Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Lil Ego has a few hills he wants to die on, regardless of reality. This one just goes on the list.

I appreciate you seeing the difference here. Not saying you necessarily agree with my position, just that those two situations are clearly different.
    Some people are conflating "played a role in creating the situation" with "deserved to be killed". They are clearly not the same and it honestly baffles me that people think that they are. If I knock on my neighbour's door and yell in his face that he's a piece of shit, and then he knocks me the fuck out, it's clearly my own behaviour that played a significant part in me being attacked. Now you can say he should have just shut the door instead of getting violent, and that's reasonable, but ultimately it was my behaviour that he was reacting to.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You are one of those people.
    Seems like you just can't help but continue to lie. It's both sad and disappointing.

Remember this:

What law is it that I am wrong about?
    You people are so fucking adorable. Do you recall what I said that in response to? Or do you just like posting half the story? Do you need some more help? Because if you're confused about how responses work, there are some classes I can recommend taking.

Next time post the whole interaction, liar.

Edit: I misread Ego's statement. Correcting here where appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Some people are conflating "played a role in creating the situation" with "deserved to be killed". They are clearly not the same and it honestly baffles me that people think that they are. If I knock on my neighbour's door and yell in his face that he's a piece of shit, and then he knocks me the fuck out, it's clearly my own behaviour that played a significant part in me being attacked. Now you can say he should have just shut the door instead of getting violent, and that's reasonable, but ultimately it was my behaviour that he was reacting to.
    Exactly. And it's really sad that people can't see how those two concepts differ. I appreciate your position and analogy. I wish people like Lil Ego and Lil OJ would be more open to the idea they could be wrong, and discuss rather than attack. The irony will probably be lost on them as well.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-02-08 at 11:28 PM.

You people are so fucking adorable.
    If you want to have a civil discussion...stay civil.

Do you recall what I said that in response to?

I do recall

It was this line right here:

Nothing that justifies murder.
    So...what law is it that I am wrong about that justifies their murder?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. And it's really sad that people can't see how those two concepts differ. I appreciate your position and analogy. I wish people like Lil Ego and Lil OJ would be more open to the idea they could be wrong, and discuss rather than attack. The irony will probably be lost on them as well.
    Using insulting nicknames and then claiming the moral high ground. It's a great look.

If you want to have a civil discussion...stay civil.
    I do recall

It was this line right here:

So...what law is it that I am wrong about that justifies their murder?
    I was under the impression you said "nothing justified murder", but you did not. That's what I was responding to - my mistake. I'll correct above.

Using insulting nicknames and then claiming the moral high ground. It's a great look.
    Another word you don't know the meaning of. I was just referring to you and OJ without spelling out your entire names. People call me Cub all the time - not insulting. If you're confused about what insulting means, THAT is a good place for Wiki.

I'm not sure what you mean. They were all antagonising each other. They even goaded him when he appeared with a gun. It's not reasonable to say that they didn't play a part in creating that situation. Note that this does not mean they deserved to die.
    I feel like they shouldn’t be told they’re partially to blame for creating a situation which lead to them getting murdered, simply because they were antagonizing their neighbor.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

Yeah can’t say I’m shocked or don’t expect this kind of behavior.

Everyone has to push the limits. God forbid decency and self respect.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    We can just stop here - we're not going to agree.
    And thats why you are a dumb fuck.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I feel like they shouldn’t be told they’re partially to blame for creating a situation which lead to them getting murdered, simply because they were antagonizing their neighbor.
    I don’t agree treating the world and everyone in it with contempt and disrespect is going to get a reaction.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

I was under the impression you said "nothing justified murder", but you did not. That's what I was responding to - my mistake. I'll correct above.
    That's not much of an apology for calling me a liar.

Another word you don't know the meaning of. I was just referring to you and OJ without spelling out your entire names. People call me Cub all the time - not insulting. If you're confused about what insulting means, THAT is a good place for Wiki.
    If you just wanted to abbreviate our names "Ego" and "Joe" would have been shorter. There was no reason to add "Lil" to those names unless it was an attempt to be insulting.

The couple attacked someone and the person they attacked responded by attacking with deadly force.

Both sides have committed atrocities. One side was worse.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2021-02-08 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    And thats why you are a dumb fuck.
    Class with a capital "K". You are a tribute to your heritage.

Stop derailing the thread over assumed arguments/intent and stay civil.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I don’t agree treating the world and everyone in it with contempt and disrespect is going to get a reaction.
    Murdering people because of on-going “disrespect” is not an appropriate reaction, by any means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    The couple attacked someone and the person they attacked responded back by attacking with deadly force.

Both sides have committed atrocities. One side was worse.
    Shoveling snow into your neighbors yard and yelling at them, is “attacking”?
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

I don’t like the idea of suggesting anyone deserves to be murdered. I’m all for judging and in no sane world is this kind of reaction ok.

That being said did they create the situation? IMO yes.

It’s not a sane world people literally think you can do whatever the fuck you want with no consequences in law or life and every shit sense of humor can be remedied with (IT’S JUST A PRANK BRO)

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Stop derailing the thread over assumed arguments/intent and stay civil.
    I posted after you did this, hadn't seen this, then saw it, and removed my post. Just in case it still popped up on your radar.

Shoveling snow into your neighbors yard and yelling at them, is “attacking”?
    ...Yes? Obviously?

Murdering people because of on-going “disrespect” is not an appropriate reaction, by any means.
    I don't think anyone is saying it's appropriate. I'm certainly not. I believe the position is that the couple who were shot helped escalate the situation.

No no it’s not. But this was obviously on going and a lot more than that. Not everyone is going to take on going rudeness and disrespect. People have a breaking point.

The two people shot gave no fucks about that.

Agreed. How can people let things like this just go on and on. Sounds like the shooter was irrationally fed up with all the bullshit the neighbor couple sent his way.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's not. That's not victim blaming. Period.

What did the neighbor couple do?
    Dumped some snow and said some mean words. Nothing that warrants getting a gun and execution at close range.

I don't think anyone is saying it's appropriate. I'm certainly not. I believe the position is that the couple who were shot helped escalate the situation.
    They did a hell of a lot more than escalate. They belittled and were dismissive. This wasn’t the first or only time. They didn’t give any fucks about what they were doing how the other guy was feeling and specifically treated him like shit.

The guy fucking snapped and as a human being I empathize with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Dumped some snow and said some mean words. Nothing that warrants getting a gun and execution at close range.
    Yes and you know what else was going on in his life?

Like his mental state or what might have gone on before all this?

Yeah but right fuck his feelings right. Just do say whatever you want fuck him right?

Personally I wouldn’t want to live near any of them.