Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There’s really only 2 secrets. Work out, especially cardio, and eat well. Sure, you can pig out now and then too but balance it with fast days etc. no amount of running can outrun a bad diet

Do exercises in the morning, run in the park in the evening, have sex regularly, do not eat food with a lot of fat, more vegetables and less alcohol. As for a sports game, play table tennis or sign up for a pool.

Stay in a caloric deficit.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Losing weight? Burn more than you eat. Eating fewer calories is much easier to accomplish technically (eating one less candy bar a day is roughly equal to 1/2 hour on a treadmill), but many find it harder because they feel hungry.

Getting fit? Find whatever exercise or game holds your attention. I use an exercise bike in front of a TV for a solid 30 minute workout. My wife goes for long walks around the neighborhood.

Those who advocate eating well are actually (without knowing it) pushing a low energy diet. Eating "well" usually involves vegetables and leafy greens which your body doesn't process well (i.e. can't get too many calories from it). A major advantage of such a diet is you tend to get plenty of micro-nutrients your body needs.

The reason I separate losing weight and getting fit is because many people find that daily exercise combined with eating a candy bar or two after your workouts results in them actually gaining weight. You can do both, but you need to understand the relationship. Your body follows physics, not magic.

Working out, enjoying food, and a well monitored PED protocol.

Avoid sugar and too much carbs and you will lose the extra weight even without exercising.

Badminton...
    it's a pretty hardcore cardio sport if played right.

Eat more fruits and veggies, less junks. Do exercises few times a week (cycling in my case)

Get yourself some of those new compact dumbells. A dumbell set can go up to 200 pounds, each hand.

Get yourself a bench to work on. About hundred bucks. And put it in your room, go to town, and work out. Don't gotta be paranoid like if you're at a gym, if they washed their machines before use or whatever. You can work at your own pace, no one bothering you. Look up youtube videos for work out techniques.

Get yourself a pull up bar too.

Edit: Though, if you do work out in your room, make sure the floor can handle it. Once you start benching 200+ pounds, wood might creek.
    Last edited by Coolface330; 2021-10-01 at 08:00 PM.

any thing that increases muscle mass would be a safe bet too lose weight, and if not lose weight, at least still slim down on the waist band, while maintaining the current weight, but turning it into leaner muscle over lazy do nothing fat tissues. 1lb of muscle is incredibly smaller in volume, compared to fat. and is much more metabolicly hungry over fat. convert one 1 lb fat tissue to muscle tissue, and your overall body metabolism will jump up, becoming more efficient in burning calories passively, just to maintain the increase in muscle tissue.

Make your goals realistic, that can be maintained over time, and to not just go hard for 2 months and then throw in the towel, only to rubber band back later, like a RL 800 ping regarding your personal choice to slim down

I have gone down 10 kgs over the last 3 months by eating less pasta, rice(so less carbs overall) and have less sauce on my dinners and instead of bread I now eat crisp bread. Over the last year I changed my intake of Coke to Coke Zero(approx 50/50 to 90/10), but I still enjoy my snacks like always.

I do walks/jogs 3 times a week, situps, push ups and feel this whole set up works wonders. I am active at work so it contribute a little. This way I feel more fit with just a few adjustments. My goal is to go down 10 more, but its going slow because I want it to be steady. My experience is that if you go all out, you'll might find it hard to keep it up.

Enjoyment is everything. I do enjoy feeling good after an excercise, but eating that bag of crisps is delightful

Balance is key.

Eat well. You don't have to eat less carbs, just regulate the right amount as per what you're doing exercise wise. Same for fat.

Setup your diet, exercise plan and general life style to be in harmony with each other. I do strength training 4x per week. So I eat accordingly.

Wake up at 0530 to go to the gym 5-6 days a week. You won't gain weight until you start purposely eating too much to gain weight, although if your diet is shit you'll probably stay at a certain level of fluffy.

Eat less, move more.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Cycling and eating relatively healthy.

I bike between 150-200 miles a week and eat mostly healthy with the occasional treat of a McDonald’s McGriddle breakfast here and there (just as an example). Keeps me slender and in-shape, but it takes ramp-up time to get there.

The key is to find something you love to do. I love to pedal, to be on the road, enjoying the scenery and the sun (in the summer), or the hot shower when I get back home (in the winter). If you find the activity you can do for hours without feeling burdened, that’s your ticket.
    I might have put that kind of mileage back in college. These days it is closer to 50 - 60 miles a week. If that. However, a lot of hills. We are talking Tour De France mountain section grades. Between 10 - 20% grade are pretty typical for San Francisco streets. We try to avoid anything over 20%. Going up is bad enough, but going down is worse. The first six months, my wife was burning the brakes on her bike like crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I might have put that kind of mileage back in college. These days it is closer to 50 - 60 miles a week. If that. However, a lot of hills. We are talking Tour De France mountain section grades. Between 10 - 20% grade are pretty typical for San Francisco streets. We try to avoid anything over 20%. Going up is bad enough, but going down is worse. The first six months, my wife was burning the brakes on her bike like crazy.
    I feel you. I had to walk my bike this last weekend in the Hilly Hundred’s 15% grade after nearly 100 miles of cycling over two days. Just couldn’t do it, even in my biggest cassette gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I feel you. I had to walk my bike this last weekend in the Hilly Hundred’s 15% grade after nearly 100 miles of cycling over two days. Just couldn’t do it, even in my biggest cassette gear.
    How steep are those hills?

For me, the best way is active recreation, and regular training in the gym

I am once again on a journey to lose weight, and let me tell you - it's not easy. Its painful, it requires focus and discipline. You need to starve and push yourself. And there is no other way, im afraid.

I do streaming workouts a lot. Like 5-6 days a week.

I generally use Beachbody and rotate different programs, though I’ve used Peloton before and also thought it was good. There are others too.

They’re both like $10 a month, less if you buy a year.

Doing programs on those is nice just because they are designed by professionals to get a well rounded result and you don’t have to do any of the thinking, just do the work outs the programs tell you to do and eat reasonably well (drink water, don’t eat processed food as much as possible)

Just buy an adjustable dumbbell (Id recommend core home fitness) set and a good yoga mat (shell out $100 for a good one it’s worth it and they last a lifetime) and you’re good.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2022-02-07 at 07:05 PM.