Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I feel like they shouldn’t be told they’re partially to blame for creating a situation which lead to them getting murdered, simply because they were antagonizing their neighbor.
    I don’t agree treating the world and everyone in it with contempt and disrespect is going to get a reaction.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I was under the impression you said "nothing justified murder", but you did not. That's what I was responding to - my mistake. I'll correct above.
    That's not much of an apology for calling me a liar.

Another word you don't know the meaning of. I was just referring to you and OJ without spelling out your entire names. People call me Cub all the time - not insulting. If you're confused about what insulting means, THAT is a good place for Wiki.
    If you just wanted to abbreviate our names "Ego" and "Joe" would have been shorter. There was no reason to add "Lil" to those names unless it was an attempt to be insulting.

I feel like they shouldn’t be told they’re partially to blame for creating a situation which lead to them getting murdered, simply because they were antagonizing their neighbor.
    The couple attacked someone and the person they attacked responded by attacking with deadly force.

Both sides have committed atrocities. One side was worse.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2021-02-08 at 11:35 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    And thats why you are a dumb fuck.
    Class with a capital "K". You are a tribute to your heritage.

5+ Year Old Account
    Stop derailing the thread over assumed arguments/intent and stay civil.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Some people are conflating "played a role in creating the situation" with "deserved to be killed". They are clearly not the same and it honestly baffles me that people think that they are. If I knock on my neighbour's door and yell in his face that he's a piece of shit, and then he knocks me the fuck out, it's clearly my own behaviour that played a significant part in me being attacked. Now you can say he should have just shut the door instead of getting violent, and that's reasonable, but ultimately it was my behaviour that he was reacting to.
    I don’t like the idea of suggesting anyone deserves to be murdered. I’m all for judging and in no sane world is this kind of reaction ok.

That being said did they create the situation? IMO yes.

It’s not a sane world people literally think you can do whatever the fuck you want with no consequences in law or life and every shit sense of humor can be remedied with (IT’S JUST A PRANK BRO)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Stop derailing the thread over assumed arguments/intent and stay civil.
    I posted after you did this, hadn't seen this, then saw it, and removed my post. Just in case it still popped up on your radar.

Shoveling snow into your neighbors yard and yelling at them, is “attacking”?
    ...Yes? Obviously?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Murdering people because of on-going “disrespect” is not an appropriate reaction, by any means.
    I don't think anyone is saying it's appropriate. I'm certainly not. I believe the position is that the couple who were shot helped escalate the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Murdering people because of on-going “disrespect” is not an appropriate reaction, by any means.
    No no it’s not. But this was obviously on going and a lot more than that. Not everyone is going to take on going rudeness and disrespect. People have a breaking point.

The two people shot gave no fucks about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone is saying it's appropriate. I'm certainly not. I believe the position is that the couple who were shot helped escalate the situation.
    They did a hell of a lot more than escalate. They belittled and were dismissive. This wasn’t the first or only time. They didn’t give any fucks about what they were doing how the other guy was feeling and specifically treated him like shit.

The guy fucking snapped and as a human being I empathize with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Dumped some snow and said some mean words. Nothing that warrants getting a gun and execution at close range.
    Yes and you know what else was going on in his life?

Like his mental state or what might have gone on before all this?

Yeah but right fuck his feelings right. Just do say whatever you want fuck him right?

Personally I wouldn’t want to live near any of them.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dumped some snow and said some mean words. Nothing that warrants getting a gun and execution at close range.
    It was more than that, over decades - and I'm going to say it again - the shooting wasn't justified. At all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    They did a hell of a lot more than escalate. They belittled and were dismissive. This wasn’t the first or only time. They didn’t give any fucks about what they were doing how the other guy was feeling and specifically treated him like shit.

The guy fucking snapped and as a human being I empathize with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but right fuck his feelings right. Just do say whatever you want fuck him right?

That's what really bothers me is that people like Ego and OJ think there is just one side to this situation. Of course nothing justified the guy shooting them, but holy shit if they weren't entirely culpable in escalating the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Yeah. Fuck him. Fuck his feelings.

Did you watch the video? He didn't just lose his temper and acted out in the heat of the moment. After shooting them both several times he went back inside and grabbed another gun to finish them both off at point blank range.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's not much of an apology for calling me a liar.
    You're still a liar - you lied twice in our brief exchange. I fixed the one time I was incorrect. That's all you'll get. You should try being more civil and honest next time.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Fuck him. Fuck his feelings.

Did you watch the video? He didn't just lose his temper and acted out in the heat of the moment. After shooting them both several times he went back inside and grabbed another gun to finish them both off at point blank range.
    I wonder what could have happened in their long and sordid history that resulted in him acting that way?

The shooter clearly went bat-shit nuts - nay even "postal". Also, as an aside, he didn't "finish them off" - iirc they were both dead before he went back to get his rifle. The shooter was clearly off the deep end at that point.

That's what really bothers me is that people like Ego and OJ think there is just one side to this situation. Of course nothing justified the guy shooting them, but holy shit if they weren't entirely culpable in escalating the situation.
    If you want to move on from the situation...keep my name out of your responses.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Fuck his feelings. I don’t care how pissed you are at life nothing someone says to you gives you a right to execute them in the street.

- - - Updated - - -
    @cubby Why are you making assumptions?
    Could you clarify? What assumptions?
    (happy to answer, just want to be sure I'm answering the right thing )

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to move on from the situation...keep my name out of your responses.
    I'm fine where I am. You can move on if you'd like.

I'll respond how I please, within the confines of the rules. And since you posted in this thread, I'm more than happy to refer to your statements where appropriate.

I wonder what could have happened in their long and sordid history that resulted in him acting that way?
    It. Doesn't. Matter.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It. Doesn't. Matter.
    Yes. It. Does.

I'm fine where I am. You can move on if you'd like.
    You were the one that wanted to move on. If you want to re-engage, I am fine with that as well.