Should professions be locked behind class?

Like the title says I'm wondering what you think about that? For example druids can only have LW, alchemy, herbalism or inscription, warriors can have mining. BS, JC...
    Something like locking classes behind races...

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Some professions are borderline useless. Also this game needs less restrictions not more. Races determining class eligibility is still whack that it exists anymore.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Even better lock the Profession behind the Race.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    No.

Some professions are borderline useless. Also this game needs less restrictions not more. Races determining class eligibility is still whack that it exists anymore.
    Some are useless because blizzard made them like that and because MB abused gathering professions. If there are less herbalists, miners and so on prices would be higher yes but so would if you limit who can be skinner, JC tailor and so on.
    Problem now is that blizzard doesn't care about professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Some are useless because blizzard made them like that and because MB abused gathering professions. If there are less herbalists, miners and so on prices would be higher yes but so would if you limit who can be skinner, JC tailor and so on.
    Problem now is that blizzard doesn't care about professions.
    My question is, what does your suggestion accomplish long term? Is it to reduce the amount of gatherers out there? Because news flash, it won't, people will have alts to gather. Not to mention basically your suggestion will essentially turn into restrict by armor class, or are you going to suggest there are some plate wears that can't make their own gear as blacksmith if they wanted?

Even if prices go up for materials, there are still professions that offer almost nothing of value anymore. Professions need to be rebuilt entirely, and not restricted by anything on who can have what.

Also if your change was implemented, does that mean all Mages who have Blacksmithing from Vanilla automatically lose it, losing any legacy patterns they have? That will go over great.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

No I'm saying if you are warrior, dk, pala you can make your own armor or gear but limit access to other professions that kinda don't fit the narrative.
    They can kinda solve it by making every professions needed in order to make certain items that are a must for each class/spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, and I don't understand what problem this is trying to solve nor what benefit this could possibly offer.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

What possible benefit could this bring to the game?

Bloodwulf is right. Less restrictions are more fun. A leatherworker should be able to make plate from hard-shelled creatures. The difference between blacksmiths and leather-workers is wether they harvest from moving and potentially elusive creatures or through laborious but predictable mining. By the same measure blacksmiths can make lighter armor from light metals. Tailors um, use magic.

No, and I don't understand what problem this is trying to solve nor what benefit this could possibly offer.

Get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    So much this.

this game needs less restrictions for character customization, not more