Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Dangit Edge, you're steering the convo into sad rozz territory, don't make rozz sad.
    It's not my intention! I just want more videos of pathetic, out of shape middle-aged dudes gently bumping chests and screaming sweet nothings at each other before the fists start flyin, the chests start heavin, and the person filming screams "WORLD STARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" like their life depends on it.

If folks are gonna fight over stupid shit, it'd better at least be for our collective entertainment. As is, this is just a depressing tragedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    You want to make some argument about their behavior - okay - but what does that have to do with shooting them while they're already wounded laying prone on the ground?
    Easy the guy dumping snow on his property wanted to play the game who doesn't give any fucks.

The shooter was a piece of shit. They may have been rude to him - certainly they were in that video - but we know very little about what happened. Given that he thought it through, fetched a bigger gun, then came out and executed them - I tend to think he was an unreasonable person. What unreasonable things did he do to provoke their anger that day? We could loop on this endlessly, try to figure out which party was more rude pre-shooting. At the end of the day, the couple's shittiness was of the normal, everyday kind - the shooter crossed into monster territory, and you seem to be looking for reasons to excuse him for that.
    You're right I don't know any of the individuals personally or clinically, but based on my observation the loud mouth shoveling snow on his neighbors lawn seemed to want to find out. I am not going to say he deserved to die or his wife. But your right his attitude was all too common.

The I don't give a fuck about how I treat people or what I say. This is NOT the only time that kind of behavior turned out this way.

There doesn't need to be an excuse, I see this for what it is, what YOU seem to be trying to do is milk sympathy for a guy who literally gave no fucks treated his neighbor like shit and like too many wanted to see just how far he could push it.

Well that is an option in life
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Because someone asked me, and I'm an attorney - so I gave an example of mitigating circumstances in a violent situation. I happen to agree with you otherwise.
    It's still a poor example.

We're riding on nuances here, and I usually get into trouble trying this in a written communication forum. So I apologize ahead of time if I'm not as clear as I would like to be. My point is that the couple played a part in escalating the antagonism and violence in this situation. They are not innocent here. However, is what they did justification for being shot repeatedly? No, not at all.
    That's where i have issues though...not that I think you are saying that he was justified...just this idea of "played a part in escalating"...really comes across like victim blaming. That they should have been nicer and then they wouldn't have gotten shot.

I understand in this case that it was a long running feud and it's not clear what the initial cause of that feud even was...but in the end it doesn't matter. He shot them. He walked up to them while they were on the ground and shot them again. He went to get another gun and shot them again.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not my intention! I just want more videos of pathetic, out of shape middle-aged dudes gently bumping chests and screaming sweet nothings at each other before the fists start flying, the chests start heavin, and the person filming screams "WORLD STARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" like their life depends on it.

If folks are gonna fight over stupid shit, it'd better at least be for our collective entertainment. As is, this is just a depressing tragedy.
    Just spit balling here. But maybe MMOC should have it's own death-match forum.
    2 posters go into a thread.
    Start calling each other motherfuckers.
    The first poster to crack and threaten gun violence, loses.
    Their account gets GDPR'd.

Consider it a more formal way for posters to engage with sealions, instead of derailing a thread for seven pages!

MagicFind.US , you're welcome for this innovative idea to drive site engagement. Just send me my royalty checks.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Easy the guy dumping snow on his property wanted to play the game who doesn't give any fucks.
    This psycho was probably one bad day away from shooting at a snow cloud while screaming "DEATH TO THE PHILISTINE!" because it had the audacity to put snow on his property.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    This psycho was probably one bad day away from shooting at a snow cloud while screaming "DEATH TO THE PHILISTINE!" because it had the audacity to put snow on his property.
    Well snow clouds didn’t put snow on his property. The guy trying to instigate a fight did.

Well snow clouds didn’t put snow on his property. The guy trying to instigate a fight did.
    I'd love to see the precision of a cloud that would leave his yard untouched. The cloud was probably next for being an accomplice, but the idiot thought to himself "I'll shoot the cloud after I kill myself"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @cubby your need to blame the victims in this is kinda disturbing.

Not blaming the victim but at what point do you think other people should just rise above it?

Is it when shit clearly goes wrong and could have be prevented by showing decency to other people.

Nah but fuck that do what I want right fuck with people until they clearly had enough.

Not everyone wants to play fucking games.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to see the precision of a cloud that would leave his yard untouched. The cloud was probably next for being an accomplice, but the idiot thought to himself "I'll shoot the cloud after I kill myself"
    Yep ought to be a law against getting that angry that doesn’t end in your entertainment as part of others misery.

But honestly the guy got upset got sick of being pushed he was pissed before you knew it he shot two people mean while the rage was still going and he thought let me add more insult to injury. Finished them off.

The rage faded eventually enough to a point he thought oh shit my life is over nobody gave a fuck about my problems, I didn’t start it so fuck it I’m not going to prison then he killed himself.

I’m pretty sure that’s what happened.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2021-02-09 at 02:43 AM.

Not blaming the victim but at what point do you think other people should just rise above it?

Is it when shit clearly goes wrong and could have be prevented by showing decency to other people.

Nah but fuck that do what I want right fuck with people until they clearly had enough.

Not everyone wants to play fucking games.
    How do we know the neighbors were the instigator? How do we know that they didn't accidentally get snow on his property and then HE was an unreasonable cunt about it? I don't know who was typically the one who started it in this ongoing feud, but I'm a taaaaad more inclined to think the guy who brought out the firearms TWICE is the unreasonable one.

You're right I don't know any of the individuals personally or clinically, but based on my observation the loud mouth shoveling snow on his neighbors lawn seemed to want to find out. I am not going to say he deserved to die or his wife. But your right his attitude was all too common.

The I don't give a fuck about how I treat people or what I say. This is NOT the only time that kind of behavior turned out this way.

There doesn't need to be an excuse, I see this for what it is, what YOU seem to be trying to do is milk sympathy for a guy who literally gave no fucks treated his neighbor like shit and like too many wanted to see just how far he could push it.

Well that is an option in life
    Some dude getting heated and being mildly belligerent = "gives no fucks"? You're inventing personalities for these people to support your perspective, which fundamentally seems to be: people who are rude sometimes deserve to get shot. Common fantasy?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not my intention! I just want more videos of pathetic, out of shape middle-aged dudes gently bumping chests and screaming sweet nothings at each other before the fists start flyin, the chests start heavin, and the person filming screams "WORLD STARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" like their life depends on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some dude getting heated and being mildly belligerent = "gives no fucks"? You're inventing personalities for these people to support your perspective, which fundamentally seems to be: people who are rude sometimes deserve to get shot. Common fantasy?
    No the guy who got shot deliberately shoveled snow on the other guys property. The shoveler got upset he belittled the other guy and so did the shovelers wife.

No justification needed that’s what happened. The neighbor who shot the shoveler and his wife went way way way to far.

And no not a common fantasy but some people get off on creating conflict the guy shoveling the snow wanted to find out. Yes some people really do want to find out.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2021-02-09 at 02:50 AM.

Preferably before murdering people

That's victim blaming. "If they had been nicer they wouldn't have gotten shot."
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It's still a poor example.
    Perhaps we can agree to disagree.

That's where i have issues though...not that I think you are saying that he was justified...just this idea of "played a part in escalating"...really comes across like victim blaming. That they should have been nicer and then they wouldn't have gotten shot.
    This isn't victim blaming. And people need to stop claiming it is. This was a situation that escalated dramatically after a LONG period of antagonism. The couple wasn't justified in being killed, but they certainly made the situation worse.
    They also initiated the violence in this encounter. Still doesn't justify the shooters actions.

I understand in this case that it was a long running feud and it's not clear what the initial cause of that feud even was...but in the end it doesn't matter. He shot them. He walked up to them while they were on the ground and shot them again. He went to get another gun and shot them again.
    Agreed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @cubby your need to blame the victims in this is kinda disturbing.
    And your ironically petty antagonism is unwanted here.

Not sure why you're singling me out. I guess you need to spew your shit somewhere, and you continually pick me. Not going to play your little escalating game. If you want to have a conversation about the circumstances, that's fine - I'm all game.

But you already did a little "gotcha" move earlier, and it wasn't appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being rude and bothersome is not "trying to instigate a fight".

Even if it were, it wouldn't give any justification to anyone falling for the bait, even if it was just taking a swing at the guy.

Going back in the house and getting a firearm just makes the response deliberate 2nd degree murder. Nobody gets pushed to that. That's someone who's got rage issues who was looking for an outlet. Blaming his victims does not hold any water.

I don't care if they shovelled snow into his drive.

I don't care if they called him nasty names and shouted a bunch.

It didn't warrant a physical confrontation, and anyone choosing to get physical over that is a dangerous, violent individual. They were not made to be violent by the rudeness, that violence was there within them waiting for a chance to rise up.

This is not a "both sides a bit to blame" scenario. The blame for this is 100% on the shooter. No blame whatsoever of any kind on his victims. Whether or not they were nice or pleasant people is entirely irrelevant.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    How do we know the neighbors were the instigator? How do we know that they didn't accidentally get snow on his property and then HE was an unreasonable cunt about it? I don't know who was typically the one who started it in this ongoing feud, but I'm a taaaaad more inclined to think the guy who brought out the firearms TWICE is the unreasonable one.
    We know from witnesses and people who knew the history of the conflict. The couple were taking snow from their yard and throwing across the road into his yard. And that's just one of many issues both sides were dealing with. The couple acted with violence first, too.

No one should have been shot, but the couple were factually assholes, on a number of levels.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Perhaps we can agree to disagree.
    Would you use the kind of example if you were representing the man in court?

Maybe we should just agree to agree that it was a bad example and leave it at that.

This isn't victim blaming. And people need to stop claiming it is.
    It is though. You are saying if they had been nicer...they wouldn't have gotten shot.

This was a situation that escalated dramatically after a LONG period of antagonism.
    Antagonism on both sides.

The couple wasn't justified in being killed, but they certainly made the situation worse.
    And that is victim blaming. That's literally what it means. You aren't arguing that it isn't victim blaming. You are arguing that you feel blaming the victims is justified in this case...but it's still victim blaming. Whatever provocations they may have provided...they didn't put the gun in the shooter's hands.

They also initiated the violence in this encounter. Still doesn't justify the shooters actions.
    We have already established the concept of "re-escalation".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Preferably before murdering people

That's victim blaming. "If they had been nicer they wouldn't have gotten shot."
    Lol nicer no they instigated the situation.

Fucker pushed his buttons, knowing he'd piss him off.
    Other dude had enough and shot him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol nicer no they instigated the situation.
    "Hey, she came up to me and was super flirty, and even touched my chest. That totally makes the violent ass-raping to death totally her fault, right, because she instigated?"

That's not a fucking argument, dude. Unless they went and armed themselves with lethal weaponry first, there was no "instigation" that would justify shooting them.