Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Dumped some snow and said some mean words. Nothing that warrants getting a gun and execution at close range.
    It was more than that, over decades - and I'm going to say it again - the shooting wasn't justified. At all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    They did a hell of a lot more than escalate. They belittled and were dismissive. This wasn’t the first or only time. They didn’t give any fucks about what they were doing how the other guy was feeling and specifically treated him like shit.

The guy fucking snapped and as a human being I empathize with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and you know what else was going on in his life?

Like his mental state or what might have gone on before all this?

Yeah but right fuck his feelings right. Just do say whatever you want fuck him right?

Personally I wouldn’t want to live near any of them.
    That's what really bothers me is that people like Ego and OJ think there is just one side to this situation. Of course nothing justified the guy shooting them, but holy shit if they weren't entirely culpable in escalating the situation.

Yeah but right fuck his feelings right. Just do say whatever you want fuck him right?

Yeah. Fuck him. Fuck his feelings.

Did you watch the video? He didn't just lose his temper and acted out in the heat of the moment. After shooting them both several times he went back inside and grabbed another gun to finish them both off at point blank range.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's not much of an apology for calling me a liar.
    You're still a liar - you lied twice in our brief exchange. I fixed the one time I was incorrect. That's all you'll get. You should try being more civil and honest next time.

They did a hell of a lot more than escalate. They belittled and were dismissive. This wasn’t the first or only time. They didn’t give any fucks about what they were doing how the other guy was feeling and specifically treated him like shit.

The guy fucking snapped and as a human being I empathize with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Fuck his feelings. I don’t care how pissed you are at life nothing someone says to you gives you a right to execute them in the street.

- - - Updated - - -
    @cubby Why are you making assumptions?

Did you watch the video? He didn't just lose his temper and acted out in the heat of the moment. After shooting them both several times he went back inside and grabbed another gun to finish them both off at point blank range.
    I wonder what could have happened in their long and sordid history that resulted in him acting that way?

The shooter clearly went bat-shit nuts - nay even "postal". Also, as an aside, he didn't "finish them off" - iirc they were both dead before he went back to get his rifle. The shooter was clearly off the deep end at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

That's what really bothers me is that people like Ego and OJ think there is just one side to this situation. Of course nothing justified the guy shooting them, but holy shit if they weren't entirely culpable in escalating the situation.
    If you want to move on from the situation...keep my name out of your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes. Fuck his feelings. I don’t care how pissed you are at life nothing someone says to you gives you a right to execute them in the street.

- - - Updated - - -
    @cubby Why are you making assumptions?
    Could you clarify? What assumptions?
    (happy to answer, just want to be sure I'm answering the right thing )

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to move on from the situation...keep my name out of your responses.
    I'm fine where I am. You can move on if you'd like.

I'll respond how I please, within the confines of the rules. And since you posted in this thread, I'm more than happy to refer to your statements where appropriate.

I wonder what could have happened in their long and sordid history that resulted in him acting that way?
    It. Doesn't. Matter.

It. Doesn't. Matter.
    Yes. It. Does.

I'm fine where I am. You can move on if you'd like.
    You were the one that wanted to move on. If you want to re-engage, I am fine with that as well.

Again nothing justifies that. And nothing justifies the way he was treated.

The world doesn’t just exist for you and what you think. The way other people feel is important. We all get angry and heated.

But if my neighbor freaked out because I accidentally shoveled snow on his property (Not the case in this situation where it was deliberate)
    My first instinct wouldn’t be to tell them “go fuck them selves” or “what are you going to do about it”.

No because I can’t, but because I’d rather reasonable or not in my view talk to them like a human being apologize work out some kind of arrangement.

Because this is my god damn neighbor. Treating him with respect is an investment just like shooting ones fucking mouth off.

I see the investment this man and his wife made.

- - - Updated - - -

It. Doesn't. Matter.
    It does and treating people like shit is stupid. Got enough of that attitude then these are the results.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Again nothing justifies that. And nothing justifies the way he was treated.

The world doesn’t just exist for you and what you think. The way other people feel is important. We all get angry and heated.

But if my neighbor freaked out because I accidentally shoveled snow on his property (Not the case in this situation where it was deliberate)
    My first instinct wouldn’t be to tell them “go fuck them selves” or “what are you going to do about it”.

No because I can’t, but because I’d rather reasonable or not in my view talk to them like a human being apologize work out some kind of arrangement.

Because this is my god damn neighbor. Treating him with respect is an investment just like shooting ones fucking mouth off.

I see the investment this man and his wife made.

- - - Updated - - -

It does and treating people like shit is stupid. Got enough of that attitude then these are the results.
    Ego thinks in terms of black and white. And people don't interact that way. I agree especially with your sentiment regarding how the shooter was treated.

You're still a liar - you lied twice in our brief exchange. I fixed the one time I was incorrect. That's all you'll get. You should try being more civil and honest next time.
    I never lied. I paraphrased.

Also, I believe there was already a warning about this. Try to follow the instructions of the moderators.

The only one I feel bad for is the kid. -2 homophobes and 1 stone cold murderer.

That sounds an awful lot like someone making justifications for murder.

I never lied. I paraphrased.

Also, I believe there was already a warning about this. Try to follow the instructions of the moderators.
    The warning was for another issue. I am following the moderators request. Please read things you refer to.

You did lie. Twice.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds an awful lot like someone making justifications for murder.
    But it's not - and this point is continually lost on you. You seem to be unable to differentiate between justification and escalating behavior. We don't know how else to explain it to you.

The shooter clearly went bat-shit nuts - nay even "postal". Also, as an aside, he didn't "finish them off" - iirc they were both dead before he went back to get his rifle. The shooter was clearly off the deep end at that point.
    That's false. The wife is still alive when he comes back out and shoots her in the head.

This thread reminds me of school shooters that snap, killing their tormentors after years of being bullied, and people claiming those bullies were innocent and the shooter was just a nut job...

That's false. The wife is still alive when he comes back out and shoots her in the head.
    Gotcha - ok, so just half off the deep end. I mean, holy shit did that guy have some issues.

Totally spit balling here - I wonder if he saw how this would play out and had already decided to kill himself, but wanted to make sure he finished it first. Ok, nvm - that's too horrid to think about.

It doesn't matter what they were doing outside. It doesn't warrant him going to grab a gun, emptying the clip into them, going back inside, grabbing another gun, and going back out to shoot them again.
    The biggest equivalence I can make of this is if I were to walk up to someone, start yelling at them and harassing them to be an ass for the sole purpose to get a response out of them and then get punched in the face because of said goading. While I am the victim and the person shouldn't have punched me, I shouldn't have also purposely went out of my way to goad said person. Like the video of the kid who got beaten by the guy with a can of Twisted Tea after he kept using the N word and wouldn't stop after being told to stop.

So far I haven't seen anyone state that the guy doing the shooting is innocent nor isn't at blame. The couple was also purposefully antagonizing the guy for whatever reason hence they are not blameless in it. They did not deserve to get shot but they also shouldn't go out of their way to goad someone into a reaction which they did do while also goading said person who was then brandishing a firearm.

This is far different then blaming a rape victim for wearing a certain type of clothing or anything like that. That type of thing is one person just minding their own business.