Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You're blaming them for the crime that was committed against them because of their behaviour...it is the exact same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

"Go look up the definition of victim blaming"

Definition provided

"I don't agree with that definition...I substitute my own"
    We can just stop here - we're not going to agree.

"Look what she was wearing...she was asking for it"
    Not comparable at all.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And I can't believe you are blaming people for their own murder. But here we are.

In one sentence you say "this is not justifiable". and in the next you add "but they kinda had it coming"

Not justifiable means you stop looking for reasons to justify it.
    The couple was just sitting outside, doing nothing, and they were shot? That's how it went down?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Understanding why this guy committed murder, perhaps it was ongoing antagonizing and so on, that is a reason. What he did, regardless of the reason, is not reasonable.

Everyone involved here is a victim. That does not make their behavior worth respecting or empathizing with either- victims can be scumbags too.

This ain't cool, guys. This is sad and pathetic.
    More than anything, the reaction many people appear to have to this situation is just strange. On the one hand, you can see from the victim's actions how they agitated and helped exacerbate an already tense situation, but then there appears to be some who take this antagonism and use it to justify or excuse the murders, which it clearly doesn't. It's happening less so on this forum than in the Reddit thread, but it's just so strange how some people are posting paragraphs justifying the actions. I even saw a few people justifying the murders, pointing out how one of the victims made a homophobic remark (i.e.: The male said, "You go fuck yourself you fucking q***r" to the shooter) and painting the shooter as the sole victim.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Not comparable at all.
    Lil Ego has a few hills he wants to die on, regardless of reality. This one just goes on the list.

I appreciate you seeing the difference here. Not saying you necessarily agree with my position, just that those two situations are clearly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    “Partly responsible”.... for a spat about snow? Nah. That’s a very skewed way to look at it.
    I'm not sure what you mean. They were all antagonising each other. They even goaded him when he appeared with a gun. It's not reasonable to say that they didn't play a part in creating that situation. Note that this does not mean they deserved to die.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The couple was just sitting outside, doing nothing, and they were shot? That's how it went down?
    It doesn't matter what they were doing outside. It doesn't warrant him going to grab a gun, emptying the clip into them, going back inside, grabbing another gun, and going back out to shoot them again.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    More than anything, the reaction many people appear to have to this situation is just strange. On the one hand, you can see from the victim's actions how they agitated and helped exacerbate an already tense situation, but then there appears to be some who take this antagonism and use it to justify or excuse the murders, which it clearly doesn't. It's happening less so on this forum than in the Reddit thread, but it's just so strange how some people are posting paragraphs justifying the actions. I even saw a few people justifying the murders, pointing out how one of the victims made a homophobic remark (i.e.: The male said, "You go fuck yourself you fucking q***r" to the shooter) and painting the shooter as the sole victim.
    It is amazing that people are even remotely claiming the shootings were justified. That is a terrifying problem that seems to be just getting worse as the world continues to turn.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't matter what they were doing outside. It doesn't warrant him going to grab a gun, emptying the clip into them, going back inside, grabbing another gun, and going back out to shoot them again.
    Of course it doesn't warrant it. That's not what I'm saying. You are comingling two entirely separate concepts here.

- - - Updated - - -

And I can't believe you are blaming people for their own murder. But here we are.

In one sentence you say "this is not justifiable". and in the next you add "but they kinda had it coming"

Not justifiable means you stop looking for reasons to justify it.
    Now you're a liar. You and Lil OJ ought to get a room or something.

You go ahead and link the post where I said "they kinda had it coming".

Otherwise, stop lying.

The couple had a 15 year old with autism that has to be cared for by the survivors now. Just an FYI.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-02-08 at 11:58 PM.

Now you're a liar. You and Lil OJ ought to get a room or something.

You go ahead and link the post where I said "they kinda had it coming".

Otherwise, stop lying.
    I was paraphrasing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was paraphrasing.
    Then don't use quotes.

We're not going to agree on this subject. Maybe we could choose another aspect to discuss or just move on.

It is amazing that people are even remotely claiming the shootings were justified. That is a terrifying problem that seems to be just getting worse as the world continues to turn.
    You are one of those people.

Remember this:

You might feel that way, but the law says your wrong.
    What law is it that I am wrong about?

I wish I didn't click this thread, not due to anyone post's, just didn't expect to read about senseless deaths which just has an empty sad conclusion that ugh. now need to go cleanse my mind from this.

Then don't use quotes.

We're not going to agree on this subject. Maybe we could choose another aspect to discuss or just move on.
    Go ahead and move on. I'm fine where I am.

Lil Ego has a few hills he wants to die on, regardless of reality. This one just goes on the list.

I appreciate you seeing the difference here. Not saying you necessarily agree with my position, just that those two situations are clearly different.
    Some people are conflating "played a role in creating the situation" with "deserved to be killed". They are clearly not the same and it honestly baffles me that people think that they are. If I knock on my neighbour's door and yell in his face that he's a piece of shit, and then he knocks me the fuck out, it's clearly my own behaviour that played a significant part in me being attacked. Now you can say he should have just shut the door instead of getting violent, and that's reasonable, but ultimately it was my behaviour that he was reacting to.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You are one of those people.
    Seems like you just can't help but continue to lie. It's both sad and disappointing.

Remember this:

What law is it that I am wrong about?
    You people are so fucking adorable. Do you recall what I said that in response to? Or do you just like posting half the story? Do you need some more help? Because if you're confused about how responses work, there are some classes I can recommend taking.

Next time post the whole interaction, liar.

Edit: I misread Ego's statement. Correcting here where appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Some people are conflating "played a role in creating the situation" with "deserved to be killed". They are clearly not the same and it honestly baffles me that people think that they are. If I knock on my neighbour's door and yell in his face that he's a piece of shit, and then he knocks me the fuck out, it's clearly my own behaviour that played a significant part in me being attacked. Now you can say he should have just shut the door instead of getting violent, and that's reasonable, but ultimately it was my behaviour that he was reacting to.
    Exactly. And it's really sad that people can't see how those two concepts differ. I appreciate your position and analogy. I wish people like Lil Ego and Lil OJ would be more open to the idea they could be wrong, and discuss rather than attack. The irony will probably be lost on them as well.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-02-08 at 11:28 PM.

You people are so fucking adorable.
    If you want to have a civil discussion...stay civil.

Do you recall what I said that in response to?

I do recall

It was this line right here:

Nothing that justifies murder.
    So...what law is it that I am wrong about that justifies their murder?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. And it's really sad that people can't see how those two concepts differ. I appreciate your position and analogy. I wish people like Lil Ego and Lil OJ would be more open to the idea they could be wrong, and discuss rather than attack. The irony will probably be lost on them as well.
    Using insulting nicknames and then claiming the moral high ground. It's a great look.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you want to have a civil discussion...stay civil.
    I do recall

It was this line right here:

So...what law is it that I am wrong about that justifies their murder?
    I was under the impression you said "nothing justified murder", but you did not. That's what I was responding to - my mistake. I'll correct above.

Using insulting nicknames and then claiming the moral high ground. It's a great look.
    Another word you don't know the meaning of. I was just referring to you and OJ without spelling out your entire names. People call me Cub all the time - not insulting. If you're confused about what insulting means, THAT is a good place for Wiki.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah can’t say I’m shocked or don’t expect this kind of behavior.

Everyone has to push the limits. God forbid decency and self respect.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We can just stop here - we're not going to agree.
    And thats why you are a dumb fuck.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.