Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    t
    My Xbox Series X cost me 500€ and it performs better than pretty much any custom build PC worth 1.5k € (thanks bitcoin miners). I only have a gaming pc because of WoW (I also have a laptop), so if they'd release wow for xbox I could purely play games on console and sell my gaming pc. I'd still play with a mouse and keyboard most of the time though.
    Consoles sell the hardware intentionally at a loss to make it back with profit over games sold at higher pricing. Thats why the hardware is cheaper in comparison. The initial saving are gonna vanish just to pay the fee for online-play.
    Last edited by mbit; 2021-02-04 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Really not defending anyone, I was just baffled by how it (numbers) could be a discussion at all when clear data exists.
    Well tbh you're mostly right, however you probably didn't "follow" the discussion from the beginning.

Who? I only came in here to see if there was a discussion about WoW being brought to consoles. I really can't see that going over well unless Blizzard intends to cut PvP support entirely.
    Why? I am right now above 1.8k in 3s and I've pvp'ed only with a controller lol (and this is the first xpac I am truly pvping). I have several friends who have got glad this way.

Also (Priest at 2.6k rating in 2s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27U_7Yp-3Uo

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Really not defending anyone, I was just baffled by how it (numbers) could be a discussion at all when clear data exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Who? I only came in here to see if there was a discussion about WoW being brought to consoles. I really can't see that going over well unless Blizzard intends to cut PvP support entirely.
    he lives in his own alternate reality where facts are made up
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    Consoles sell the hardware intentionally at a loss to make it back with profit over games sold at higher pricing. Thats why they are cheaper in a direct comparison but the monthly fee for online-play alone will kill your initial savings.
    I have bought like 3 years of xbox live for 60€ dude and have game pass until the end of 2021...

Got this from a christmas sale.

Usually 1 year of xbox live is 60€ alone and that is only for paid games. Free 2 play and I believe sub based games are excluded.

EDIT: However you are right that they sell these console at a loss. This isn't entirely due to their paid services though. Microsoft makes up most of their money through game sales (as they always get a cut) and at this point game pass. Also the hardware costs aren't as expensive to them as they have exclusive deals with AMD. Looking at their latest quarterly reports and the whole controversy of wanting to make xbox live more expensive, it seems like Xbox live gold isn't bringing in them the money they used to.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-02-04 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    Guys if you hate blizzard so fucking much and think they are rotten, greedy, stupid, incompetent, why are you always here , on every thread, ready to take some toxic diarrhea shits all over it. It's kinda pathetic, you know.
    Schhh.... The most fun part with the quarter reports are the crying denials that comes after
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Are you sure there were only 400 Users in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    he lives in his own alternate reality where facts are made up
    You're the biggest manchild on MMOC and this says a lot. I've never seen anyone so far who was afraid to click on the "Reply" button and try to defend his arguments. Don't worry mate, I see your posts even when you're not replying to me lol.

Either way, all you've BS arguments have been disproven and everyone made fun of you already, so it's time to stop for me. Live in denial if you want then, but WoW is doing better than in the last 10 years and it's not because of Classic.

You're the biggest manchild on MMOC and this says a lot. I've never seen anyone so far who was afraid to click on the "Reply" button and try to defend his arguments. Don't worry mate, I see your posts even when you're not replying to me lol.

Either way, all you've BS arguments have been disproven and everyone made fun of you already, so it's time to stop for me. Live in denial if you want then, but WoW is doing better than in the last 10 years and it's not because of Classic.
    you have never even posted a source to your claim
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    tldr
    Classic is carrying the shit out of MAU's
    Prove it. Link showing the MAU breakdown between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    you have never even posted a source to your claim
    Yes I did. You were even tagged...

Alternative facts I guess?

Either way, I've heard and seen enough of you

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw1712 View Post
    Are you sure there were only 400 Users in 2020?
    Well, it's Acti-Blizz users. I don't think they have many services themselves. Still, i think somebody forgot a "million" there.

Very unpredictable. People go in a mental fit discussion about what xpac was best, what xpac had highest sub numbers and wether classic was/is a success or not.

Why does it matter so much to you? Would anything change for you if wow failed? Or has huge success? If wow crashed and burned tomorrow, how would that affect you? if it continues to have huge success the next 10+ years, would you get mad about it? if so, why?

Why does it even matter? I mean, if you hate the game, you wouldnt keep playing it just because 10+ mill people do? Would you quit playing wow if you loved it alot but it had 100k players only?

Millions play candy crush every day and I have zero understanding of why the give a shit about that game. But people apparently do like playing it. Why should I spend my time screaming at people that do? Dont get it.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2021-02-04 at 11:58 PM.

Why? I am right now above 1.8k in 3s and I've pvp'ed only with a controller lol (and this is the first xpac I am truly pvping). I have several friends who have got glad this way.

Also (Priest at 2.6k rating in 2s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27U_7Yp-3Uo
    Suppose it works for slow classes and healers in particular that don't need to have precise control of their direction. I'd like to see a rogue doing this though.

Yes I did. You were even tagged...

Alternative facts I guess?

Either way, I've heard and seen enough of you
    Blizzard financial calls say other wise

https://investor.activision.com/stat...f-e10a1c0119b9

as of 10/2010 WOTLK had 12mil+ subscribers

https://investor.activision.com/stat...5-f1974324af8a

Weeks after Cata launched they said they still had 12million + subscribers. If they had record subs they would have touted it but they never did.
    Last edited by Skandulous; 2021-02-04 at 11:59 PM.

ITT: WoW Classic players talking smack from their dying servers.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    WoW Classic supported half of all WoW subs. I personally disliked Classic and didn't play much past max but the amount of people who actively hate it because it's popular is astounding.

OT: Gaming is dead as fuck from a quality standpoint, they've finally managed to breed a generation of gamers who will eat the most broken, overly-monetized piles of junk and smile asking for more. Especially if people say how broken and overly monetized because they have tied their entire existence, their image and personality to a gaming studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Most retail servers would be dead to if not for cross realm.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    "more premium content" what does that even mean?
    Mounts, Pets other bullshit. Most likely heading for some sort of Pay to win or more likely freemium pay for convenience model. IE, Bag Space and EXP boosts. The games dead from a quality standpoint but as long as Time Played is high, people here will be happy (For some reason?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    I didn't have you in mind specifically, just the guys who come here to obviously push and agenda.
    I entered the topic thinking it will be a conversation about possible console ports or new IPs. Instead I see the same old ramble that is in every thread of the kind.
    It is just them trying to troll but not doing it very elegantly. Shit gets tiring at this point and it would be better off to just ban those people. We already dealt with a shitload of Classic vs. Retail a long time ago and that is far behind us now, time to move the hell on.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funniest thing in the these investor calls is seeing WoW being successful and these boards doing some olympic level mental gymnastics to prove that actually no, WOW IS DYING!
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines