Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Valor Points System Update, Ve'nari Upgrades Capped to Season 1, DLC #760

Valor Points System Update
    Blizzard has announced that items obtained before Patch 9.0.5 will not be upgradeable with Valor Points.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Skrutt: Had to be earned - after - the patch.

This is correct.

You will not be able to upgrade items that dropped before patch 9.0.5.

While we have technical reasons for this, we also want to avoid the feeling that you should go through months of item history and stuff your bags and your bank in preparation for this.

In-game, items that can be upgraded will be clearly labeled as such.

Patch 9.0.5 PTR - Ve'nari Upgrades Capped to Season 1
    Spatial Realignment Apparatus and Unbound Reality Fragment, item upgrades sold by Ve'nari for Stygia, have been capped to Shadowlands Season 1.
    • Spatial Realignment Apparatus - Use: Add a socket to a Shadowlands Season 1 item that does not already have one. Can be used on Helms, Necks, Bracers, Belts, or Rings.
    • Unbound Reality Fragment - Use: Discover an upgrade to a random Conduit from among your lowest item level Conduits, up to item level 226.

Dark Legacy Comics #760
    DLC #760 has been released!

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-02-13 at 08:11 PM.

"Technical reasons" being this flop of an expansion is bleeding players so hard we need the remaining dopes to spend more playtime re-farming the same gear in an upgradable form so our Q1 "Time Played" report doesn't scare the shit out of investors

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    "Technical reasons" being this flop of an expansion is bleeding players so hard we need the remaining dopes to spend more playtime re-farming the same gear in an upgradable form so our Q1 "Time Played" report doesn't scare the shit out of investors
    I mean they LITERALLY say in the very same sentence "but also we dont want people stockpiling gear for months to upgrade it"

Yeah, that would be super dumb, i dont wanna have to go back to item resoration and restore every single M+ item ive gotten since M+ was introduced, incase they might be good to upgrade, especially since at this point many of those items no longer are visisible in item resoration, and that would be unfair if players who kept their items got a bonus over those who sold useless items.

also they dont use a "time played" metric, cause those are literally useless cause people afk in games all the time. they use MAU which this has literally no effect on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Even though this is a rather ridiculous and very bad take, it is kind of stupid that Blizzard added this in the middle of a tier. They should have waited until an actual content patch when people would have naturally been farming dungeons for loot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Even though this is a rather ridiculous and very bad take, it is kind of stupid that Blizzard added this in the middle of a tier. They should have waited until an actual content patch when people would have naturally been farming dungeons for loot anyway.
    I disagree. Rather add a good change early rather than waiting a few months for the exact same system, even if it's less useful immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I mean they LITERALLY say in the very same sentence "but also we dont want people stockpiling gear for months to upgrade it"

Yeah, that would be super dumb, i dont wanna have to go back to item resoration and restore every single M+ item ive gotten since M+ was introduced, incase they might be good to upgrade, especially since at this point many of those items no longer are visisible in item resoration, and that would be unfair if players who kept their items got a bonus over those who sold useless items.

also they dont use a "time played" metric, cause those are literally useless cause people afk in games all the time. they use MAU which this has literally no effect on.
    What would be super dumb is asking the player base to re-farm all good gear, taking months and months, rather than use item restoration for 10 minutes.

It worked out well enough for when they retroactively added the corruption vendor and let prior loot be upgradeable. I don't see why it would be a problem here. And I don't think they're being mean, I think it's a case of developers no longer playing their own game that much so they don't realise how bad this is.

What a fucking joke this valor system is. I'm not re-farming my entire set of gear after the patch goes live

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow really? Well it was good until it wasn't. Seems like that's what Blizzard is best at.

Hey, you know how most people hate farming the Maw and want to have it over with as quick as possible?. Well too bad, you have to spend just as much time in season 2 to get those gem sockets that are required for max raiding...

I have a crazy idea for Blizzard; MAKE THE MAW MORE FUN OR MAKE IT IRRELEVENT, YOU DUMBASSES
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2021-02-13 at 10:15 PM.

Lol? OK buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I disagree. Rather add a good change early rather than waiting a few months for the exact same system, even if it's less useful immediately.
    It's a half-measure/full-measure situation. Realistically, it'd have been best if it was just in the game at launch. Hindsight's 20/20 and all that. But since Blizzard already shit the bed they've decided to meet the community half way and add a system that was widely requested/supported yet are reluctant to make the system fully retroactive "because reasons." A cynical portion of me thinks it may end up like the Corruption vendor where they say they can't do it then suddenly a week after its released they'll mysteriously figure it out.

/shrug -- I still firmly believe this would have been better to have been added at a point when dungeon grinding would have been an expected part of the gameplay loop.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Hey, you know how most people hate farming the Maw and want to have it over with as quick as possible?. Well too bad, you have to spend just as much time in season 2 to get those gem sockets that are required for max raiding...

I have a crazy idea for Blizzard; MAKE THE MAW MORE FUN OR MAKE IT IRRELEVENT, YOU DUMBASSES
    I'm not sure they are adding a new socket item.. or it will be from elsewhere. They haven't announced where the new socket item will come from (if there is one).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    What a fucking joke this valor system is. I'm not re-farming my entire set of gear after the patch goes live
    To be honest I think you are overreacting. I get items from m+ that I already have on all the time and I can't even use them. Also you have to clear certain key le ela to upgrade them anyway. The only people I really see this being a big deal are the people who already have gear they won't really need to upgrade anyway. Plus.. you have to get the Valor points by doing the dungeons anyway. You will probably get the items again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah so now I see why they released the six month mount deal prior to digital Blizzcon.

Everyone should be full 226 by now or very close worst case some trinket might need to be farmed

Hahah, and you thought they're not gonna force you into the Maw again or w/e new reputation they have prepared for 9.1 . They learned nothing from azerite.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    I'm not sure they are adding a new socket item.. or it will be from elsewhere. They haven't announced where the new socket item will come from (if there is one).

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest I think you are overreacting. I get items from m+ that I already have on all the time and I can't even use them. Also you have to clear certain key le ela to upgrade them anyway. The only people I really see this being a big deal are the people who already have gear they won't really need to upgrade anyway. Plus.. you have to get the Valor points by doing the dungeons anyway. You will probably get the items again.
    It specifically says "Use: Add a socket to a Shadowlands Season 1 item", and they are not saying anything about changing where you get it from, so the Maw has to be the first and most likely place. They also don't want to get rid of the time sink that is the Maw even though it has been a miserable failure when it comes to getting people to want to play in it.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2021-02-13 at 10:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    What would be super dumb is asking the player base to re-farm all good gear, taking months and months, rather than use item restoration for 10 minutes.

It worked out well enough for when they retroactively added the corruption vendor and let prior loot be upgradeable. I don't see why it would be a problem here. And I don't think they're being mean, I think it's a case of developers no longer playing their own game that much so they don't realise how bad this is.
    They dont need to "refarm all good gear" cause guess what, the players who are the illvl and skill leveling required to get the M+ doen to get the upgrades already have gear higher ilvl then can be upgraded

doing a +10 you get a 220, meaning if now you are doing 10's yo uwill get higher ilvl.
    Corruption gear is nothing like valor upgrades
    corruption vendors was something ONTOP of gear
    valor upgrades are literally just a way to upgrade the ilvl of gear.
    i have lots of M+ gear that even if i got it AFTER 9.0.5 i wouldnt be able to upgrade it, cause its 220 and above.

When valor gear upgrades get added, if you have the +15's required to upgrade to 220, you likely have MOSTLY 220 gear already.
    if you dont, then through the process of getting to all +15's you will get new gear.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Hahah, and you thought they're not gonna force you into the Maw again or w/e new reputation they have prepared for 9.1 . They learned nothing from azerite.
    btw idk if you know but that qoute you have in your signature was not me, the Baneto guy made it to troll me because i was banned and couldnt respond, but nah that wasnt me. you can tell cause that account was perma banned, and if it was me, i would ALSO be perma banned. I dont have alt accounts, nor does the person who pretended to me seem to know how bans work as they imply i was perma banned or something.
    If i had made that post on an alt account when i was banned I would have gotten another ban for ban evading.
    (Although for some reason i am sure you know its not me because you chose to remove the "II" from the name to try and bait)
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Ah so now I see why they released the six month mount deal prior to digital Blizzcon.
    Yes, blizzard changed the date of a global holiday, so that they could release a mount ingame before blizzcon.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-02-13 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, blizzard changed the date of a global holiday, so that they could release a mount ingame before blizzcon.
    So you do understand they could've released that mount without tying it to a deal right? And released a separate six month mount deal after Blizzcon when all this information would've been out and people could make a decision based on what was learned from that? I was explicitly criticising the deal being done prior to all this information coming out, not the mount itself. Plus we know the deal isn't something limited to "holidays".
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So you do understand they could've released that mount without tying it to a deal right? And released a separate six month mount deal after Blizzcon when all this information would've been out and people could make a decision based on what was learned from that? I was explicitly criticising the deal being done prior to all this information coming out, not the mount itself. Plus we know the deal isn't something limited to "holidays".
    They have done this exact same thing for 4 years now.
    Why would they suddenly change it, to only then release a DIFFERENT mount in a couple months?
    If people wanted to wait till blizzcon to see if the 6 month sub is worth it they can, you do know the 6 month promo for the mount is not over till AFTER blizzcon right?
    they do the promo every 6 months, and this one is the same time every year cause this one is limited to the holiday.

So you’d be in the exact same position you’re advocating for if you couldn’t restore them. Re-running the same shit for drops you got two months ago.

I suffered through over 40 DOS’ for the tank trinket. Now I have to do it AGAIN.