Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So a boring grind of a faction rep to exalted is better then 3.5 weeks of boring WQ's? It took about the same amount of time as it would for a full set of anima transmog. Weird how one is a better method when it is pretty much the same daily effort required. Of course I don't like your opinion because it is wrong and based on stupid claims that don't hold any weight when put under even a little scrutiny.

    You collected a couple of them on alts because you had an entire expansion of time to do them. Including a future patch that increased how quick you could get them. You are still complaning that you can't get the stuff now even though it only takes 3.5 weeks of daily effort. If you don't even care about the sets or upgrades why is there a rush to get them? Anything similar in the future will be matched with an equal lack of interest to do the content.

    There is no reason to agree to disagree. Several of the reasons you've used are just flat out wrong. And why infer that I am somehow incapable of doing something just because I'm having a discussion with you? You posted something that I find to be wrong. It is weird that you are incapable of leaving it at that and somehow have to make it about you and anyone who disagree's with you as having an issue.

    I just logged on for the first time today and there is 1480 worth of Anima from 13 total WQ's. That will take around an hour to do. That really isn't that big of a deal when the longest time spent is on travel rather then the actual WQ's. The 250 arena one that is up can even get an extra 105 by doing the daily quest. Only one of those is unlocked by a Sanctum upgrade.

    The underlying issue isn't the amount of anima you can get. It is not wanting to do the content but wanting the reward all the same. That is a bad way to cater to game design because it gets harder and harder to live up to it or dial it back. As is being seen with the problem a lot have with a lack of loot in Shadowlands.
    Or maybe because Suramar rep could mostly be done at my pace rather than daily locked, after a couple weeks when the timegates were lifted and even faster when the questline was expanded in 7.1, and featured neat story quests instead of being the same type of 20 bear asses world quests we've been doing since vanilla spread over an entire map that takes too long to travel to and from, one of my complaints with SL?

    The part of the equation you're missing is how interesting the content is in and of itself. You keep trying to frame it as it being not so bad because it'll only take X hours but that's not a very compelling argument if it's X hours of boredom rather than a similar amount (less, in actuality) hours of something that's fairly interesting. Yes, such things are subjective, which is why it's my opinion that I've never presented as anything else, which is why I'm puzzled as to why you're still trying to prove me wrong somehow.

    Take it to PMs if you wish to continue this for some reason or another, I've no wish to clog up the thread with this discussion.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Or maybe because Suramar rep could mostly be done at my pace rather than daily locked, after a couple weeks when the timegates were lifted and even faster when the questline was expanded in 7.1, and featured neat story quests instead of being the same type of 20 bear asses world quests we've been doing since vanilla spread over an entire map that takes too long to travel to and from, one of my complaints with SL?
    See now you are just being dishonest. You couldn't do the rep at your own pace because you were limited on the things you could do daily or even weekly because of things like the scenario. 7.1 is irrelevant because you don't know what 9.1 will bring for Anima gain. Blizzard doesn't even have to use it going forward and can just do a "9.1 exclusive currency" for anything add in 9.1. Just like N'zoth stuff didn't use war resources but had their own currencies to gather.

    The story quests only got you so far though. Which meant you still had to grind out the reputation from revered to exalted the old fashioned way. You giving months to justify how one thing is acceptable but not doing the same for Anima is silly. Of course things will be easier if you don't compare them at equal points in the expansion for each system.

    I'm not missing anything about how the content not being interesting is the issue. That is entirely what I've been saying is the issue and not the rewards you get. Any amount of reward will seem not worth it if you don't like the content you are doing. And what do you buy with Anima? Cosmetics or more of that same content you already call boring. The grind is not a grind at all and it isn't that bad to gain the Anima you need regardless of how compelling the content is. I'm sitting at 15,088. I can't buy my next 10k upgrade until next week. And after that I have to wait at least two weeks for souls to buy the next one (skipping the mission table level 3 reduced time isn't worth it compared to the Covenant specials). Anima gain isn't an issue if you actually play the game.

    Of course all of this is your opinion. Just as my responses are mine? If you find it puzzling that I keep countering your opinion and calling it wrong then why are you not equally puzzled that you have been doing the exact same thing to me? Why is it that people always fall back on saying one person is wrong for doing the same thing they are doing? If you don't want to discuss anymore then just don't reply. There is no need for implied insults or demeaning remarks. And the real kicker is you saying to take it to a DM just so you could get your last word in as if you are superior. Weird right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The anima is there is people want to actually play the game. If you don't want to play the game then there is little reason to have enough Anima to buy the upgrades (or cosmetics) in the first place.
    Playing the game /= doing world quests. There is a TON more to do and you're still "playing the game" (can't believe I have to explain this). Before this fix, anima was only really available from a very narrow aspect of the game: WQs. Outside of WQs it is few and far between. There's no reason anima should only come from this aspect of the game. The shadowlands is full of anima and engaging, and putting your time into any part of it should award it, not just one aspect that very few ppl even enjoy. Glad the devs agree.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2021-02-06 at 04:16 AM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Playing the game /= doing world quests. There is a TON more to do. Before this fix, anima was only really available from a very narrow aspect of the game: WQs. Outside of WQs it is few and far between. There's no reason anima should only come from this aspect of the game. The shadowlands is full of anima and engaging any part of it should award it, not just one aspect that very few ppl even enjoy.
    World quests are a large part of the game because it is the primary driver of world content. Yes it isn't the only part of the game but it is still a major part. The entire non-instance end game content model revovles around World Quests and their equivalents in dailies, rares, chests, and what not. There is a big reason for why Anima should primarily come from World Quests. That is the content it unlocks and the content that gets reward from those tasks.

    Have you not noticed the large number of buffs that only function in the open world? Both bought like with infused rubies in Revendreth or rewarded from completing things anima unlocks? It is all designed as an ecosystem. The more anima you get the more you can unlock which gives you more things to do. You are also drastically under estimating the popularity of world quests and open world content.

    Other methods do reward Anima they just are not efficient. There is nothing wrong with the most efficient way of gaining a currency to be from the primary type of content that currency is used for. Your argument also falls apart because I don't see anyone arguing for Conquest and Honor to be gained from raids and dungeons. It wouldn't make much sense for that to be the case would it? Same principle except Anima is seen as far more valuable even though the people that see it that way don't even care about doing the content it is valuable for.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    World quests are a large part of the game because it is the primary driver of world content. Yes it isn't the only part of the game but it is still a major part. The entire non-instance end game content model revovles around World Quests and their equivalents in dailies, rares, chests, and what not. There is a big reason for why Anima should primarily come from World Quests. That is the content it unlocks and the content that gets reward from those tasks.

    Have you not noticed the large number of buffs that only function in the open world? Both bought like with infused rubies in Revendreth or rewarded from completing things anima unlocks? It is all designed as an ecosystem. The more anima you get the more you can unlock which gives you more things to do. You are also drastically under estimating the popularity of world quests and open world content.

    Other methods do reward Anima they just are not efficient. There is nothing wrong with the most efficient way of gaining a currency to be from the primary type of content that currency is used for. Your argument also falls apart because I don't see anyone arguing for Conquest and Honor to be gained from raids and dungeons. It wouldn't make much sense for that to be the case would it? Same principle except Anima is seen as far more valuable even though the people that see it that way don't even care about doing the content it is valuable for.
    They aren't removing anima from world quests....all that will still be there. And I feel you don't seem to understand what anima actually is? It makes no sense that conquering a dungeon or killing a boss in CN wouldn't award it, but looting 10 pine cones or killing some mobs in Ardenwield does. WQs will still be an efficient and near endless way to get anima, it simply shouldn't make up the absolute VAST majority of it. It's a universal reward for engaging the realm of the shadowlands. The realm is practically made of it! If I champion my faction, I should be allowed access to the cosmetic rewards they offer, whether I'm doing WQs, dungeons, raids, or a combination of all of them.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2021-02-06 at 04:39 AM.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    They aren't removing anima from world quests....all that will still be there. And I feel you don't seem to understand what anima actually is? It makes no sense that conquering a dungeon or killing a boss in CN wouldn't award it, but looting 10 pine cones or killing some mobs in Ardenwield does. WQs will still be an efficient and near endless way to get anima, it simply shouldn't make up the absolute VAST majority of it. It's a universal reward for engaging the realm of the shadowlands. The realm is practically made of it! If I champion my faction, I should be allowed access to the cosmetic rewards they offer, whether I'm doing WQs, dungeons, raids, or a combination of all of them.
    There are no lore reasons for gaining Anima that makes sense. It is dumb for you to even try to make that argument. You do realize that we defeated, even in LFR, an entire castle full of Anima? Lore has no bearing on this discussion. Mechanics ignore lore when convient which is also why we can run the same dungeons, world quests, and what not as many times as we want.

    Not to mention that lore still fits open world content as the primary source. Because the people of each zone already farm/gain Anima from sources in each zone. The pinecones you dismiss is an actual way in lore that Anima has been gathered. Just like Revendreth has infused stones, wells, souls, etc that are all natural sources of Anima. Most WQ are close to lore then dungeons are. And if you are the champion of that faction wouldn't you be primarily helping in those "renewable" points of interest rather then a dungeon that is cleared only once in lore?

    WQ's are not an endless way to gain Anima. You don't seem to understand how they spawn on a fixed schedule at certain points of time each day. You also are not guarenteed the same amount of WQ's rewarding Anima. Some days you can gain 750 and others like today you can gain 1400. It averages does easily average out to 7k a week though. Dungeons would be endless since you can repeat them as many times as you want. So if rewards become even greater then the recent hotfix it runs the risk of shifting the entire ecosystem of open world content just to farming instances.

    Which defeats the entire point of the system revolving around open world content and engaging in that open world content. You also over look how grateful offerings can only be obtained from world content specifically that unlocked by the Anima Conductor. You don't need it yourself since you can kill the rares others summon and earn them. But you can't get the transmog set with out it and for those still missing the legendary memories you can also buy a book that teaches you a memory for your class that you do not have yet.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-02-06 at 05:35 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #87
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,665
    Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    They need to add it elsewhere too. Spent 2 days on alt catching up with renown and still at 30/1000 for weekly. Anima should be a reward for doing any activity in-game.
    World Boss - 250 anima
    2 x weekly dungeon quests - 350 anima
    Big elite world quest - 250 anima (there can be multiple of these a week)
    World quests in general - between 35 and 140 anima

  8. #88
    Legendary! Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    6,958
    Too bad it's literally useless except for speeding up the 1000 anima bullshit weekly.

  9. #89
    And once again Blizzard listens to the community and fixes in record time. Good on them.

  10. #90
    Anima is a currency for casual non-group related gameplay, so of course those people that do group-oriented gameplay whined that they weren't getting enough of it from their already overly-rewarding content. And now they'll be able to more easily purchase the content that they already don't care for that was intended for the people that don't do group content. Baffling.

    Blizzard just can't help itself from fawning over manually-grouped content as the only thing worth a damn in their game.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Blizzard just can't help itself from fawning over manually-grouped content as the only thing worth a damn in their game.
    Damn MMORPG makers and their filthy multiplayer incentives.
    Last edited by Atharaxie; 2021-02-06 at 10:24 AM.

  12. #92
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,595
    I enjoy how the People complaining about this *STILL* are just literally never happy with the game. Move on.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    They need to add it elsewhere too. Spent 2 days on alt catching up with renown and still at 30/1000 for weekly. Anima should be a reward for doing any activity in-game.
    What an amazingly bad lie that is. ONE WQ rewards more. Also there are weekly quests that gives you 250, WQs that gives you 250 and the world boss gives you 250. So just stop.

    ------------------

    However, is 2-3 rare anima rewards enough (70-105 anima) for doing a m+ and not getting an item? Fuck no. M+ just seems like a huge waste of time, literally spent an evening doing it without getting a reward (luckily one of my mates got a neck he didn need so he could trade me). PvE rewards just feels meh in SL. Most of my gear is from PvP atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    What an amazingly bad lie that is. ONE WQ rewards more. Also there are weekly quests that gives you 250, WQs that gives you 250 and the world boss gives you 250. So just stop.
    Tell me where I lied. Come on. Quote the lie.

  15. #95
    "There are no lore reasons for gaining Anima that makes sense."

    Ermm what? There is anima starving on each covenant due the betrayal of Denarius who channeled all the anima into the Maw....To replenish the stock (aka collect it for the covenants to survive) is top 1 necessity BY LORE..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Tell me where I lied. Come on. Quote the lie.
    "30/100" 1. random dungeon/day , 1 WQ, 1 BG....gives more as 35 is the smallest value for them...From rare mobs and chests you can get 5 anima worth tokens, but not from WQ or the 1. dungeon/day....Almost impossible to play the game and do not receive more than 30....

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Anima comes from souls that pass into the afterlife. I still haven't figure why the covenants haven't figure out to just grab the souls that are heading into the maw so they have their fuel cells. Then sort out where they need to go after we fix everything.
    That's the point they can't grab those souls and they don't know where to put them.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

  17. #97
    Erm who cares? What kind of nonsense change is that?

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post

    "30/100" 1. random dungeon/day , 1 WQ, 1 BG....gives more as 35 is the smallest value for them...From rare mobs and chests you can get 5 anima worth tokens, but not from WQ or the 1. dungeon/day....Almost impossible to play the game and do not receive more than 30....
    ROFL. You say in your OWN reply that you get 5 anima worth tokens. Here's a hard one for you, what is 5 x 6?

  19. #99
    Anima is a completely irrelevant currency. They could tenfold the drop rate and it would still not make it relevant in any form

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Ermm what? There is anima starving on each covenant due the betrayal of Denarius who channeled all the anima into the Maw....To replenish the stock (aka collect it for the covenants to survive) is top 1 necessity BY LORE..
    Of course it is top priority but the context of the statement was in terms of mechanics. If lore was as plentiful as it was based on dungeons, world quests, and the raids we've cleared then it wouldn't be a shortage for Covenants or at least the Venthyr (since they re-took the castle in the raid). Lore doesn't make sense when viewing it under the lens of the mechanics stuff we do.

    Do the activities we do have a basis in lore? Yes. But repeating them for months do not and a shortage doesn't make sense in the context of all the mechanics there are.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    ROFL. You say in your OWN reply that you get 5 anima worth tokens. Here's a hard one for you, what is 5 x 6?
    You have to go out of your way to "catch up on an alt" over two days and loot one chest, kill a rare, or other minor activity to only get the 5 anima tokens.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •