Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Worst part of WW is the ramp up for AoE, if you need to do AoE on mobs with low hp, you're not helping your team because every other class got instant high spamable AoE, monks not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

The 'never use the same spell twice in a row' playstyle of WW is what makes it fun IMO because it's quite fluid and doesn't suffer from as much repetitiveness of some other specs. My biggest struggle still is utilizing Karma/Diffuse Magic to the best of their effect to get the most damage out. It's the one small frustration I feel is if you want to be up there on bosses you really gotta use those to the best of their effect which goes against some of my thinking that I wanna save the defensives for those tricky situations that might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    although the spec has been nerfed due to them fixing bugs that decreases our damage into the ground and now we the worst dps class in the game after patch 9.05.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...s/26/#region=1 --patch 9
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26/# --patch 9.05
    My WW is where i go when my BMhunter main is unusable... WW is by far not the worst DPS class in the game. you have no idea how good WW has it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    t's a dumb, gimmicky spec that lost all its flavour thanks to the Legion reworks.
    You just summed up Paladin, Rogue and Demo Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by RamenBowl View Post
    True, but demo is fun atm. It's just sad that you're bound to one viable talent in the last row that completely dictates your playstyle.

WW isn't even difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    There is no difficult classes in the game anymore.
    They never were.

Add DK to that list.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Were they ever hard? People keep chanting this mantra that now everythibg is a joke.

According to many people, feral druid in WotLK was the peak of complexity. I mained feral back then, and it really wasn't.
    yes the classes ever since WoD lost all depth. WW ironically had the most depth in WoD highest skill cap in the game but the rest were stripped down and it's gotten worse with every expansion since.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Were they ever hard? People keep chanting this mantra that now everythibg is a joke.

According to many people, feral druid in WotLK was the peak of complexity. I mained feral back then, and it really wasn't.
    cata and wrath and yes it was to pars on world of logs (to actually be good you know), i would sell 10x Mages and 10x Boomkins and 20x Monks for the OG feral
    I.O BFA Season 3

I envy people who enjoys WW. I love the style, art, lore and all of it.

But my god - it plays like something from WoW 0.3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kraku View Post
    I use to main a windwalker monk during the end of mop and entire wod while it was just a spec that used like 4-5 buttons and was top of the dps list because it was still flavour of the month.

Now after trying a few different classes / specs (the last one was balance druid) i wanted to go back to melee. Not really sure which melee i should go i looked at all the classes and was surprised to see how windwalker has changed.

First of all the ( for me) new mastery which has you use a different ability each time to increase damage. Sounds like a interesting mechanic, but punishing when you fuck up.

Second the addition of 2 new abilities to press (yes they are talents and i could choose to not play them) but the guides seem clear that i should play them. Now this isnt a bad thing perse, but it does add more abilities to press and on my bar.

Not having tried this yet i could be really off, but is windwalker these days difficult to play in your opinion?
    It's not hard. It's just dumb.

If you try every classes/spec - you WILL ask yourself - why do I need to fiddle with 8 rotational buttons(if you want to experiment with the talent tree) - weave in CDs on top, while the GCD is jammed due to the nature of intensity?

Also there is no sense of flow or purpose. WW seen better times - and it needs a serious revamp today.

I find monk both challening and fun in 5 mans atleast. Properly managing ring of peace to cast it when you see your tank is in danger. And casting it to not spread out the mobs. Dispelling diseases and poisons when your healer is unable to do so. Etc.

There is a lot of utility a monk has to properly be used (not saying many other classes do) but the difference of a good and bad monk really shines here. Seeing cocky 1600 rio monks letting tanks die to stacking disease with a resto druid in grp in dos is kind of... Depressing.

This was just windwalker though. Brew has a bunch of good utility and needs really work well around the weaknesses to become a solid tank compared to the others. When done right they become really good.

What exactly do you mean by difficult?

If we are talking about button pressing/rotations, then having a ten-button rotation is no more difficult than having a two button rotation, just more annoying.

For me, the difficulty comes in making decisions that can either lead to a win or a loss. For the monk class, that is mobility. positioning, moving around, etc - these are the things that bring the most complexity to the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    The difference between a very good player & a poor one is the biggest it's ever been.
    Based on all classes I play(ed), including ww, this couldn't be more far away from truth.

The only real skill about ww these days is to keep informed which bugs exists and how to use them to min/max your damage. Overall YES, ww is harder to play than other classes, but there is barely any mechanic to mess up these days.

The difference between a good and a bad player got its maximum with MoP and dropped since then with every step of pruning and simplifing the game mechanics.

Easiest example: In the past it was barely possible to find the perfect time to refresh your dot, as your stats only mattered in the moment you casted the dot. So the min/max potential was barely possible without any kind of addon. Nowadays, the dot scales at any moment with your stats and you can refresh it any time below 30% remaining time without dps decreasement.

Another example: While in the past even a 3 button frost dk needed to maintain the correct "rotation" with diseases etc. for maximum damage, as everything was stacking up with each other spell (each disease increased the damage of obli, the procs, etc), the difference nowadays isn't as big if you mess up a bit and you have less buttons to press for the rotation.

I mean, take warrior. They are pressing 2 damage buttons regulary and another 2 every 20-40 seconds or something. And it basically doesn't matter if they press 2 into 1 or 1 into 2. The damage is for both nearly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    If everything was piss easy as you people claim then everyone would be doing 90-100% parses

In the terms of complexity it really depends whom do you compare it with. I play two characters atm: monk & dh, where monk is quite complex to dps while dh is build around 4 buttons.

Still, once you get a knack of the proper rotation, both of them will be "easy".
    Yeah I'm kind of sick of everybody saying classes are brain dead easy and a 5 year old could do them. No, they can't and no, every spec in this game is not "brain dead easy".

Like you said, if that were the case, then everybody would be clearing heroics in a few weeks and timing +20s.

If you want to sound cool and have people think you're awesome at this game and that you're a badass--that's one thing. But to say this game is faceroll easy or whatever is just false.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you're crazy paladin has never been more fun. Its the first time since WoTLK that all 3 specs are in a great spot

Imo, the mastery is what makes WW unique and interesting. Otherwise it's not that difficult. It's not warrior, of course, but you get used to it pretty quickly nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    Imo, the mastery is what makes WW unique and interesting. Otherwise it's not that difficult. It's not warrior, of course, but you get used to it pretty quickly nonetheless.
    I've been recently learning WW so that I have an off-spec when we don't need 3 healers. As a frost mage main previously, the rotation is a lot more difficult, but frost mage is also at the most brain dead easy it's been since BC with half or more of my damage coming down to just making sure I hit Ice lance with fingers of frost present. I appreciate that the mastery actually does something (frost mage mastery is laughably bad), but I still wonder why some classes need to work 3 times as hard to do similar damage to a class like frost mage that has 3 buttons and 2-3 cooldowns you just hit whenever they come up.

Personally I'd rather they balance frost mages (and similar super easy specs) damage better so they are less brain dead to play... but I understand the complaints.

I have no macros and I find it pretty fun to play which in turn makes it easy. You get in a rhythm. My action bar is my spells, and my cooldowns are on top which I click. No weak auras either.

It’s not difficult
    You just gotta understand when it’s ok to break mastery and when to clip FoF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by angryjoehateshisfans View Post
    furfag class played by retards and furfags.
    Ok billy show us where the monk touched you