, enjoying the scenery and the sun (in the summer), or the hot shower when I get back home (in the winter). If you find the activity you can do for hours without feeling burdened, that’s your ticket.