Poll: Who should be the next leaders of the night elves, if not Tyrande and Malfurion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would like to see a council with Maiev, Shandris and some druid (maybe Broll Bearmantle). Have Maiev lead the night elves with Shandris being the diplomatic and Broll leading the druids.

I would also love to see Illidan Stormrage as the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Azhara could have been a good Night Elf leader because unlike the other two she would be ruthless finding a way to deal 4 times the blow of Teldrassil to the Horde. But then you would have some certain posters crying about how she went too far and want her head just like Jaina.
    this.

I would put Queen Azshara as being the leader of the Night Elves again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

In the book Shandris showed capability for diplomacy even while under the same overwhelming emotions as the rest due to what happened to Teldrassil. That goes against the stubborn pride typical to night elves, so she's an easy pick for me. Since Jarod was included with Shandris in the poll, yeah, why not, he's shown to be a savvy general.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterwinter View Post
    In my opinion - answering the question OP has put forward I would personally want Shandris as the new leader.
    Shandris is too much of a human sycophant and human policies clearly not line up with what night elves need. So hard no on her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    In the book Shandris showed capability for diplomacy even while under the same overwhelming emotions as the rest due to what happened to Teldrassil. That goes against the stubborn pride typical to night elves, so she's an easy pick for me. Since Jarod was included with Shandris in the poll, yeah, why not, he's shown to be a savvy general.
    Yeah, because living as human vassals and suckers of the horde is sooo much better then being proud and stubborn. Its just Blizz lack of spine to write elves as anything but weak, whimpering victims which is hurting them, not their “pride”.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Yeah, because living as human vassals and suckers of the horde is sooo much better then being proud and stubborn. Its just Blizz lack of spine to write elves as anything but weak, whimpering victims which is hurting them, not their “pride”.
    Then again I don't really care if the night elves were swallowed by the earth. As a Horde guy I see Shandris as a leader figure we can work with, while the rest are next to impossible. In fact, that's also true from non-night elf Alliance perspective. Their racial nature of being stuck up af is a really off-putting trait for anyone.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep Malfurion and Tyrande. They are too iconic
    If they HAVE to be replaced, then Jarod Shadowsong
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Maiev.

An actual night elf who is for the night elves, who holds their best interests at heart, a ferocious warrior (I honestly think Maiev should have been the Night Warrior - she'd have Sylvanas trembling) and truly, a character that doesn't care about pleasing Humans.
    She'd bring the Night Elves to a place, that made me like them.
    And if I'm not misremembering, Maiev was going to be the Night Warrior, but later they came to the conclusion that it would make more sense for them to be Tyrande. I still think it would have fit Maiev better, her ruthlessness, her personality, and she did have the shade of vengeance spell from warcraft 3,

5+ Year Old Account
    Then again I don't really care if the night elves were swallowed by the earth. As a Horde guy I see Shandris as a leader figure we can work with, while the rest are next to impossible. In fact, that's also true from non-night elf Alliance perspective. Their racial nature of being stuck up af is a really off-putting trait for anyone.
    Shandris is one of the 23402643812587 Anduin clones already in the game, we certainly don't need any more of them in positions of power if the game is going to keep the name of WARcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Not really. Forsaken are downright insane, arrogant and omnicidal, zandalari as stuck up as night elves, blood elves are stuck up and always pretend to be better then they are, nightborne are definition of snobbish. However only night elves are constantly beaten down and mistreated because of their "stuck up nature" which btw is less then that of other similar races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Shandris is one of the 23402643812587 Anduin clones already in the game, we certainly don't need any more of them in positions of power if the game is going to keep the name of WARcraft.
    And so far when they tried to do a "war expansion" they created single worst expack in the history of WoW which says a lot since we had WoD before. Dosent really... inspires confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Keep Malfurion and Tyrande. They are too iconic
    If they HAVE to be replaced, then Jarod Shadowsong
    they're too powerful to really remain in the story. They have the power to individually walk over basically every nation and stand atop the mess as overlords... but the lore seems to forget this while still ramping Tyrande to even greater power levels held in check solely by her singular focus of vengeance on a single individual.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    they're too powerful to really remain in the story. They have the power to individually walk over basically every nation and stand atop the mess as overlords... but the lore seems to forget this while still ramping Tyrande to even greater power levels held in check solely by her singular focus of vengeance on a single individual.
    And both of them got stalled and "tactically defeated" by Nathanos of all people. Achieved nothing and only won Darkshore... because a dude asked that on Blizzcon interview and whatever dev was there decided to "hand" a win to Alliance. If he was instead eating hot dogs or, idk, asked about murlock mating rituals we wouldnt have got even that much. Otherwise - if they are so "powerful" then at LEAST let them show that power before killing them off and casting one of them as insane maniac out of her mind for... Being angry about genocide.

And both of them got stalled and "tactically defeated" by Nathanos of all people. Achieved nothing and only won Darkshore... because a dude asked that on Blizzcon interview and whatever dev was there decided to "hand" a win to Alliance. If he was instead eating hot dogs or, idk, asked about murlock mating rituals we wouldnt have got even that much. Otherwise - if they are so "powerful" then at LEAST let them show that power before killing them off and casting one of them as insane maniac out of her mind for... Being angry about genocide.
    power scaling in poorly thought out storylines is bad. This is what happens when you have litteral walking apocalypses on one side and refuse to let things play out as expected. Problem is that if they're consistent with the power levels... Malfurion and Tyrande shouldn't be stoppable by any force save /plot or Anduin trying to talk-no-jutsu.

Do they even need a leader at this point? They must be at the level of Alliance Pandaren population wise at this point.

I see Shandris as a leader figure we can work with, while the rest are next to impossible.
    This. This is why Shandris has my vote, but not necessarily beside Jarod.

But truly, Shandris is the one that serves my hopes for the game: One with an optional faction divide. "Green man look different" became obsolete the moment we opened the planescape pandora's box with shadowlands. Terrestrial Race/Turf wars are officially peanuts. I suspect the debt of Teldrassil will be repaid on a massively cosmic scale, not at the horde's expense, not within petty vengeance, and terrestrial race wars will remain in chromie time where they belong. The night elf leader for that period, for that future where the War in Warcraft is planar, is either the night warrior or her daughter. The latter serves a logistically optional faction divide.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-02-08 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    This. This is why Shandris has my vote, but not necessarily beside Jarod.

But truly, Shandris is the one that serves my hopes for the game: One with an optional faction divide. "Green man look different" became obsolete the moment we opened the planescape pandora's box with shadowlands. Terrestrial Race/Turf wars are officially peanuts. I suspect the debt of Teldrassil will be repaid on a massively cosmic scale, not at the horde's expense, not within petty vengeance, and terrestrial race wars will remain in chromie time where they belong. The night elf leader for that period, for that future where the War in Warcraft is planar, is either the night warrior or her daughter.
    Considering that we are heading at full steam towards “sylvanas redemption” ending, best we could do is save a few souls from the Maw and horde got entirely off the hook without either vengeance or reparations then i say - fuck them. Night elves should rather die then ever acknowledge any horde race as anything other then feetilizer or mindless enemies. There was and will never be any justice or retribution or “karmic law” so at the very least spare us from cooperating with those genocidal imbeciles.

- - - Updated - - -

power scaling in poorly thought out storylines is bad. This is what happens when you have litteral walking apocalypses on one side and refuse to let things play out as expected. Problem is that if they're consistent with the power levels... Malfurion and Tyrande shouldn't be stoppable by any force save /plot or Anduin trying to talk-no-jutsu.
    And thats why night elves were reduced to only having Ashenvale, Teldrassil and “your leaders are hella stronk!” Story points. Ancient history? Carted away with Nightborne to the Horde. Druidism? Watered down and mostly done as a “multi-racial, all inclusive” Cenarion Circle.

And then they took away Ashenvale.

Burned Teldrassil.

And dumped on both leaders at the same time.

And all we ever wanted was to just have our fucken forest and to live in it alone. That was about it. But nooo, that was too good i guess.

Considering that we are heading at full steam towards “sylvanas redemption” ending, best we could do is save a few souls from the Maw and horde got entirely off the hook without either vengeance or reparations then i say - fuck them. Night elves should rather die then ever acknowledge any horde race as anything other then feetilizer or mindless enemies. There was and will never be any justice or retribution or “karmic law” so at the very least spare us from cooperating with those genocidal imbeciles.
    Operative word in my post: OPTIONAL faction divide. You can RP endless hate, most of my characters roll their eyes at the state Azeroth is in due to the race war. The player has a much bigger picture view of things now, and it's easy to transition even a nightelf character into seeing a bigger picture. Or not. Again, optional.

And thats why night elves were reduced to only having Ashenvale, Teldrassil and “your leaders are hella stronk!” Story points. Ancient history? Carted away with Nightborne to the Horde. Druidism? Watered down and mostly done as a “multi-racial, all inclusive” Cenarion Circle.

And then they took away Ashenvale.

Burned Teldrassil.

And dumped on both leaders at the same time.

And all we ever wanted was to just have our fucken forest and to live in it alone. That was about it. But nooo, that was too good i guess.
    and none of this really works as a justification for having characters on a power scale that makes the demon lords that could literally wipe out the planet seem lacking.

If anything it's an observation that the story isn't utilizing elements properly. We have two factions that are supposed to be in some sort of believable conflict where netiehr side can gain the upper hand... one side has numbers, millenia of experience, and power players that can literally wreck the world....

and none of this really works as a justification for having characters on a power scale that makes the demon lords that could literally wipe out the planet seem lacking.

If anything it's an observation that the story isn't utilizing elements properly. We have two factions that are supposed to be in some sort of believable conflict where netiehr side can gain the upper hand... one side has numbers, millenia of experience, and power players that can literally wreck the world....
    And yet one faction constantly presented as whimpy, pathetic and downright cucked. Your arguments ate invalid as long as Alliance remains a sucker faction and a punching bag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Operative word in my post: OPTIONAL faction divide. You can RP endless hate, most of my characters roll their eyes at the state Azeroth is in due to the race war. The player has a much bigger picture view of things now, and it's easy to transition even a nightelf character into seeing a bigger picture. Or not. Again, optional.
    You serious now? After their race was pretty much pushed down the “eventual extinction” stairwell due to a genocide?

No. As long as horde remains unpunished or night elves does not get some kind if recompense for all their civilians killed there is no feasible way for them to forgive the horde realistically or horde races.

And yet one faction constantly presented as whimpy, pathetic and downright cucked. Your arguments ate invalid as long as Alliance remains a sucker faction and a punching bag.
    and yet the "whimpy, pathetic and downright cucked" faction has managed to keep it's original cast for the past decade.

edit:

kind of hard to get annoyed about how one appears when the alternative look is removal via /plot with redemption viewed as a joke.

edit 2:

forgot that the redemption is a joke because one side's self interest is 100% always twisted into looking terrible for everyone else. to include when other people start wars and your side gets called a warmonger for not rolling over and fighting back.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2021-02-08 at 10:34 PM.