Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    Okay, genius. Please tell me how doing a SD +9 instead of doing an easier Mists +11 will "raise your chance of getting picked" when the net result is 20 less r.io points.

I'll wait for you to explain how that's not objectively false.
    Because no one inviting for +12 mists gives a fuck about your SD experience besides the increase in rio points it gives lol. They care about your mists experience. YOU may think it matters but 99% of group makers aren't looking the way you do.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Do you have a set group or do you pug?
    I led a group to KSM. I also PUG. And I mix and match.

Try playing as a dps and tell me how easy it is to get into dungeons woth your low rio when you ignore 1 to 2 dungeons and apply for higher keys based off of a +9 SD.
    You literally just quoted the post where I told you my mage's r.io score. /facepalm.

I didn't say it was "easy to get into dungeons", I said you're stupid if you think I need to run SD and every other dungeon on 9 to prove myself for a Mists or Halls +10 .

You play a meta healer. Your experience is going to be different than rando dps pugs.
    Which healer is meta?

- - - Updated - - -

Because no one inviting for +12 mists gives a fuck about your SD experience besides the increase in rio points it gives lol. They care about your mists experience. YOU may think it matters but 99% of group makers aren't looking the way you do.
    You realize you're making my point, here, yes? You and that other idiot said to run every key on a 9 before doing a 10. Why would I do that when I could run an 11 Mists and get 20 more io points with less effort?

Look, I know critical thinking is hard, but please try to give your next post SOME consideration. This is getting tedious.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-03-03 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    Because everyone does all dungeons.. Especially on alts, people tend to skip the long and often frustrating ones. That doesn’t mean they suck if they only have a sub 200 rio score but do complete the same dungeon every week on +14/+15. The score itself doesn’t say dick.
    There is an option to show your mains score on your alt. My mage only has 2 dungeons on 14 and a +5, I still got accepted into a +14 because my main has fat score. And I played frost, which I stated in my application message and still got invited. I will invite people who have good main score and ok ilvl over anyone who has good ilvl, but their m+ score is about the level which we are going to do.
    If someone types in "2k main score" but it's not displayed on their alt - you might as well be Obama, I would not care.

You literally just quoted the post where I told you my mage's r.io score. /facepalm.

I didn't say it was "easy to get into dungeons", I said you're stupid if you think I need to run SD and every other dungeon on 9 to prove myself for a Mists or Halls +10 .

Which healer is meta?

- - - Updated - - -

You realize you're making my point, here, yes? You and that other idiot said to run every key on a 9 before doing a 10. Why would I do that when I could run an 11 Mists and get 20 more io points with less effort?

Look, I know critical thinking is hard, but please try to give your next post SOME consideration. This is getting tedious.
    Try being slightly less of a prick here. I am not sure how I've offended you but you seem pissed off. For pugs, R sham get invites almost instantly. I am aware other healers are better at higher keys and set groups. Now you're talking abt mage, which is also pretty much an instant invite. I do not believe you should do all 9s before a 10. But around the 12 range, you should try to keep all of the dungeons within 1 to 2 levels of eachother. Much easier to get into 13s when all the other dungeons have been done on 11 or 12.

Which healer is meta?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you are triggered now.

Try to get an invite as a dps in a +12 mist without any other +10 timed dungeons. Have fun trying that.

While doing a dungeon I look at three things:
    Class
    Rio
    XP in the dungeon I am doing

Doing SD on +17 won't get you into a +16 if your previous experience in that dungeon is a +14. Why? Because you can simply get someone who is better. Prime time keys get like 150 applicants in minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I have also often met players among the wilfully bad that try all kinds of emotional manipulation in order to have people carry them.
    I have also often met players among the wilfully bad that stick derogatory labels, like "elitist", on those players that care about their performance and the time of their fellow player, even though those player don't bother or hinder the wilfully bad in any way, shape or form.
    This is the type of thing that I think is grossly over-exaggerated. I don't see anyone calling people who plain and simply "care about their performance" an Elitist. I see it being called to those people who feel that they're the cream-of-the-crop (when most of the time, they're not) and feel it necessary to crap on anyone else they feel is below them. Running their keys with their guild and taunting randoms on the forums.

Sure, I feel there are those who do slap the word "Elitist" around blindly, which is why I said it was exaggerated, not non-existent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno what is goin on but as a shadow priest i cant even dream about joining any 15+ group except my guild runs. Got like 1200 RIO atm. No chance to get single invite. Tried like 4h of spamming to get into mists +15... no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Dunno what is goin on but as a shadow priest i cant even dream about joining any 15+ group except my guild runs. Got like 1200 RIO atm. No chance to get single invite. Tried like 4h of spamming to get into mists +15... no chance.
    I feel u. Tbh I dont invite shadow priests unless I already have a mage/hunter for lust, and you are extremely high ilvl / rio on tyrannical week. As a 1187 dk I don't get invites either. I've been running my own keys. Can usually pug 14s after 15+ mins of searching. Only 15 i ran that wasn't my own key was a 13 pug that we +2d and ran the 15 after

Okay, genius. Please tell me how doing a SD +9 instead of doing an easier Mists +11 will "raise your chance of getting picked" when the net result is 20 less r.io points.

I'll wait for you to explain how that's not objectively false.
    Because it's not objective. You're misusing the word.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2021-03-02 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    All content is trivialised by gear, the last exception was challenge modes
    CMs were also to some extend trivialized by gear. Trinkets especially. Trinkets from the later part of the expansion were just universally better than the early ones, and you had more items to pick from, meaning getting your BiS stats was easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel u. Tbh I dont invite shadow priests unless I already have a mage/hunter for lust, and you are extremely high ilvl / rio on tyrannical week. As a 1187 dk I don't get invites either. I've been running my own keys. Can usually pug 14s after 15+ mins of searching. Only 15 i ran that wasn't my own key was a 13 pug that we +2d and ran the 15 after
    Yes. Mages are super hyped for burst dmg. ATM have 217ilvl and going forward. I wish to finish all+15 but probably i had to switch into disc.

Having expectations and wanting people to play/do well is not toxic. It's how people convey those expectations and how they respond to discovering deficiencies in their group that are shy of those expectations that make someone toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Yes. Mages are super hyped for burst dmg. ATM have 217ilvl and going forward. I wish to finish all+15 but probably i had to switch into disc.
    I'm hoping to jump another ilvl from vault today. This week is supposed to be really good for pushing so hoping to knock out 3-4 more 15s with my key

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'm hoping to jump another ilvl from vault today. This week is supposed to be really good for pushing so hoping to knock out 3-4 more 15s with my key
    This is the official best push week to date, good luck and kick butt!!!

Pugging gets worse every week. Shitters can easily get into 13s & 14s now without having a clue about mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by MrHorner View Post
    Pugged a 14 TOP yesterday. The grp was doing fine until we get to the plataforms part.
    OMG we had a DK that died almost every pull. Got knoecked back everytime. The key got literally ruined because of him.
    Guess who got the loot? the DK of fking course.
    I guess I will just need to be a bit more toxic from now on, and be more strict with IO because that's what the game is forcing me to do.
    why the hell is always these people that get the loot? im not saying that im awesome but what the hell?!

Was doing a +15 TOP the other week, dungeon was going fine 0 deaths, dps a bit low but was going to time no issues just at 3rd boss with 8 minutes to go, the tank pulls one mob in to pop pride but hunter runs into to boss not noticing and uses BL as he thinks we doing boss he can FD boss agro not an issues but we used Lust. All the tank said was thats a bit of a waste of lust while we killed the pride. We pull boss hunters starts then steps back and HS out and comments now that a waste of key.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Pugging gets worse every week. Shitters can easily get into 13s & 14s now without having a clue about mechanics
    Sad to hear man

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But when it's not (for example the Mage Towers when they released) people are complaining that it's too difficult. We cannot have nice challenging well designed solo content because some players keep whining about it. That must be the reason why Blizzard completely scrapped the Mage Tower design despite it being very popular for a lot of players.
    Mage tower was ridiculous after a few weeks for most specs, due to gear.