Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    IDK, I have a feeling if the "Shadow Campaign" and "Cabal" (Molly's words) were headed by people born in Russia this would be considered the worst election manipulation and garner a serious congressional inquiry and occupy LITERALLY years of oxygen in Washington and the media. We would be told it was LITERALLY an attack and act of WAR!
    Y'all are really still salty that the impression of majoritarian support for your little ethnostate project was mostly a mirage run out of Fox News and Russian troll farms, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I thought you said that they were Russian born? I checked a few names and they didn't seem to be.

What if they were Russian born? That's not evidence they were Russian agents or affiliated with Russia now. Unlike say, the IRA and the Russians with ties to the Kremlin actually caught interfering with the 2016 election. And like Butina being a honeypot for gun-loving conservative political influencers.

This is an incredibly bad take.
    Lol, still on it. Dude, people such as yourself were calling facebook memes an act of war for four straight years. Come off it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't blame me, this is all Molly's choice of words. Plus, I have a strong sense that if what is being proudly celebrated in this article involved say some people with a Russian surname, this would be considered dangerous interference and an act of war and damaging to democracy.
    My name is Russia... you are wrong...

Although, my gf does regularly complain that she lives with a Russian troll... /shrug
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Lol, still on it. Dude, people such as yourself were calling facebook memes an act of war for four straight years. Come off it.
    This is not a response to anything I pointed out. I'm not sure why you even bothered posting this considering it's not true as far as my memory serves, though if you've been bookmarking my posts feel free to link one and I'll be happy to look at it and see if I still stand by it or if I was an idiot years ago.

Still not sure what's so nefarious about groups coming together to try to protect the election? At least as far as I really got into this article because I'm still brewing some covfefe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m a Russian immigrant... wtf are you talking about? Edge has not seemed to be scared of me or what ever shit you are pushing...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realise that high horse of yours looks a little febrile when we contextualise this nonsense with your usual fallback excuse of "well even if the FBI and CIA are correct about Russian disinformation campaigns on social media, it's nothing the US hasn't done in Latin America/Africa/Southeast Asia previously", yeah? Rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You do realise that high horse of yours looks a little febrile when we contextualise this nonsense with your usual fallback excuse of "well even if the FBI and CIA are correct about Russian disinformation campaigns on social media, it's nothing the US hasn't done in Latin America/Africa/Southeast Asia previously", yeah? Rofl.
    .. or that Newsome is conspiring to use a “fake” covid crisis, as a way to get big tech into your home... posted on an iPhone...

7+ Year Old Account
    This is not a response to anything I pointed out. I'm not sure why you even bothered posting this considering it's not true as far as my memory serves, though if you've been bookmarking my posts feel free to link one and I'll be happy to look at it and see if I still stand by it or if I was an idiot years ago.

Still not sure what's so nefarious about groups coming together to try to protect the election? At least as far as I really got into this article because I'm still brewing some covfefe.
    First, yes, you did use "Act of War" as your own words:
    So you have Democrats calling Russia's attack on the US elections an act of war. Which it kinda is.
    Second, so some meme's are a literal act of war, but per the TIME's own description, a "Shadow Campaign" a "Cabal" and a "Conspiracy" of Industry titans, media heads, and philanthropic NGO's all working and controlling information is..... what? Normal? Fine?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I’m a Russian immigrant... wtf are you talking about? Edge has not seemed to be scared of me or what ever shit you are pushing...
    Secretly, I have nightmares about you. Since I don't know what you look like you take amorphous shapes, varied in texture but always repulsive, with an infinite number of shadowy colors rotating endlessly.

And tentacles. You have tentacles.

Don't ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second, so some meme's are a literal act of war, but per the TIME's own description, a "Shadow Campaign" a "Cabal" and a "Conspiracy" of Industry titans, media heads, and philanthropic NGO's all working and controlling information is..... what? Normal? Fine?
    500000 registration records stolen and money funneled into election, which resulted in Trump pardons. Those memes? The memes Trump supporters use to distract from his failures or the campaign members being pardoned?

Don't blame me, this is all Molly's choice of words. Plus, I have a strong sense that if what is being proudly celebrated in this article involved say some people with a Russian surname, this would be considered dangerous interference and an act of war and damaging to democracy.
    I am sure you have that strong sense. I am also sure, that you are completely aware of the nuance between a foreign state actor acting in a way to undermine democracy through lies and deceit, is not the same as a foreign actor acting to uphold democratic systems.

Guess what, even my country is a foreign actor in that regard. Which, you should probably consider the notion that other countries, who have aid programs to help the fair democratic process, that is usually aimed at corrupt and failed third world countries, suddenly sending that kind of aid towards the US; is not exactly something one should be particularly proud off and should probably indicate something is wrong.

But of course, that's not the case. It is that there is a global and shadowy elite, backing the democrats (who are just as evil as the Republicans, if not more evil, because they are shadowy and hide behind the notions of wanting to do some actual good things). And we are all here to witness you expose this grand conspiracy, and we will all help you take down those evil doing shadowy democrats - satisficed?
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secretly, I have nightmares about you. Since I don't know what you look like you take amorphous shapes, varied in texture but always repulsive, with an infinite number of shadowy colors rotating endlessly.

And tentacles. You have tentacles.

Don't ask.
    Reminds me of Shackler... ‘this will make lives harder for Russian Americans’... Harder? Do you know how many ‘let me call Trump’ Russian jokes I’ve made the last 5 years?

"Which it kinda is." damn, look at the seriousness and certitude with which I posted. Clearly, you got me. Especially considering that's a part of a larger discussion about Democrats angling for a hot-war with Russia, which they were absolutely. Mind you, I hold that view for any country interfering in another countries election. Even the US. I don't support that shit either.

And it's not about "memes", though I'm not surprised to see you intentionally downplay it. It was a coordinated effort backed by the Kremlin to interfere with a US election through social media and other methods, including hacking and weaponizing Wikileaks.

You'd know this if you read the Mueller Report, which I'm not surprised to see you either haven't or you've forgotten completely by now.

You're focused to much on the individual words and not those words in context Theo.

What's the big bad thing they did, specifically? Work to protect the election from interference? That's as far as I got in the article, so if there's a more sensational claim lay it on me. My body is ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretend it’s US interfering with someone’s elections... have a problem with it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    (Source)

I am sure the ability of a secretive "Cabal" (Their word) of corporate and philanthropic backers operating in the shadows to "steer media coverage and control the flow of information" (Again, their phrase from TIME journalist) is not in any way insidious or negative... 'totes a good thing right?
    Contextually, it's regarding fake news and lies, so not the super insidious conspiracy that you are trying to make it out to be. Of course, corporate media does have an agenda and does wield undue influence and manipulates public perception either way. I don't think this is the smoking gun you are looking for though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I almost feel bad for Theo. She's gone deeper and deeper into the bullshit hole, and I'm not sure she knows how to get back out. Does she even want to anymore?
    Hassan... this is the Trump coomers that Piker keeps flipping, with his broad shoulders and tiny baby head. lulz...

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Contextually
    What do you think you're doing, bringing context into a discussion where you can just pull some out-of-context quotes that seem so nefarious!

“Within days after the election, we witnessed an orchestrated effort to anoint the winner, even while many key states were still being counted.”
    No effort was made to appoint people he fucking lost. Why the fuck are people still trying "the media doesn't appoint presidents!" line like it ever meant anything?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Contextually, it's regarding fake news and lies, so not the super insidious conspiracy that you are trying to make it out to be. Of course, corporate media does have an agenda and does wield undue influence and manipulates public perception either way. I don't think this is the smoking gun you are looking for though.
    Ah! I am sure a shadowy clique of corporate magnates and oligarchs are very trustworthy on that front. Quick check, if it was Russians?

Ah! I am sure a shadowy clique of corporate magnates and oligarchs are very trustworthy on that front. Quick check, if it was Russians?
    Is everything some sort of conspiracy with you, nowadays?