Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That's dumb, she has to be from New York

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Again I find fascinating how none of the 5 previous posters ask the right questions, though 1 of them i feel, since text sucks, is being sarcastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to call her stupid, but people have given her $16,999 in donations. For gluing her hair to her head. She's 40.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

you CAN buy Gorilla glue at stores like wallmart, especially of a spray variety..... in a craft section along with mod podge etc products. I typically use a spray glue when attaching larger flat surfaces to other larger flat surfaces. its not precise for anything small IMO. but I digress. unless someone decided to troll, I have never seen gorilla glue anywhere near hair products.

got to be glued is a very specific type of glue. I have only ever seen it in shops that sell wigs/extensions etc, TBH, because that is what I have seen it used for most often. personaly. I have not checked hair salons etc. I'm not entirely sure what possessed her to use anything not specifically formulated for hair use. multi use glues like that tends to refer to things like paper. ceramic, metal, etc and they even list the surfaces on the label. between that and the warning not to use it near eyes or skin or even clothes..... that's ignoring a LOT of writing.

I guess she thought she was being clever or something, using a craft glue (kinda the way cosplayers and I.. think they learned that from drag queens - use school glue sticks on their eyebrows, to smooth them down) but like... even school glue sticks are not exactly designed for that purpose, they just happen to be a doable cheaper alternative, and they ARE washable and non toxic, cause they are meant for children. it says that on a label as well.

I'm willing to give her a benefit of the doubt and maybe she assumed that craft section glue is craft section glue, if sticks work on facial hair, why not sprays? but... if she does chose to sue? fuck her. she made an error in judgement. NOT the company. her. that lawsuit would be frivolous and trying to cash in on infamy and just... NO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    I want to call her stupid, but people have given her $16,999 in donations. For gluing her hair to her head. She's 40.
    Apparently she's getting surgery and that can cost $15k so I wouldn't say she's milking the situation just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Apparently she's getting surgery and that can cost $15k so I wouldn't say she's milking the situation just yet.
    Maybe. Her donation goal was $1500 or something, and a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon offered to waive a $12K+ fee to work on her hair for free.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

15+ Year Old Account
    She’s a complete dumbass. If she was white the entire internet would be laughing their asses off at her and not a soul would be offering money or help, but for some reason we treat black people like they’re children so a 40-year old woman gets treated like she’s a 4-year old who doesn’t know any better. The soft bigotry of low expectations.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-02-11 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Forbidden Topics

5+ Year Old Account
    People are lazy n retarded, that's why you will find frozen food left anywhere in a store...decided not to buy that steak but opt for some candy? Leave the steak in the candy shelf cuz going back takes a moment n that is too much work..stores loose shitloads of money cuz cold food has to be thrown away n customers bitch that prices should be lower..

Have worked in a grocery store a few times n the Mt.Everest of goods that people don't put back...i wanted auto-hellfire missiles to rain down justice every time someone left a package of milk in the wrong section...

It's possible she picked up this glue in the hairspray shampoo section cuz someone left it there, then used it at home.

I have to complain, do americans have to turn everything into a goddamn spray? When I saw butter on spray, i was like....eeuuuuuwww..what's next? Bacon on spray?
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-02-10 at 10:23 AM.

Ok, I have zero experience with Gorilla Glue. What's the issue here? Did it bond with her skin? How is there no chemical agent to dissolve it? Is it now basically the tightest solid plastic cap there is? Also, if it's not bonded with the skin, wouldn't it just come lose when her hair grows out? I'm assuming there's some sucktion going on, but other than that...

And if it has bonded with her skin, what does the surgeon intend to do about it? Literally scalp her? I'd rather explore 100 other options first.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ok, I have zero experience with Gorilla Glue. What's the issue here? Did it bond with her skin? How is there no chemical agent to dissolve it? Is it now basically the tightest solid plastic cap there is? Also, if it's not bonded with the skin, wouldn't it just come lose when her hair grows out? I'm assuming there's some sucktion going on, but other than that...

And if it has bonded with her skin, what does the surgeon intend to do about it? Literally scalp her? I'd rather explore 100 other options first.
    The issue is that it's a polyurethane based glue, so it's toxic to the skin and bonds incredibly well. Dissolving it requires other relatively caustic reagents which will do further harm to her scalp. It's not normal glue, it's like liquid plastic that has additives that harden it after it is exposed to the air.

She's seeing a plastic surgeon now to get it removed in a procedure that's likely to take several days and cost over $12,000

https://nypost.com/2021/02/09/tessic...-glue-in-hair/
    https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/go...oval-procedure
    https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/09/goril...needs-surgery/

I feel bad for her, but only because what she's going through does suck, but it was her own fault and she put herself into that situation. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I do hope that she's able to get out of this, relatively unharmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    That's dumb, she has to be from New York
    Louisiana. Why would you put this on New York? What the fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    She’s a complete dumbass. If she was white the entire internet would be laughing their asses off at her and not a soul would be offering money or help, but for some reason we treat black people like they’re children so a 40-year old woman gets treated like she’s a 4-year old who doesn’t know any better. The soft bigotry of low expectations.
    Odd choice of racism here.

10+ Year Old Account

Your skin is constantly; moving, growing, exfoliating, producing natural oils. Basically everything that breaks up an adhesive naturally.

It's a dreadfully slow and boring process. "Going to a surgeon" is basically "i need more clickbait for my patreon and TMZ".

Thoughts and prayers to her discomfort and embarrassment.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentGreymane View Post
    Your skin is constantly; moving, growing, exfoliating, producing natural oils. Basically everything that breaks up an adhesive naturally.

It's a dreadfully slow and boring process. "Going to a surgeon" is basically "i need more clickbait for my patreon and TMZ".

Thoughts and prayers to her discomfort and embarrassment.
    So, basically this problem would solve itself in like half a year to a year? And she's trying to get surgery to fix it faster? Sounds silly... unless she's in incredible pain, of course.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I mean, I wouldn't want my hair glued to my scalp for half a year, either. Can't blame her for wanting it removed more quickly. What an idiot though. I just hope payment for the procedure is coming out of her own pocket.

I heard she's planning on suing Gorilla Glue company ;p sigh
    I got interacted for suggesting she use it on her pubic hair to keep her to keep her from reproducing. and I stand by that statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, basically this problem would solve itself in like half a year to a year? And she's trying to get surgery to fix it faster? Sounds silly... unless she's in incredible pain, of course.
    Depends on how one defines "surgery". Probably multiple applications of Veet or Nair by a medical professional.

And hey, medical professionals with their own instagram or youtube channels dont come cheap.

Remember to click that like button if you enjoy my content!
    Government Affiliated Snark

Is it too late to sue the Zuck for crimes against humanity by creating Facebook?

Smash that like button and subscribe for more daily videos of me

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel bad for her. What about adhesive glue makes you think to put it in your hair? If this was like a 5 year old doing this I could understand, we all do stupid things when we're that young but she looks to be in her mid teens maybe? At that age she should definitely know better. Glue + hair = stupid idea. What's next? Using bleach to brush your teeth?

I guess the joke's on me though because apparently she made $10,496 in donations from this. It's amazing how in this country you can get rich by just doing stupid shit. What the fuck am I doing working for money I should just put a bunch of glue in my hair and ask for donations to help get it out. Easiest 10k I'll ever make.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2021-02-10 at 06:48 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtlmtlm View Post
    I heard she's planning on suing Gorilla Glue company ;p sigh
    I got interacted for suggesting she use it on her pubic hair to keep her to keep her from reproducing. and I stand by that statement.
    Okay but even if you think she's a dumb person it's not the case that dumb people birth innately dumb kids. That's simply not how it works.