Thread: Weapon woes

Weapon woes

Having missed all of BfA, I've still been using my Claws of Ursoc going into SL. The Claws have a listed dps of 10.8 / 10.8.

The Bone-Bound Knuckles, SL Leatherworking crafted, show as 14.2 dps. My EquipCompare addon shows a +3.5 dps increase. The problem is, using the Claws for so long made me forget that druids are not allowed to dual-wield.

So I'm looking into asking a guildmate to craft a Ceremonious Spear for me. This shows as 18.9 dps. But EquipCompare shows a LOSS of -2.6 dps, even though there's a +7 agility gain and +16 stamina gain.

This makes no sense? Unless there's a glitch in EquipCompare that's counting two Bone-Bound Knuckles, even though they cannot be dual wielded? And WHAT, exactly, is the net DPS of the Claws of Ursoc? 10.8, or 21.6 counting both?

If only one Bone-Bound Knuckles can be wielded, what gives me the most dps for my buck? Do the Claws of Ursoc hit harder than the Ceremonious Spear?

This is for regular questing and leveling in SL Zones. My druid is level 53, leveling in Guardian spec. Yes, Guardian is about taking damage, not dealing it, but that's when doing group content. I'm talking about solo leveling and questing.

I think you're overthinking levelling gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    Having missed all of BfA, I've still been using my Claws of Ursoc going into SL. The Claws have a listed dps of 10.8 / 10.8.

The Bone-Bound Knuckles, SL Leatherworking crafted, show as 14.2 dps. My EquipCompare addon shows a +3.5 dps increase. The problem is, using the Claws for so long made me forget that druids are not allowed to dual-wield.

So I'm looking into asking a guildmate to craft a Ceremonious Spear for me. This shows as 18.9 dps. But EquipCompare shows a LOSS of -2.6 dps, even though there's a +7 agility gain and +16 stamina gain.

This makes no sense? Unless there's a glitch in EquipCompare that's counting two Bone-Bound Knuckles, even though they cannot be dual wielded? And WHAT, exactly, is the net DPS of the Claws of Ursoc? 10.8, or 21.6 counting both?

If only one Bone-Bound Knuckles can be wielded, what gives me the most dps for my buck? Do the Claws of Ursoc hit harder than the Ceremonious Spear?

This is for regular questing and leveling in SL Zones. My druid is level 53, leveling in Guardian spec. Yes, Guardian is about taking damage, not dealing it, but that's when doing group content. I'm talking about solo leveling and questing.
    Higher ilvl is always better for weapons, so equip your highest ilvl agi weapon.

Who the f cares this much about leveling gear?

You'll replace your weapons in the first couple of hours from quests, why do you care so much.

If all you want to know is why I care, I don't know why you're commenting.

Actually, yes I do, but you'll throw tantrums if I type it out, so I'll just ignore you.

Anyone have a serious answer?

The serious answer is that it doesnt matter

The reason that's the overwhelming answer is because it will quickly be replaced, and it's not going to make or break your damage either way. I distinctly remember successfully questing for a while on my druid but noticed damage felt a bit low, at which point I noticed that I'd forgotten to switch back to an agi weapon after healing a dungeon. I effectively didn't have a weapon equipped and didn't notice for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    If all you want to know is why I care, I don't know why you're commenting.

Actually, yes I do, but you'll throw tantrums if I type it out, so I'll just ignore you.

Anyone have a serious answer?
    You got several good answers:
    1. Doesn't matter while you level
    2. Equip highest ilvl weapon (which is appropriate for your spec - agi for bear)

If you really want to min-max your levelling experience
    then you should sim your character each time you get a new item, so now you have a 3rd answer: Sim yourself