Doo-wop in 80s cartoons.

I was watching 80s cartoon themes on YouTube, and I realized that a lot of 80s cartoons had doo-wop in them, either in the theme, or in musical numbers.

Why did a lot of 80s cartoons have doo-wop?

5+ Year Old Account
    whats doo wop

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    whats doo wop
    It's a genre of music that was popular in the 50s-60s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfmhhBh_taU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    It's a genre of music that was popular in the 50s-60s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfmhhBh_taU
    No cartoons I remember watching in the 80's had that music in from what I remember. Most had a lot of very weird synth music though... Interested to know what cartoons in particular you saw?

EDIT: I just remembered Muppets Babies did. Sure more would come to me in time :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-02-08 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    50's and 60's nostalgia was huge in the 80's/90's. The people making those cartoons would have been kids in the 50s-60s. It's the same reason why 80s/90s nostalgia is so big right now and you see a lot of shows and movies using music and other elements from those decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    50's and 60's nostalgia was huge in the 80's/90's.
    Pretty much. I mean "Sha Na Na" had their own show that lasted into the 80s.

Wasn't there a rockabilly revival in the 80s?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    No cartoons I remember watching in the 80's had that music in from what I remember. Most had a lot of very weird synth music though... Interested to know what cartoons in particular you saw?

EDIT: I just remembered Muppets Babies did. Sure more would come to me in time :P
    Heathcliff had a doo-wop theme, and G1 MLP had a couple of doo-wop songs in Call Upon the Seaponies and Nothing Can Stop the Smooze.

5+ Year Old Account
    Only remember it from movies, Back to the future, Stand by me etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Wasn't there a rockabilly revival in the 80s?

- - - Updated - - -

Heathcliff had a doo-wop theme, and G1 MLP had a couple of doo-wop songs in Call Upon the Seaponies and Nothing Can Stop the Smooze.
    Yea, more shows are coming back to me now. Although I was thinking all those cartoons I watched with the catchy rock themes, which was always very popular in 80's kid shows too. Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Defenders of the Earth, Thundercats, Galaxy Rangers, M.A.S.K, Ulysses 31, or The Raccoons... just off the top of my head lol,

Think the 80's kid shows can be summed up with both either Doo Wop and 80's electro-synth-rock, not sure there was any in between :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-02-08 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    50's and 60's nostalgia was huge in the 80's/90's. The people making those cartoons would have been kids in the 50s-60s. It's the same reason why 80s/90s nostalgia is so big right now and you see a lot of shows and movies using music and other elements from those decades.
    never thought about it like this... can't wait for the 2010-2020 nostalgia media... shit I'm making myself depressed xD