Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Calia will ruin the forsaken

She is not even a forsaken but rather lightforged undead. She suffers none of the downsides of being undead and seems to be a special snowflake that was invented as anti thesis to what Forsaken actually are.
    She is technically an alliance character with zero connections to the other horde leaders. Like she is literally on BFF status with both Anduin and Jaina.
    The Forsaken are all about melancholy and shadows. Calia is fully absorbed with the holy light.
    Being a Forsaken means you are rejected and cast out. Nobody rejected Calia. Infact she was welcomed with open arms by her friends in the alliance.
    Lilian Voss is in my opinion a much more fitting candidate for leadership and I hope Blizzard will not just hamfist her onto the forsaken without any ingame connections for Forsaken players on her side.
    Leave your 2 cents if you want to.

3+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I think that Blizz knows that - that's why Calia is more like the advocate for the fallen night elves and Lilian Voss is the voice of the Undead.
    Lilian is the perfect character right now to fit this role and I hope they won't push Calia in for the sake of being special.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't care for Calia, and I play alliance, she doesn't come across as very Hordy...

Most of the downsides of calia you mention are also applicable to sylvanas.

Lilian is a neat character i would like to see more of though she does not seem like a leader and statesman.

After 15+ years the forsaken theme of being forsaken has gotten boring and stale, especially after blizzard mishandled them for the past few expansions.
    Forsaken still have very little connection to the rest of the horde and its supposed themes of brotherhood and honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

Lilian is a neat character i would like to see more of though she does not seem like a leader and statesman.

After 15+ years the forsaken theme of being forsaken has gotten boring and stale, especially after blizzard mishandled them for the past few expansions.
    Forsaken still have very little connection to the rest of the horde and its supposed themes of brotherhood and honor.
    Sylvanas founded the forsaken and made them strong. Calia is just an alliance character in disguise who knows nothing about the forsaken.

ID prefer Lillian as the leader honestly because i think she suits the role better still remember the starter quest when you find her

I'll give Calia some time as leader before I judge her. She defo needs a moment where she chocies the Forsaken (or Horde) over the Alliance.

I don't like the current story of the Forsaken, ridding them selves of Slyvannas was needed but I'd of preferred the desolate council .

But I've not seen Calia do enough to judge her

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    ID prefer Lillian as the leader honestly because i think she suits the role better still remember the starter quest when you find her
    This ^. While I'd still prefer a council over all, Forsaken taking their destiny into thier own hands. Voss should be the main character in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Sylvanas founded the forsaken and made them strong. Calia is just an alliance character in disguise who knows nothing about the forsaken.
    made them strong? lol they are bottom feeders, always being emo.
    forsaken are disliked by every race on azeroth - heck even forsaken dislike forsaken.

sylvanas used forsaken as fodder for her own emo agendas and then dumped them like trash when they were spent.
    she even got their homeland, their capitol, lost and completely engulfed by plague that's fatal even to forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

What are you smoking. Sylvanas shared the same fate as the rest of the Forsaken. She was murdered, violently raised and mind-controlled. She was a weapon of Arthas that killed for him. Callia experienced nothing of the sort. She's like a spoiled girl that thinks she understands the pain of an amputee because she broke a fingernail. Many WoW characters are insufferable like that.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd also prefer Voss and/or Belmont as Forsaken leader(s), they at least are proper Forsaken - unlike Mrs. Big Tits, who was ham-fisted into Forsaken lore just because writers can't give pause to their shilling towards Anduin and his BFFs. I mean, what better choice to rule over the sentient zombies than Jaina's sister-in-law?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I'd also prefer Voss and/or Belmont as Forsaken leader(s), they at least are proper Forsaken - unlike Mrs. Big Tits, who was ham-fisted into Forsaken lore just because writers can't give pause to their shilling towards Anduin and his BFFs. I mean, what better choice to rule over the sentient zombies than Jaina's sister-in-law?
    mad horde player

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Tbh I think that Blizz knows that - that's why Calia is more like the advocate for the fallen night elves and Lilian Voss is the voice of the Undead.
    Lilian is the perfect character right now to fit this role and I hope they won't push Calia in for the sake of being special.
    The problem is that (can’t remember if in game or the book) that Lilian does not want to lead the Forsaken because of her insecurities as a potential leader and is wanting Calia to take up the role.

Can someone define me what makes a character worthy of the Horde? I still don't get the hate Calia gets

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Can someone define me what makes a character worthy of the Horde? I still don't get the hate Calia gets
    Not edgy enough, i guess, Horde players (And Forsaken-mains in particular) need their edginess-fix.

It can't be that she's too tidy-looking for an undead (No big scars, missing bits or whatever), because Sylvanas was remarkably well-preserved as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Not edgy enough, i guess, Horde players (And Forsaken-mains in particular) need their edginess-fix.

It can't be that she's too tidy-looking for an undead (No big scars, missing bits or whatever), because Sylvanas was remarkably well-preserved as well.
    Because you wouldnt want Nathanos as king of Stormwind either.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like her because she has nothing to do with the Forsaken, showed up out of nowhere and the worst thing is she isn't even undead. She is come fake light undead thing that stands above all the rotted Forsaken as a beautiful golden reminder of what they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post

That's my issue, i been in so many threads where people say they hate Calia but every one of the complaints i seen can be countered by Slyvanas or another prominent figure that most have no issues with. Just doesn't make sense to me or maybe there's just some other reason that no one has be able to articulate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I don't like her because she has nothing to do with the Forsaken, showed up out of nowhere and the worst thing is she isn't even undead. She is come fake light undead thing that stands above all the rotted Forsaken as a beautiful golden reminder of what they lost.
    Well she's undead. But again look at Slyvannas, people should object to her, she's not from Lorderon, not even human, her body is completely intact and nearly perfect. I don't see how she's more viable than Calia under those terms.

It's not about the Horde, it's specifically about the Forsaken. She didn't suffer like them.

I'm an Alliance player through and through and even I know she doesn't fit.

That's my issue, i been in so many threads where people say they hate Calia but every one of the complaints i seen can be countered by Slyvanas or another prominent figure that most have no issues with. Just doesn't make sense to me or maybe there's just some other reason that no one has be able to articulate.

- - - Updated - - -

Well she's undead. But again look at Slyvannas, people should object to her, she's not from Lorderon, not even human, her body is completely intact and nearly perfect. I don't see how she's more viable than Calia under those terms.
    Again, how would you feel if Nathanos became king of Stormwind?

There's plenty of undead elves that are part of the Forsaken, it just ain't shown ingame.