Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Only one side pulled a gun. Only one side went back to his house, to get another gun to finish the job. There are no execuses at all. He is a murderer. The couple are not.
    He was a murderer he blew his head of when the cops arrived.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I know it's insane to think that anything the couple did made the shooter's reaction justified/felt warranted in the shooter's perspective... but how are we to know?
    We know they didn't pull a gun on him, so beyond that it don't matter.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You might feel that way, but the law says your wrong.
    No, it doesn't. Even if they had done something that warranted the initial shootings... any legal defense he might have had gets thrown out the window when he goes back inside, grabs his rifle and comes back out to shoot them again.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You know. I'm about to get infracted for this. but it's dumb fucks like you that think this way that make this country sooo fucking shit....

So FUCK YOU and your victim blaming
    Nice - way to keep the conversation civil, and without ever clarifying my position.

Also - you should look up what victim blaming actually means - you are clearly posting from a position of ignorance.

Victim blaming is something else than this situation dignifies. You're taking every situation in your emotional history and placing it over this individual situation. I've already said the couple's actions don't justify murder, but to say they were completely blameless is ridiculous.

The couple was not blameless. They didn't deserve what happened to them at all, but blameless? Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice - way to keep the conversation civil, and without ever clarifying my position.
    There is no civil with stupid fucks like you.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Only one side pulled a gun. Only one side went back to his house, to get another gun to finish the job. There are no execuses at all. He is a murderer. The couple are not.
    I find myself enjoying the position of towing a delicate line here, so everyone just have at me, because it's easier to lash out than listen, right?

Nothing does justify the shooters actions. Nothing. And that doesn't even address the issue of going back in and getting another gun and then shooting them some more. But he couple who died had their own issues they unloaded on him. So they were not blameless. They helped escalate the situation dramatically.

Read the whole article, and the others that have covered the history of these crazy people.

Also - you should look up what victim blaming actually means - you are clearly posting from a position of ignorance.
    No, you should:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_blaming
    Victim blaming occurs when the victim of a crime or any wrongful act is held entirely or partially at fault for the harm that befell them.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We know they didn't pull a gun on him, so beyond that it don't matter.
    Why? Why doesn't it matter?

You really, really need to learn what victim blaming means. Because this isn't the case at all.

I find myself enjoying the position of towing a delicate line here, so everyone just have at me, because it's easier to lash out than listen, right?

Nothing does justify the shooters actions. Nothing. And that doesn't even address the issue of going back in and getting another gun and then shooting them some more. But he couple who died had their own issues they unloaded on him. So they were not blameless. They helped escalate the situation dramatically.

Read the whole article, and the others that have covered the history of these crazy people.

"Look at the dress she was wearing"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    No, you should:

Victim blaming occurs when the victim of a crime or any wrongful act is held entirely or partially at fault for the harm that befell them.
    Exactly - in this case the couple who was shot was not entirely innocent. Hence blaming them in some way is NOT victim blaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    People like him should be placed in front of a firing squad with fake ammo daily until one day the rifles will be loaded with live ammo and he'll actually get killed.
    He dead, suicide.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is no civil with stupid fucks like you.
    You're fun. Come back when you're ready for a civil conversation. Otherwise, the only uncivility we're seeing is you and your violently emotional attacks.

Understanding why this guy committed murder, perhaps it was ongoing antagonizing and so on, that is a reason. What he did, regardless of the reason, is not reasonable.

Everyone involved here is a victim. That does not make their behavior worth respecting or empathizing with either- victims can be scumbags too.

This ain't cool, guys. This is sad and pathetic.

Exactly - in this case the couple who was shot was not entirely innocent. Hence blaming them in some way is NOT victim blaming.
    That's exactly what it is.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Look at the dress she was wearing"
    Exactly! That's the difference. Thank you.

Rape victims who are blamed for their dress/behavior is victim blaming.

Here, the couple who was murdered, purposefully, and over years, dramatically escalated the situation. The shooters actions aren't justified, but saying the couple was without blame is pure stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly what it is.
    No, it's not. See above.

10+ Year Old Account

Victim blaming is something else than this situation dignifies. You're taking every situation in your emotional history and placing it over this individual situation. I've already said the couple's actions don't justify murder, but to say they were completely blameless is ridiculous.

The couple was not blameless. They didn't deserve what happened to them at all, but blameless? Not even close.
    Why? Why doesn't it matter?

You really, really need to learn what victim blaming means. Because this isn't the case at all.
    You are saying they have some blame.

Victim blaming occurs when the victim of a crime or any wrongful act is held entirely or partially at fault for the harm that befell them

You are saying they have partial blame. You are victim blaming by the very definition. They did not do anything that warranted being shot and executed in the street. You are wrong and a dumb fuck.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Understanding why this guy committed murder, perhaps it was ongoing antagonizing and so on, that is a reason. What he did, regardless of the reason, is not reasonable.

Everyone involved here is a victim. That does not make their behavior worth respecting or empathizing with either- victims can be scumbags too.

This ain't cool, guys. This is sad and pathetic.
    I could not agree more.

- - - Updated - - -

You are saying they have some blame.
    The couple does have blame. They were part of the escalating situation.

You are saying they have partial blame. You are victim blaming by the very definition. They did not do anything that warranted being shot and executed in the street. You are wrong and a dumb fuck.
    Victim blaming isn't a short paragraph in a wiki article. It's an entire school of thought.

The girl who was raped getting blamed for wearing a pretty dress is victim blaming. A couple that did what they did over several years/decades is not some innocent victim.

The fact that you don't know even this basic tenet of this social cause just proves your outwardly emotional violent reactions are hitting somewhere close to home. Would you like to explain?

Exactly! That's the difference. Thank you.

Rape victims who are blamed for their dress/behavior is victim blaming.

Here, the couple who was murdered, purposefully, and over years, dramatically escalated the situation. The shooters actions aren't justified, but saying the couple was without blame is pure stupidity.
    You're blaming them for the crime that was committed against them because of their behaviour...it is the exact same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Victim blaming isn't a short paragraph in a wiki article. It's an entire school of thought.
    "Go look up the definition of victim blaming"

Definition provided

"I don't agree with that definition...I substitute my own"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're blaming them for the crime that was committed against them because of their behaviour...it is the exact same thing.
    And yet it's not. I can't believe you're so naive to think that a wiki summary defines a social movement.

And yet it's not. I can't believe you're so naive to think that a wiki summary defines a social movement.
    And I can't believe you are blaming people for their own murder. But here we are.

In one sentence you say "this is not justifiable". and in the next you add "but they kinda had it coming"

Not justifiable means you stop looking for reasons to justify it.