Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I'm not bringing it up. I'm defending myself from being called a liar after I have already clarified that I was paraphrasing what you had said.

When I said "you were one of those people" I was referring to when you said that the law was on his side. Which is the statement that you then said you were incorrect about.

So, I'd advise you to let this go now.
    You are bringing it up. Over and over again, even after you claim you were warned. Please follow the Moderator's warning.

Let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anger is temporary madness.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You are bringing it up. Over and over again, even after you claim you were warned. Please follow the Moderator's warning.

Let it go.
    1) The warning was for the thread...not for any one individual
    2) You brought it up by continuing to accuse me of lying even after i have clarified my intent. i am merely defending myself against your unwarranted attacks on my character.
    3) So, you can choose to let it go now....or you can continue to to derail the thread with your accusations
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-02-09 at 12:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sweet, so long as I’m mad I’m not guilty for reasons of insanity.
    The point

-----------

Your head

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, so you assumed shit. And for all you know he’s the one who was being an asshole the entire time and they were just responding. Hell, in the video they make that very claim. Nothing they did gives them ANY culpability in the events that happened. He was an unstable nut job who shouldn’t have been allowed to own a steak knife, let alone guns. As evidenced by him executing people in the street for shoveling snow.
    No, I didn't assume anything. Maybe we're misunderstanding here. The couple and the guy have a long-standing feud over various things, including the couple shoveling snow into his yard.

I was trying to say that I couldn't find the initial article where I saw the information about the long standing hostility, but I linked one that did mention it.

Like a dog that won't let go;

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Thing is though is that people do have a breaking point mentally. When a person is bullied enough(not saying that this is the case here), they tend to have a mental breakdown and violence is usually the outcome of said thing. Either to themselves through mutilation or suicide or to others. That is why we need to take bullying seriously as the outcome from it tends to be far far worse for all parties invovled.
    Nobody, in the history of school shooting, has ever said bullying shouldn't be taken seriously. You're focusing on the wrong thing. Big picture, mate. Yes, bullying is bad. But shooting people dead is so, so much worse that the bullying aspect really becomes more of a side note in the story than the actual issue.

There is no binary choice of what to address, by the way. Both should be addressed. Any behaviour that affects society negatively in a manner that society does not tolerate needs to be corrected. You trying to shove the big issue aside for the side note of the story is problematic in this context, though. You are focusing your energy on analysing the bullies, the implication being that if you bully, death is an accepted and inevitable outcome. That is not the lesson society accepts. If you think like that, you have a problem and might very well be the next video's star...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    1) The warning was for the thread...not for any one individual
    2) You brought it up by continuing to accuse me of lying even after i have clarified my intent. i am merely defending myself against your unwarranted attacks on my character.
    3) So, you can choose to let it go now....or you can continue to to derail the thread with your accusations
    Then you should follow the warning. Please stop baiting me into discussing forbidden topics. You were warned previously by the Moderator.

I won't respond to any more bait attempts by you.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-02-09 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Forbidden Topics - Warning

Then you should follow the warning. Please stop baiting me into discussing forbidden topics. You were warned previously by the Moderator.

I won't respond to any more bait attempts by you.
    I'm not baiting you. As i have said...I am defending myself against your accusations.

As for not responding to me any more on this subject...That's all I have been asking you to do for several posts now.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-02-09 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Forbidden Topics - Warning

You two need to get a room. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Lol, yeah. Sometimes people get caught up in shit. The irony is fucking thick.

That aside, I'm fascinated by the binary nature of the issues in this horrifically tragic case.

I was thinking of tossing a gun between the two of them...y'know...make it interesting.an unloaded gun...because I'm not that crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    You're missing the point. Nobody ever said school shooters aren't being bullied. The point is, being bullied doesn't justify you going on a rampage. Sure, people are dicks... but being the ultimate dick and killing everyone is not accepted in society. Hopefully never will be.
    It's deliberately missing the point. "School shooter were bullied" is a trope that is mostly fiction. It fits people's narrativize that Charles Bronson or Liam Neeson "were perfectly reasonable guys until ... they got harassed ".
    So many people have grown up with this in games or movies, and internalized it.

History of shooter events show that most of the shooters already had fantasies about acting out violently. Sometimes fueled by racism and white supremacy.
    Misogyny and spouse abuse are another recurring theme for shooters. Stalking and harrassing women. Until the woman has the nerve to outright reject the guy.

So gaming addicts on this thread casting blame on the victims isnt the biggest shock. They're basically reserving the right to act out their own power fantasies if "Someone pushes them too far..."
    Government Affiliated Snark

Lol, yeah. Sometimes people get caught up in shit. The irony is fucking thick.

That aside, I'm fascinated by the binary nature of the issues in this horrifically tragic case.
    I'm a sick bastard, so I'll not be ashamed to say this... but this is an oddly satisfying case of social discussion where several lessons can be learnt and we have conclusion all neatly packed into a 5 minute video of three assholes improving society by their absence.

HOWEVER, I also can appreciate the controversy. It makes for a really good discussion. As I said several lessons can be learnt here. What I'm more interested in is the context of this happening in the greater social development of the US, where I notice a trend to more binary confrontationalism in... well, basically every aspect of life. The US is still spiralling down, from my perspective. Devolving into a more brutal society as a whole.

Now, mind you I am well aware that my viewpoint is skewed in that I only get presented the scandalous or super important news. I don't care about Good Morning America's 3034th puppy dog being shown on TV, so it probably isn't as bad as I think. And yet, I don't hear a lot of these types of stories out of Canada, Australia, any of the European nations...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentGreymane View Post
    So gaming addicts on this thread casting blame on the victims isnt the biggest shock. They're basically reserving the right to act out their own power fantasies if "Someone pushes them too far..."
    Yep, and that is the danger I see in this video. People might take it as an example and live out their own dark fantasies. We'll see if this produces copycats. It seems obscure enough that society may get away with a single incident like this. And people will forgive me, but this is a fucking low hanging fruit... this is what happens in a gun culture. There is no denying that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really surprised to see 7 pages on this, I didn't see much room for discussion, don't shoot people, don't be assholes, ESH, etc..
    /s

And people will forgive me, but this is a fucking low hanging fruit... this is what happens in a gun culture. There is no denying that.
    While in many ways i agree with you...there's a mod warning in the topic about keeping this thread away from discussions involving gun control.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    While in many ways i agree with you...there's a mod warning in the topic about keeping this thread away from discussions involving gun control.
    Then my infraction is already incoming. @Rozz is just looking for excuses to get my ass banned again. Thanks for the headsup tho, fuck random mod warnings in the middle of a thread...

Then my infraction is already incoming. @Rozz is just looking for excuses to get my ass banned again. Thanks for the headsup tho, fuck random mod warnings in the middle of a thread...
    It's not in the middle of the thread...it's in the OP.

I just mention it so that it doesn't go too far into that direction.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It's not in the middle of the thread...it's in the OP.

I just mention it so that it doesn't go too far into that direction.
    Yep, and I'm on page 7. I don't even remember what the OP looked like lol.

More than the video, this THREAD (with two maniacs fighting like children) illustrate to me why I never EVER antagonize anyone. Sure, if a psycho kills me over some inconsequential crap, he's at fault, but so what? I'M STILL DEAD. What, is my corpse going to have the satisfaction of saying "ha, see HE was in the wrong."