Poll: Nerf burst by 50%

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    They should do it more like wotlk where burst goes down but consistent dmg goes up, so games dont go to dampen every time and people dont die in global as well
    Wrath felt better fer sure, outside of the usual outliners it was more enjoyable.

It does say something when the majority doesn't seem to like the overal feel and the so called 3k player think it's fine cus your bad, k.

It's a matter of wanting to log and play arena, a matter of fun, not if you are bad cus you didn't press your devensives in 0,2 sec.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-02-09 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    The amount of CC rogues have would completely justify gutting their damage by over 50%. They are able to stunlock you, but there's absolutely no drawback at all.
    i knew from the title that this was coming

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Nope, it's fine now. Was a bit bursty the first weeks of SL. But now game allready tend to go into high dampening.
    Burst isn't a real issue, if you are often bursted down you are just outplayed by players better than you.

But I'll admit the state of burstiness make Hpal pretty much mandatory in any comp. Which is a problem. but it's hard to balance without screwing the actual PVP state which a LOT of people like.
    "Nope its fine now" "hpal pretty much mandatory" . Actually a clown. Imagine arguing with yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    we already have this, but also the difference between short window bursts of 1 second vs 2 seconds is essentially nothing from a gameplay standpoint (unless you have everything on GCDs, which is the exact opposite of my preferred style anyways). As well, it's really not hard to pull of 3- button combos like that.

Also, globalling people is dumb design IMO.

Again, this already happens in current game. It's actually just part of proper play because it's literally the ONLY way you're going to get a kill before dampening (and you often won't still, even if you do everything correctly).

This doesn't happen much, but I'd say it's really because there isn't much difference in effectiveness. That damage getting applied across 2 seconds vs 1 second isn't going to matter. Either the burst is uncontrollable and unmitigatable (which is bad design IMO) or the skill difference doesn't amount to payoffs that reflect that difference. I'd rather they push the envelope of skill in other areas that don't swing between "instagib" or "useless ineffective damage."

I'm all for this type of stuff, though.

You say most melee, but ret and DKs definitely don't. The whole "slow lumbering melee that hits like a truck" thing never panned out in all the years they tried it, because CC is so fucking prevalent and there are little to no actual protections against it thanks to separate DRs, etc.

I think what you want out of PVP and what I want out of PVP are very different, though. I essentially want pvp to be more like a boss raid fight. You have to play around some mechanics (based on whatever team comp you're facing) and the team that is better at all the smaller things is the one that slowly whittles down the other team to victory (across maybe 5 minutes).
    -------
    Edit: To be fair, I do absolutely think those types of micro-optimizations are exactly what would allow people to outshine each other in the war of attrition. Doing that slightly superior play 10 times across a raid boss adds up (obviously) so it would add up in long-format pvp DPS as well.
    None of these things have a big impact on gameplay like they did wotlk-wod. That mage combo cannot be dismissed as 3 buttons, it was more like something out of a fighting game. Resource management? I've haven't heard of an energy class waiting for full energy before bursting in a very long time. For MM hunter their biggest damage is their GENERATOR.

I just ask for gap closing and gap creating to be equal, whether it's 1 button each or 5. That way it's about forcing the enemy to use theirs without using yours.

Ideal PvP for me is high skill ceiling, outplays decide fights, prediction far more rewarding than reaction.

what i dont understand is that i can survive the opener from a rogue in arena with no heals but i cant survive the same opener in world pvp.

hpal deserver a nerf
    rdruids deserve a little love
    mw monks need to be reworked completely

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I just ask for gap closing and gap creating to be equal, whether it's 1 button each or 5. That way it's about forcing the enemy to use theirs without using yours.
    That just means range get to stay at range nearly 100% of the time. No thx. The fight should be designed such that ranged can only stay away so long. Make them have to plant their feet to do anything so melee have a natural path to catch them without needing to use their gap closer, otherwise it's just melee keepaway.

Ideal PvP for me is high skill ceiling, outplays decide fights, prediction far more rewarding than reaction.
    I'm the opposite. Reaction is what I view as higher natural skill. Planning can be learned and taught. Reaction is innate and people lose it over time without practice. In addition, changing your innate natural reactions to things is far harder than learning what common patterns are. Having to adjust on the fly based on whatever procs you have is vastly harder than a set rotation of abilities, for instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    That just means range get to stay at range nearly 100% of the time. No thx. The fight should be designed such that ranged can only stay away so long. Make them have to plant their feet to do anything so melee have a natural path to catch them without needing to use their gap closer, otherwise it's just melee keepaway.

I'm the opposite. Reaction is what I view as higher natural skill. Planning can be learned and taught. Reaction is innate and people lose it over time without practice. In addition, changing your innate natural reactions to things is far harder than learning what common patterns are. Having to adjust on the fly based on whatever procs you have is vastly harder than a set rotation of abilities, for instance.
    It worked in MoP. Ranged were far, FAR more mobile then than they are now, melee stayed about the same mobility-wise. Ret was more mobile, DK was less, but they could both deal great damage even if they weren't in range. It just came down to whoever played better. Key abilities like cloak, AMS, freedom, and bladestorm could not be used inefficiently.

It's not planning, it's getting in your opponent's head. WoW's highest level plays are prediction-based. Pre-wall, death/pre-sac a blind, grounding/reflecting any instant CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I honestly think the damage of many specs needs to be tuned down by at least 50%. I'm not even kidding.

There are too many broken specs to count, but I'm looking especially at classes with way too many CC and survival tools like Rogues and Paladins. Nobody should be able to have this much utilty AND so much burst damage. The amount of CC rogues have would completely justify gutting their damage by over 50%. They are able to stunlock you, but there's absolutely no drawback at all. Same with Paladins - how can it be that someone can just be immune to everything while bursting you down in seconds? And even if you get to damage them they'll just heal back to 100% with the press of a button.

Every single class that has this much utilty should NOT be able to do so much damage. Either have utilty or damage, not both. It's absolutely ridiculous how unbalanced PvP is right now, and I'm pretty sure that even after a 50% damage nerf there would STILL be too much burst.
    Yeah, half the hybrid classes goes from 1% to 100% in a single global, its nuts. Also had an interesting 1v1 vs a vengeance dh in rbg.. did 200k dmg on him and he still had 100% hp after...

If dmg needs a 50% reduction then healing needs something like a 75% reduction tbh.

Also fuck rogues, they are ridiculously overpowered. Without one you are basically hardcapped at a certain rating.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burst is fun. i dont mind it. I die in a global i go LOL H SHIT I JUST GOT BLOWN UP. When i do it, i also go WOOOOW I JST SHIT ON THAT GUY.
    It's exciting. Whats not exciting? Beating on someone for ten mins until his healer comes and boosts him back up so you die when you should have killed him. I dont want to hit like a wet noodle. I want to feel powerful. thats fun. not hitting with a pool noodle. Thanks bye.

Im generally fine with the current state of pvp except for arms warriors and to some degree rets.
    They need some form of tuning down for sure. Nothing gamechanging but atleast something. They are waaay too good atm.
    Same goes for Hpalas and firemages to some extent.

Other than that this is a really good arena-expansion imo

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    What's the one button I press to survive as arms warrior in pvp?
    I have 29% versatility and still die in seconds, even if I pop my cds.

Yet I cannot 3 shot anyone. So where is my burst?
    Warrior is literally S tier in PvP right now, insanely tanky with Ignore Pain, Dstance, DBTS, Reflect, Rally. And we can rescue our teammates with mirror legendary, intervene with/without overwatch, aoe fear, ranged stuns, charge and leap into interrupts.

If you die instantly as a warrior, you are playing bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    The burst is where it needs to be.

Do we really want another 4 years of dampening till aids games for everyone?

you can live just fine if you have decent gear and rotate cooldowns properly. Even the biggest outliers (Mage Combust, Convoke, Ret Pally wings) are all manageable in real pvp (not 2v2 arena)
    Aye thats why the bullshit even happened in tournament.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Burst nerf? maybe a tiny bit on some classes, don't break specs.

but no

10+ Year Old Account
    its been a while I've seen something that obnoxious as Convoke by Balance Druids in PvP in general.

In b4 "just interrupt"... if you're CCed or slowed, or druid emerges far away from you from stealth so you can't reach him in time, or you don't have any LoS nearby, or just in BG when its wall on wall like in 40-men fights.

This ability is grossly overtuned, it's always a guaranteed 1shot even on most geared players with above 25% vers. How something like this could even pass testing? Furthermore, they have no intention to nerf it.

Balance tops DPS meters in both PVP and PvE, it's top 1 DPS in Nathria right after UH DK mastery nerfs and for couple of months already.

I'm seriously tired of BGs full with boomkin rerollers and convoke abusers, last time having 9 of them in IOC when it was literally impossible to do ANYTHING at all vs. their team when everything just dies in seconds. It has to be dealt with sooner or later, cause its already beyond disgusting.

In my opinion, burst is fine except for 4 outliers: combustion, convoke, wings and the hunt. Sure, you can play around those. Doesn't mean it's good gameplay. Demon hunters need some big buffs though, the hunt appears to be literally the only time you feel any damage coming from them.

basically this polls says that 61% of people here play either ret, war, monk, boomy or mage and go like 'bruh you didn't react fast enough in those 1.2 seconds you had before you went from 70% hp to 0', just git gud'

and 39% of people playing non meta specs just struggling through one of the most unbalanced seasons we've seen in years
    Last edited by Molov; 2021-02-21 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molov View Post
    basically this polls says that 61% of people here play either ret, war, monk, boomy or mage and go like 'bruh you didn't react fast enough in those 1.2 seconds you had before you went from 70% hp to 0', just git gud'

and 39% of people playing non meta specs just struggling through one of the most unbalanced seasons we've seen in years
    You missed: destro, ele, enh, sub, DH from the potential global list. That covers most classes apart from DKs, priests and hunters which all have viable specs for PvP apart from DKs that kind of suck this season. It really is a get gud scenario unless you're being outgeared.

The biggest problem is gear. 5ilvl+ difference gives you an advantage. 10ilvl+ difference basically means you're almost guaranteed to win no matter how much you mess up. Everyone does insane amount of damage when they're ahead of you with gear.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Nope, it's fine now. Was a bit bursty the first weeks of SL. But now game allready tend to go into high dampening.
    Burst isn't a real issue, if you are often bursted down you are just outplayed by players better than you.

But I'll admit the state of burstiness make Hpal pretty much mandatory in any comp. Which is a problem. but it's hard to balance without screwing the actual PVP state which a LOT of people like.
    rofl... delusional.

Burst is fine, sustained damage and healing both needs to go up. Dampening is cancer that shouldnt exist.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    what i dont understand is that i can survive the opener from a rogue in arena with no heals but i cant survive the same opener in world pvp.

hpal deserver a nerf
    rdruids deserve a little love
    mw monks need to be reworked completely
    that's because rogues do less damage in arena, hidden nerf that's not posted in any official update, all damage done reduced by 5-10% for each or some ability even more, you can try log a rogue mouse over ability tooltip in world and in arena / bg

rogues actually need sustain damage buff by 100% and reduce burst only not overall damage just make it either deals burst damage or cc not both same time

- - - Updated - - -

only problem is ret burst and sustain, ww burst and arms sustain (since war is always sustain no burst), are too high
    ret literally can do 100k damage in 10seconds vs max gear player
    Last edited by Nzembwamugumbwalchu; 2021-02-22 at 03:55 PM.